Brookdale Cedar Springs - Decatur, AL

Lynn Easterwood was very warm, knowledgeable and friendly. The staff seemed to enjoy their jobs and knew the residents by name. The residents seemed happy. The food was appealing. All of this was good. Cedar Springs definitely seemed older and some areas especially need updating. Recarpeting the halls with one continuous new carpet would do wonders in updating. The final decision is not mine. I am gathering info for my sister and there is a lot to like here

I really enjoyed visiting Brookdale and meeting [Removed]. The residents seem to really enjoy living there. Several came up to me and said that they loved living there and would highly recommend it. They all seem so very happy gathering and visiting in the commons area in the restaurant. It did seem cost-effective and that it would the needs of my parents. It seemed like a family setting and they made me feel right at home with them.

Home and Care

we are happy with this community for the care that they are giving. We are happy to know that the staff is always friendly and very caring. The food is very good and a nice variety. She really does like the activities they offer her here. We are recommending this community to another family for the care and value for loved ones.

All Is Well

My friend is doing very well since his move to this community. Everything has worked out very well. I'am pleased with his move to this community. He is safe and being cared for well. This is a good community with kind people.

Caring For My Parents Well

So far everything is working out pretty well for my parents here. The staff is great, and they are caring for them very well. I'am satisfied with all they have done for us. The community is well maintained. They do a great job with the cleanliness. My mother loves it at this community, and that is a big plus. I know they are safe and in good hands.

Grateful

I am so pleased with the staff and services at Brookdale Cedar Springs. They have been very welcoming and attentive to my mother and compassionate with her adjustment. Her world unexpectedly changed when my Daddy - her husband of almost 60 years - passed away. Cedar Springs Independent Living was a Godsend compromise for us. My siblings and I know she has the security and care she need while she maintains her independence. The only complaint we've heard is dinner is served WAY too early. However, her lunch portions are large enough she can't eat it all so she takes the rest for her dinner later. We are truly grateful for Cedar Springs and the precious staff members who help our mother maintain her dignity while providing her needed assistance.

Very Nice Tour

I toured this community for my mother and my tour went well. The community appeared to be well maintained, everything was nice and clean. The staff was very kind and friendly. They were informative and answered my questions. It was a nice tour.

Seemed like a nice place!

Very Happy

The Cedar Springs is a nice community. We are very happy. It's a great value. My loved one is well taken care of. The facility itself is very clean. The staff and the residents are all friendly.

Comfortable and Safe

Cedar Springs has been a blessing to our family. We were in a crunch and A Place for mom helped get us in contact with Cedar Springs.

Cedar Springs contacted me immediately and everything just fell into place. My mom knows she is in the right place and feels so comfortable there. The staff has made her feel like part of the family.

Most importantly my mom feels safe. I cannot recommend Cedar Springs enough. They have literally been a life saver!

A Place For Mom and Cedar Springs

Cedar Springs was God Sent for our family!! I have talked to several of the staff members there. Our family is very happy with our mother living there. Mom feels safe and loves her patio home. All we have to do is pick up the phone and call with any questions or concerns we might have. I even received a phone call recently from a staff member asking our views of the facilities and staff. We love the follow up process and cannot wait for our mom to get her strength back and begin participaring in the activities!

Thanks also to "A place for mom".....this would have been a nightmare.

This transition was a life saver because of A Place for Mom and Cedar Springs!

It was very good

The facility was kept up good and very clean. The staff was really friendly and helpful. My mother is happy to be there. What they charge is the best value we found compared to other several we have already looked at.

The community is doing a good job.

The community is doing a good job. The insurance has been a pain, but that isn't the communities fault. Everything costs extra money. They get their meals, and even when there was a fire in the kitchen, they still got everyone fed.

Review of Cedar Springs Assisted Living in Decatur, AL

I was really impressed by this facility. Super clean, freshly painted units, lots of extras and choices. Definitely taking Mom to visit, also. Director very helpful!

They do an excellent job.

They do an excellent job. The staff is really good, and very helpful. They are about in the middle, for pricing, but for what you get, it's a great value. From what I've seen they seem to have quite a bit going on. They have outings and an Italian cooking class and tasting, and bingo, and lots more. The food was pretty dang good. We have thought about this for ourselves in the future.

They have lots of activities and they have great food.

They had a maintenance man that wasn't very good. He was a contractor though, so that wasn't their fault. They do a great job! They have lots of activities and they have great food. I was very happy with them.

I think it's a pretty good community, they are clean and friendly. I think the people who do the initial assessment could be a little more thorough. I liked that it was a gated community.

Not for the active

We are not happy with it, our loved one has Alzheimer but seems to be more active then most of the residents in this community. The activities look good on paper but it seems like no one really shows up for them. There is a place to walk around and they said there was a walking club but have yet to see it. The have a common room that have a pool table and a few other things to do. The assisted living and independent living residents are separated. They check on them every two hours. Wake up call is at about 5:45 am and then it’s off to breakfast. We are paying about $3,000 a month. The staff is nice and friendly. It just does seem like it is the right fit for our loved one. This community is a better fit for less active residents that do not wish to socialize.

If mom moves to Decatur, I think this...

If mom moves to Decatur, I think this is the place.

Got Dad moved in. still getting settl...

Got Dad moved in. still getting settled butr staff is great!

Cedar Springs provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.