Brighton Gardens of Friendship Heights - Chevy Chase, MD

AL but no skilled

I can not say enough positive things to adequately express our positive experience working with the Brighton Gardens. Over the course of the interview and preparation period all our questions were promptly and courtesy answered. Our "special needs" were addressed with considerable flexibility.

Unfortunately the patient did not live long enough to enter Brighten Gardens, even though all plans were in place.

Difficult - But very do-able!

It has been hard for my friend to make this move. She is 95, not good with change at any age and now it is even harder.
The staff has been wonderful about reaching out to her and doing their best to make her feel at home, included and cared for - despite her crankiness! Medications have been on time, information has readily been shared as needed.
When I have a question, all the staff is approachable - from the top down - and they are responsive. That was not the case concerning previous experiences.

Compassionate and empathetic staff

Unfortunately my loved one was only here for a very brief time, but in that time my experience with Brighton Gardens was a very positive one. The woman who does their sales, Sue, was great. She was compassionate and empathetic, answered all of my questions, and I never felt like I was listening to a sales pitch. All of the employees at the community were very accommodating and understanding, and really helped ease the stress that having to search for one of these communities can cause. As an example, we were having a billing issue where the bill was not coming through to me. They told me just to get it to them when I could, there was no rush or pressure to get it resolved in the middle of an already stressful situation.

Great location and facility.

Great location and facility.

We are very pleased with them. They have been wonderful.

We are very pleased with them. They have been wonderful. They are very clean and friendly, and they are very quick to respond to any needs or concerns. They have so many activities to choose from she can't do them all. The food is good. We have no complaints whatsoever.

The staff is courteous, inf...

The staff is courteous, informative and I really like Brighton Gardens. The location is amazing and the facility is clean and inviting.

Another family member had a...

Another family member had a bad experience here.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re very sorry to hear that you had this experience with our community. We care deeply about the well-being of our residents and we’d like to learn more about your concerns. Please contact us at [removed]. –The Sunrise Team

Brighton Gardens provides personal care in an apartment-style setting that offers the simple pleasures - nutritious food, comfortable surroundings, and the support of a warm, caring and competent staff. A separate Special Care Center for residents with Alzheimer's or other memory related disorders is also on-site. The key to our success in the Special Care Center is our dedicated and compassionate staff, which receives special training and supervision. Our Special Care programming offers a variety of activities designed to achieve memory enrichment and positive social interactions. Caring for residents with dementia is a partnership between the community and the family, frequent family visits are encouraged and support groups and advisory councils are arranged. A Short Stay Program for seniors who need short-term care may also be available. It is the ideal alternative for recuperating after a hospital stay, while family caregivers are on vacation or if you just want to try out personal care. Please call for more information or to schedule a visit to find out how Brighton Gardens can enrich your life or the life of a loved one.