Independence House - Lincoln, NE

Home-like setting and care.

Having formerly placed our folks in a nursing home that couldn't even be counted on to change wet bedding when asked, this place is a very welcomed change. Our parents are now in a home-like setting with a lower patient staff to patient ratio and a spacious residence to move around in. Formerly, my folks stayed in their room all day, got on each other's nerves and so the nursing home was planning to permanently separate them. Now they have their bedrooms right next to each other (although we could have chosen a two BR unit) and visit each other's room or meet in the activity/dining room area. They both enjoy the place and are treated with respect. Would highly recommend this place above others we have seen.

A tour for care

We toured this community. We did not like this community due to being very dark inside. We liked the staff who were caring and friendly. They have a nice list of activities for the residents. We like the menu of meals that are provided. We would recommend that families tour this community for good care.

Engaging activities!!

My sister has recently moved into this community and so far we are very pleased with how things are going for her. I am comfortable with the quality of care the staff have been providing her and she has made friends with many of the other residents. I often see her engaging in different activities with her friends and that is something she never did on her own. I have seen lots of improvement in her since she made the move and we are very happy.

Unusual living conditions!

When I had toured this community I had a very disturbing feeling about this place. All of the nurses had on short white lab coats with high heels and there where manikins in all of the windows. I did not think that was very appropriate for a senior living environment. There was a very unusual feel throughout the building and I would not want my loved one living in that type of environment.

Great Services!!

My loved one is doing good in the community. We feel that this is a very safe place for her. The housekeeping is doing a good job maintaining the community clean and up-kept. There are activities offered for the residents as well as different meal plans. The community tries to meet the residents needs.

A great place for mom!

My mother has been a resident for 6 weeks. I have visited on at least 75% of those days. Often twice a day.

Staff are kind, caring, responsive and friendly.
They listen, anticipate needs, respond well to my questions and to my mothers needs.

Residents are friendly and welcoming.

The building is visually appealing. Has lots of common areas, is well decorated, clean, odor free.

Lots of activities for residents and opportunities for family to be involved.

My Daughter in Law is an emergency room nurse (large hospital) and visits Independence House - Northview frequently with her two small children. She also gives this facility and staff high ratings.

We are smaller. In a world of corporately- owned facilities that focus on volume to drive revenue, we have elected to remain small to focus on care. Each of our four houses has accommodations for 15 to 18 individuals. We are specialized. Our staff is trained to meet the unique needs of those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. We provide an atmosphere and activities that engage our residents and help them to manage their symptoms or behaviors. Our routine and scheduled days allow our residents to adjust and thrive in their new surroundings.