The Waterford at Ames - Ames, IA

A great place for mom!

My mother-in-law is currently living here and everything has been going very well! The Waterford at Ames is very nice and the staff are great, while being very easy to communicate with. They’ve honored any requests that we’ve had and over all we’ve had a very good experience. We come visit my mother-in-law often and generally join her to eat dinner and the food is very good. With portion size being great! They offer outstanding activities like card games, wine nights, social events, movie nights, and more. They keep on top of everything including cleanliness and it’s always clean when we’re there. Ultimately we decided on The Waterford at Ames because it’s very convenient to where we live and how great the facility and staff are!

A great place for mom!

Great place for a loved one

Very nice facility with large beautiful apartments. Staff is very friendly and caring, while providing exceptional service. Food is very good and give a variety of choices! Daily activities that are fun and give a variety of options to choose from. Each time I go to visit my aunt the facility is very clean and smells very good. They also provide outstanding weekly housekeeping!

Great place

Wonderful facility with great staff as well as great amenities. Executive director ([name removed]) and director of sales & marketing ([name removed]) went above and beyond to make sure my parents needs & wants were meet. The Waterford at Ames is very inviting and comforting while being very clean. Housekeeping staff do a great job at making sure the building is clean at all times.

Looking for Mom and Dad

I toured last week for my Mom and Dad. Absolutely beautiful facility and large apartments. I was very impressed how good it smelt also. You don't get a "nursing home" smell when you walk in. The staff were all very welcoming and seemed to enjoy their work. They also have a large gorgeous courtyard with an infinity walking path, perfect for my "outdoors" Father! Finding a place for Mom and Dad to call home has been a lot to handle, but Waterford really helped put my worries at ease!

Hell On Earth

Next to a Mexican [Removed] one of the worst places on Earth,Staff don't care it is all about having your rent on time.Food God Awful,rooms rarely cleaned and if they are done just light dusting.People left sitting at doctor appointments Hours after there threw.Money is some how taken from accounts by charging for services they really do not provide.Could go on but why if you are sending a family member there well you really don't care about them anyways so is the truth going to change your mind.

Very nice place!

We're very happy with how things have gone so far with The Waterford at Ames! They've done everything extremely well, from start to finish. They really went out of their way to help my parents settle in and get acclimated. The facility itself is very nice looking, and always clean, and they take great care of their residents. I couldn't speak more highly of them!

very nice.

very nice.

Enjoy the finer things in life at The Waterford at Ames, creating an enriching environment for our residents to flourish in. Renowned for our Assisted Living services in Ames, Iowa, our community features spacious apartments and attentive staff available 24 hours a day. Flexible floor plans accommodate different lifestyles and needs with thoughtful comforts such as spacious kitchens with full-sized appliances and utilities, including basic cable (but excluding phone service) covered by our community; safety features including emergency call buttons and assist hand railings in bathrooms; and 2-inch mini-blinds as well as wall-to-wall carpet for comfort and privacy. Outside of our apartments, residents will discover a warm and inviting atmosphere. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our residents by providing an environment that is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulating. Residents are warmhearted, interesting people who enjoy the freedom of Assisted Living – freedom from the worries and dangers of solitary living and cooking and cleaning – in surroundings that are kind and gracious and the knowledge of knowing someone is always at hand if help is needed. We specialize in creating care plans tailored to individuals.