The Residences at Thomas Circle - Washington, DC

Independent living. Sister facility to Chevy Chase House. Reasonably priced, especially for Washington DC.

Grandfather's transition to Thomas Circle

My grandfather was hesitant about moving. On the first day he met so many welcoming people. By Saturday he felt so much at home and had already found activities to be involved in. When I called to check on him after four days he said that this was a good decision and he felt like it is home. We are glad he likes it and glad we found Thomas Circle.

While I didn't tour the community Judy (who will be the resident), her husband and her other POA Loved it. They felt TC offered great socialization opportunities, sophisticated dining and spacious apartments. A place for Mom, Lisa Glaser, did an excellent job selecting the right communities for us to visit. Ms. Crawford at TC has been very accommodating and has a in depth knowledge of her community and what it offers. Thanks to all for making this an easy transition.

Nice place

I like TC a lot, it's a very nice place for seniors.
A couple things to mention. Having moved here from another senior place in a different state, my mom would like to have someone who makes crafts with the seniors, say once a week.

Great place to be!

Don't believe the "hype"

I have lived in this facility for six years. There have been 3 management groups here during that time frame. I really enjoyed being here during my first three years. However, a new management team came in about three years ago and everything changed. I am not at all satisfied with the policies and practices of the present management team. I find that they are dishonest and will lie to cover up something that they have done wrong. I have written to the Mayor of DC on a few occasions about the violations of law that have occurred here. I have also filed complaints with the DC Department of Health regarding violations. I am currently involved in a complaint against this facility for fraudulent insurance billing and inaccurate level of care assessment in order to get more money.

I would not recommend anyone to come here while the present management team is still in place.

I do not want to move because the facility is centrally located in DC and is quickly accessible to places that I go, i.e., restaurants, library, DC Courts, Kennedy Center, Arena Stage, Smithsonian, and other similar establishments. Also, I do not want to give this present CEO the satisfaction of making me leave. I hope she and her team will not be here much longer.

The food is mediocore. The quality of the food had dropped since this management team has been in place.

We have very good CNA and Nurses. About two years ago I became ill and had to go to the skilled nursing unit for two weeks after returning from the hospital. I was delighted with the care that I received.

It's not for everyone...

the facility is clean and well maintained, the staff is extremely pleasant but the residents, while racially diverse, are cliquish bordering on snobbish and the staff does little to intervene in that dynamic. if you are upper middle class to affluent and feel strongly about your social status, if your time at an elite boarding school or college was the peak of your existence , then this is probably a good place for you. otherwise not so much. . if you are looking for more of a community of fellowship and mutual caring, then keep looking..the downtown location is convenient for some but parking is a nightmare and there is little outside space to enjoy. if the senior is mobile and healthy enough to walk or wheelchair there are nearby parks but not extremely close by.

The Residences at Thomas Circle is a unique senior retirement community, offering all levels of care, in the heart of the district. Thomas Circle provides the fine dining experience and entertainment of DuPont and Logan Circle, along with the historic 14th Street neighborhoods in between.

Additionally, there are all the cultural attractions of the nation’s capital. Countless options. Comprehensive amenities. And most of all, compassionate people. A place where independent living finds it fullest expression. And where continuing care is not just a phase, but a commitment.