Atria Sugar Land - Sugar Land, TX

[Name removed] wonderful! Not only did she give us information and the tour, but included veteran benefits. She understood and verbalized very well her understanding of my dad's situation right away. She is a professional who is knowledgeable about the facility. I appreciated that. I also appreciate the offer of a stay over for my dad. I found the facility to be well maintained, quiet, and aesthetic. It has the amenities that would fit comfortably with my dad's current independent lifestyle. Greatwood is also is close to shopping and health facilities that my dad would be able to utilize. Distance and traffic (Hwy 6 and Hwy 59) to the facility from my house are my concerns currently. However, I will see what dad thinks about it.

Toured on Saturday. We liked it very much. We still would like to look at two more area locations to have a comparison, and my husband would like some references from families of residents.

Very nice community, but kind of pricey

I toured this community. I really liked the place but it was quite a bit more expensive than what we were looking for. I thought the facility was very nice and clean, though, and they seemed to provide a lot of good activities to keep everyone entertained. They offered a nice library, organized trips, and everyone I talked with seemed very nice. The residents seemed to be happy to be there as well. My father had been here 3 or 4 years ago and I thought they did a really good job with taking care of him at the time, however it just didn’t work for our needs this time around.

Nursing staff is a weak link

This is an older and smaller facility than other facilities I have toured. The facility looks really good and the management is wonderful. The only problem I had is there is a weak link in the nursing staff. They just wouldn't be able to provide the level of care that my parents need. There isn't a nurse on staff after 7 p.m. and the Med Tech didn't go to the rooms to administer medication. There just seemed to be less manpower and a little less of everything. They just aren't set up for a high level of care as my parents need. I would recommend this facility if your loved one doesn't need a high level of care.

Very pricey, up prices regularly, but nice community

Rating based on being very pricey and upping prices often, but good community. Caregivers are mostly good.
They have both many new workers each month (some good, some not) and around 1/2 are long-term workers, who are excellent. Community is nice. Activities are good.
Family is not always informed if the loved one has medical incidence. (like dizzy or a fall) The loved one is expected to tell family.
Atria is pricey and they raise the prices and may require you pay for room updates not fixed before you moved in. Atria corporate doesn't believe in Age in Place, but in profits. Local seems to have little say. There seemed to be a major corporate change in Nov. 2016. We have seen longer-term residents move out.
Both rent and care level rates seem to be based how long you are there (or what they think you can pay). Our price per care level doubled after only a few months there and found out recently others who moved in only few months before us are paying 10% less. They tried to raise the rent 10% after couple months, but we objected. [Another new resident just left.]

Mom and Dad's Care

I really like the care that my parents are receiving here from this nice and caring community. We do speak with the staff on a normal basis to keep open communication on a few issues. We like the menu that my parents are getting. The activities are great and we like that when they want to go out on the shuttle it is always available, they are happy with the environment and the room that they have They do some personal caring things for my parents. I would recommend this community, We would recommend this community for other families for care and good communication that is available for the families for care and concern.

We Are Very Thankful For the Community

Things could not be any better for my mother-in-law. We are so delighted and we are just amazed on her improvement. We are thankful every day that she is here. She is talking about how good the meals and her socialization have been. She is playing bingo, walking and going to exercise twice a day. I never thought she would improve so much, they went above and beyond our expectations.

A good tour

This is an older community and the room we saw was small. The room had a kitchen with a granite bar to eat at. The air conditioning unit in the room stuck out from the wall. The pricing was comparable. The dining room was not very nice and it seemed to be in the lobby. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable. This community would not have worked for us.

It is a smaller community and we liked that. They really make an effort to know their residents. Activities are relevant to the population they serve. So far, we are pleased with care our mother receives. She has made the transition well from living in her own home to an assisted living facility.

10 Stars for Atria

You didn't have enough stars to reflect amazing the many fine qualities of your facility.

From the grounds to the interior to the staff to the occupants every thing is top notch. Just as importantly the activities, food and overall interaction with the people makes it more like a resort than a Sr Living Facility. After giving it consideration ten stars would better represent my appreciation of the qualities on display. Also, you are great and patient communicatos.

Great Tour!

My tour of the Atria Sugar Land went well. They showed me where the residents gather, and where they eat. The place was very clean and the person that gave me the tour was very knowledgeable and friendly.

We feel it is too expensive.

One Of My Top Choices

I really liked this community when touring. I loved the vibrations of the place. I found out the chef is a former professional cook. They told me that they would not be able to provide the care we needed. They would not be a good fit for my parents.

I Wasn't Involved Much

I guess there were some improvements to the place, but that was a senior living area, and I only needed to be there because I was recuperating from a transplant operation, so I was not involved much with it.

They worked with us well. They were very easy to work with..

They worked with us well. They were very easy to work with in getting my parents in there. I only met a couple of the caregivers. The couple of caregivers that I did meet were very caring. You could tell that they cared. It was a really good experience. The facility was nice and very clean. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. The value was excellent. I can't rate the activities because it is not applicable.

Wife's retreat-Ike a resort!

Great place for respite!!

Not all Atria's the Same

My mother has lived in this facility for the past year. She has not been given medicine as prescribed by her doctors. When she does not receive her medication, she calls me crying, saying she wants to [removed]. When I've called the staff they shrug it off saying they "got busy" and "forgot" to give my mother her medication.

The food quality is marginal. This disappointed me as the Atria where I am from serves excellent food.

If it was just up to me, I would move her to a place where the care and food was better.

Kate Vance

Hi, Mr. Chambers. Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear of your frustration with Atria Sugar Land and we'd like the opportunity to discuss your experience in more detail. If you're open to continuing the conversation, please reach out to us at [removed].

We visited this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. I thought this place looked excellent! The staff all seemed very friendly, and everyone came up to introduce themselves during the tour. The facility itself was beautiful, well kept, and clean. They are definitely worth a look if you're looking for care in the area!

Nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I like what I saw here, it seemed like a nice place, overall. The staff were all very friendly, and the facility itself was clean and well kept. However, the facility was multiple floors, which I didn't think would have been something my loved one would be able to navigate easily.

Perfect Fit

When we visited the community it just seemed like the environment was the perfect fit for the situation we were in. Our loved one likes it here the food is good, it's not like home cooking but it is good. The landscaping is very nice and well maintained.

Guess my first impression did not sav...

Guess my first impression did not save. Great place. would love for mom and dad to be close and this is one of the closest. Davita is also right around the corner from them. Seems a little high in price, but this was the first one i looked at. They couldn't have been nicer. Even gave me a pie to take to mom and dad. Great great first impression..

Very impressed, very large and clean....

Very impressed, very large and clean. Social activities were really nice. Rooms were nice. Pricy Fridge and small kitchen in every room.

Great facility. Friendly staff. Met a...

Great facility. Friendly staff. Met a few residents and everyone seemed very happy and well cared for. Lots of activities. Safe environment. Really liked this facility.

Nice rooms.

Nice rooms.

At Atria Sugar Land, you’ll receive exceptional care from our experienced staff and enjoy many opportunities for entertainment and relaxation. Make new friends on weekly outings to restaurants, museums and attractions, including Houston Astros games. Entertain family on the front porch, or on a chilly evening, retreat to the fireplace inside. Atria Sugar Land is located just outside Houston and close to shopping centers and doctors’ offices.