So Much Is Here

i just think it's been a socially great place for my mom at this community. She enjoys her meals and can choose from 3 different restaurants. They also provide substitutions and alternative meals. My mom is very much enjoying the activities and outing they offer. She loves it here and I would recommend them to m y family and friends.

A good choice

We chose The Pines at Whiting for my mom with these priorities. Independent living
1. Cleanliness and level of general upkeep of the facility and apartments. Also we found local recommendations that it was a good facility.
Also the setting - in the pine barrens my mom can drive and not be on RT 70 and it's 10 miles to my home. Also for the services included in the monthly bill and at move in
2. Multiple levels of care. Plus a rehab - most don't have that so if short term rehab is needed after a hospitalization you would end up somewhere else. You are priority for getting in to the other units
3 friendliness of staff and they were very accommodating to get us in
4 the board of trustees is half residents of the pines

Visited 8/31/16 with Mom & Chet
Toured with Wendy.
A Little remote....
Mom & Chet may book an overnight stay.

Would not recommend this place

We did not have a good experience here at all. My loved one fell many times, and not only was I not notified most of the time, more than once they did not seek proper medical help for a serious fall. I really would not recommend this place to anyone.

Very happy with facility so far!

I am very pleased with this facility so far for my mother. The clinic staff is excellent and the first week was only hampered by one of the major staff personnel leaving, which resulted in some items not getting finished, but the other staff were relatively skillful at filling in some of the areas that were missed. The residents' welcoming committee was also a very helpful, kind touch.