Great Community

Dad lived here and had many wonderful friends! I am so thankful for the wonderful people he met and experiences he had here. The management helped to get a new occupant into his home quicker than expected (probably because he had granite counter-tops) and we got his entrance fee returned which really helped with other expenses. A lot of his friends had lived there 10 years and he wanted to stay, but we are glad to have him closer to us. We really miss Geneva but will keep in touch!

Do no move there #2

I agree with the person that stated do not move there!
Everything he said is true.
The residents are wonderful, but the management is terrible!
You have to continue paying the rent until they sell the apartment even if you die! They have no incentive to sell. So many residents forfeit the large by in.
My husband and I were lucky to get out.

I was pleasantly surprised to learn they had assisted living. The price sheet is very reasonable and I think my mom would really like the finishes. Thank you to the ladies in the office for meeting me without an appointment. I like your movie theater and exercise room a lot.

Stay Away From This Facility

Until management of this facility changes you should not consider this facility even for a second. The actual facility is fantastic but management is only concerned with making a profit (and because of this gets blanket support from Essex Corp the owner) and could care less about the residents. Management has all residents scared of reprisal and any efforts to fight back are met with vindictive reprisals. By-laws have vague clauses that allows management to operate with impunity.

I have a loved one at this facility but I can’t be more specific for fear of retaliation by the management until we can find another living situation for them. If I could put my phone # in this review as I would be happy to give specifics on how management has made living at this once great place now unbearable. They have elderly residents on their board that don’t even know the impact of the decisions that they are making. Because of this all the decisions are basically made by the manager and you do not want your loved ones being ruled by that person.

Steer clear of this facility

The reserve is estheticly nice, however the staff, specifically [Removed] is rude uncaring and very unprofessional. We took our parents out of there, mainly due to [Removed].

I toured this after recent remodel and it was gorgeous! What was even better is they said that Inglenook Pantry, the old restaurant, was who cooked all of their dinners and I loved that restaurant when it was open. The remodel looks very nice. Its close to my doctors offices and the places I shop so that's a bonus for me plus they have a car service in case I cant drive. I got on the waitlist for a one bedroom home because that's all I need but the only ones available when I looked were 2 bedroom.

A Good Community!!

Staff in the community communicate well and have been friendly with my loved one and the family. My loved one is doing well adjusting to her new residence. The meals have good taste and are nutritious. The housekeeping maintains the community up-kept and fairly organized. Activities that are offered are okay.

Review of The Reserve of Geneva - Geneva, IL

1) Small enough to know everyone
2) Excellent location for physicians, optometrists, hospital, shopping, restaurants
3) Fantastic employees

Review of The Reserve of Geneva

Splendid! Wonderful, caring people - location, location, location! Shopping, medical services within one block. Units larger than most - balconies... Super senior living!

This does not have continui...

This does not have continuing care. I loved this place. The people and apartments were great but I need CCC.

A little more expensive tha...

A little more expensive than Carriage Oaks, but also spotless. Lots of little touches make this a top notch option for what we need. Now all we need to do is convince mom!