Overlook Green Senior Living - Pittsburgh, PA

We welcome you to find out more about our community, which centers on a commitment to individual needs. Our goal is to celebrate your independence and, at the same time, provide the amount of daily assistance that you require. All this happens in an atmosphere that is specially designed for your loved one in a dignified way.

Overlook Green is located in Whitehall Pennsylvania, a few miles from Caste Village shopping center. Our community is nestled back in a peaceful neighborhood setting. Life at Overlook Green is never dull! Join in on our everyday activities as well as our spectacular events that go above and beyond the traditional ideas about retirement living. Every day brings a chance to experience life in new and exciting ways. Our dedicated staff members promote a spirit of family, and strive to provide a wonderful quality of life for each of our residents at our beautiful retirement community.

Join us for a complimentary lunch and personal tour…
And take home our delicious signature dish “baklava”

Nice bright open facility, large common area and dining room. Little concerned about the staffing ratio at night.

Keep in touch!

I wanted to take a tour of this property, but the staff would not show me. It was because they said that my loved one was to young to go to there community. That really upset me because someone could have called me and told me this before I made it all the way there. I would not recommend this place to others.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you so much, we really appreciate your feedback. Overlook Green Senior Living strives to deliver quality care and finest hospitality experience to our residents and guests. We would love to invite you over for another tour to showcase how beautiful and thriving our community really is, we have a dedicated staff member that will take you around and join you for lunch. Please visit our web site to schedule a tour and we hope to see you back: [removed]

Things have improved!

I think the transitioning in of the resident should be handled better. I believe they should have a meeting about the residents needs before they move in. The community is kept clean and the staff encourage mom to participate in the daily activities. I would recommend this community.

Friendly staff, nice facility, good value

My mother has only been in there a week, but she likes it very much. She said the food is very good and the staff is very friendly. She likes the variety of activities offered. The staff has been very responsive to her needs.

We were very happy with them in the beginning.

We were very happy with them in the beginning. Our loved one is a little disappointed now, but some of that may be their condition. I would give them a 4 overall.

Five Star Reviews

Hi, I’m Michelle, The Executive Director of Overlook Green. We’re sorry to hear that your loved one hasn’t been pleased with their stay at our community. We assure you that we make every effort to meet the needs of our residents and provide the highest quality care. We would very much like to meet with you to hear details of your loved one’s experience and discuss how we can make their stay more enjoyable. Please contact me at [removed].

Real life review

I have waited six weeks before reviewing this facility, so I can give it a fair assessment. I visit my Mother every other day so I believe I can give an accurate review. In short this facility provides the basic services it advertises. If you are looking for a compassionate environment for your loved one, best to look elsewhere. I find the dietary staff to be very engaged and caring for my Mother's needs.. I find the RN's to be jaded and lack compassion for their chosen profession. A handful of the aides are very caring and willing to help my mother's last days to be comfortable. I fully understand the difficulty of caring for elderly with various issues, but unfortunately this facility falls short in many key areas for me to refer it to friends and family.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you for your feedback. At Five Star Senior Living, we strive to provide a positive environment for residents and staff alike. We’re sorry about your negative experience, and would gladly discuss your concerns with you directly to hear your thoughts on ways we can improve. Please call and ask for me, Michelle, at [removed] so I can be of more assistance.

A new home

Overlook Green has, so far, been very nice for mom, but she has only been in there for one week. Her room is spacious and comfortable. She has become blind and is having trouble acclimating, but the staff is being very kind and helpful.

Best decision for mom-she's smiling again!

The people there are kind and compassionate and always treat mom with dignity and respect. She told me she had no heat in her room and reported it to the front desk. They quickly replaced the unit in her room. After a few months and mom settled in, she requested a transfer to a different room due to the constant care her roommate required which was disrupting her sleep several times a night (mom is a very light sleeper). They assured her when a room became available, they would do their best to move her...2 weeks later a room became available and sure enough, they moved her in right away. This speaks volumes to me. I have visited all different times, day and night; she is always dressed, clean and happy! She is settling in well and isn't sleeping all the time like she did when she was living alone. Overlook Green has given me a safe, beautiful home for my mom and I can't thank the staff enough for this.

Very nice place!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Overlook Green! It's a very nice, clean, well kept facility, and all of the employees have been friendly and professional. We're entirely satisfied!

New Resident Experience

Right now my husband is just getting settled in at Overlook Green. The sales counselor is great and follows up with me ongoing to make sure everything is going well and always answers questions and follows through on what we need. A larger room became available which we wanted and all personal belongings were moved and my husband received a pendant call light as we requested. Staff is very nice and considerate of his needs. We have already used their transportation van and the driver was of the greatest help and was willing to work over time to get my husband to doctors appts on an emergent basis. So far so good!! My only suggestion is that 5 Star renovate and upgrade the entire facility as it remains looking and feeling like an older nursing home, depressed and gloomy, rather than a crisp cheerful personal care facility. The outside needs cleaned up, painted and modernized also so as you enter you feel uplifted. We look forward to my husband's improvement especially with the wonderful nurses and aides we have met and the onsite physical and occupational therapy dept.

Short visit , less than 10 minutes. When I arrived, even thought I was scheduled, it appeared as though I was not expected. In that it is primarily an assisted living, it was not the fit I was looking for my dad.

Not a great experience

They were very rude to us, they were nice to our face, but they fought us a lot. They would say one thing one day, and something else the next day. I would ask what the procedures would be, and they wouldn't tell us. The nurses aides did the best they could with what they had to work with, but the administrator and the head of the aides, were not good at all. The activities people were also very nice. Since we moved I feel like my loved one is getting better care.

Five Star Reviews

We here at Overlook Green work very hard in making your experience a positive one. We strive to always have the correct answers, but if we happen to fall short, we certainly welcome the feedback so that we can make it right. We have had years of high family satisfaction results over 90% , but work hard to always reach 100% satisfaction, and we are sorry we did not in your case. We wish you well in your future and will take your comments into consideration.

needed a place like this

I am with Overlook Green Senior Living. Mom has been here only a few months so it is hard to judge too much at this point. She is glad to be around other residents her own age. Mom really needed a place like this.

Very nice place, great fit for us!

Our experience with Overlook Green Senior Living has been a very good one so far, it is a great fit for my loved one! The staff here are just very nice and loving people, you really get the sense that they are genuinely interested in the happiness and well-being of the people who live here. They also do a great job with the food, my loved one has had nothing but good things to say! Another nice benefit is that the facility is all one floor, which makes it much easier to get around.

Good care for the price

For the price I think they do a very good job at Overlook Green. My loved one has memory issues, and they were willing to accept her, but I do think the level of care they provide is more on the assisted living level. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the staff are friendly. They do seem to have a high rate of turnover in the aide staff, however. The people here work hard, and for the price they are able to provide a good level of care, I'd absolutely recommend to families to whom budget is a concern.

overlook green

The help here is very kind and loving. My Mom has her cat with her and the cat is good for everyone! My Mother does not participate in activities but there seems to be enough to do to break up the day. I am looking forward to warm weather to enjoy the outdoor areas.

Overlook Green Senior Living

Intially had issues with establishing proper care and medication dispensing. But, staff has been very cooperative in correcting the problems.
The facility is well maintained.
Residents have a variety of activities to chose. Staff very helpful in addressing any deficiency a resident may have in order to participate.
Mom complains about the food--but, any great cook is never satisfied with the way others prepare the meals!
Overall, it has been a very good choice for Mom. Family members can rely on her well-being be addressed at this facility.

a decent job

They seem to be taking decent care of her, but she is at a rehabilitation community as of the time of this review. I don’t have a lot of strong opinions on this community, but as I said, they seem to be doing a decent job.

They looked like a funeral home, and they had a smell when you walked in.

They looked like a funeral home, and they had a smell when you walked in. It was very cold and depressing. The rooms were too small and they shared an adjoining bathroom. If you had dementia and didn't know where you were at it would be ok, but if you are aware, I think it's too cold and sad feeling.

She always looks nice and clean, and she is eating her dinner. The value is really good. They keep the community clean and the people are real friendly. I can't think of anything that could be done better or improved. I like that everything is on one floor. It's a nice area even the other homes nearby are nice. The dining room looks like a restaraunt with cloth knapkins. It really is just a nice place.

This nursing home is horrible . There...

This nursing home is horrible . There is one staff member who is extremely mean and ignorant and talked down to a visitor. I will be contacting a higher up person to have this person removed or doing further action. [removed] The rest of the nursing staff is really good. If they talk down to a visitor imagine how they talk to their residents. ?

Good Value

We have been happy with them so far. There are nicer places but they are also more costly. For the price that they charge we feel it is a very good choice. We are pleased with it so far and at this time would be able to recommend it to others.

Good Place, Very Bright

I think it's a good price. My dad thinks it's expensive but for the two of them, him and his wife, I think it's a good price.

From feedback from my dad, the care is not perfect. I'm sure it's just that they're busy but sometimes if he needs something they don't come right away. If he presses his button he has to wait, sometimes for a while.

For activites, my dad doesn't do them but it looks like they're always doing something when I go.

I think it's a good place. I've seen a lot of other places and it's very nice looking. Lost of skylights - very bright.

Staff not trained in Alzheimers care.

Staff not trained in Alzheimers care.