The Phoenix at Delray - Delray Beach, FL

Nice but not enough

The place is very nice . New facilities but the social aspect has a lot to be desired. If ur a man forget going to the activities. No one shows up! They have to cancel. The men that are there are cliquey, my father was introduced to them when he visited and they didn’t even talk to him when they ate. He tried to get a card game going, nobodyI responded. Sometimes someone will join him in the exercise room. I convinced him to move there as he was sitting in his house doing nothing. Here he does a little bit more than nothing. Have to pay more money for him to join the community center in the area so he doesn’t spend the whole day watching tv

Be Careful

My family is unhappy with The Phoenix. My mother had a stroke the day I was moving her things into the apartment with movers. She had further setbacks in the hospital, and now and will need 24/7 care for the rest of her life. The Phoenix refuses to return the community fee, even though my mother never was able to live there, stating that it's nonrefundable. We offered to pay per diem for the days her belongings were there before movers could remove them. We've been told by the Regional Director of four local communities in our area, the Sales Director for another, and a placement specialist in senior communities that this is wrong, and that the money should be refunded in full- that they all would in the same circumstance. We were told by The Phoenix that a gentleman had changed his mind after moving some belongings into the apartment before my mother. So, The Phoenix has his $3,125 community fee, my mother's and the next persons..By the time the next person actually lives there they'll have $9,375 in community fees for one apartment, then rent. Our mother had a STROKE, to refuse to return her money, citing a signed lease is WRONG.

The Perfect Place for Mom or Dad

I can't say enough about The Phoenix at Delray Beach, Florida. We loved it from the moment we entered the grounds.

The staff could not be nicer, They are always eager to help with a smile on their face.

The food is wonderful and the ambiance in the dining room is as nice as any fine restaurant. The staff in the dining room are always making sure you're satisfied.

The apartments are all lovely and the building both inside and out is always well maintained.

It's very gratifying to know that our mom is very happy and comfortable there.

If you are in doubt about where to place your mother or father just take a tour of The Phoenix and see for yourself.

Liked the staff; very down to earth and LOVED the newly renovated buidling. I will bring Mom there for lunch or dinner
so she can see the place and meet some of the people who live there.

Easy to navigate!!

I really enjoyed my tour of this community. I was impressed with how well the staff distributed information to us and even offered us a chance to try one of there meals during our visit. I also liked how easy there floor plan was set up. They had wide hallways and spacious common areas. Overall great experience with no complaints.

Great place

All the staff here are very attentive. The renovations look fantastic!

My mom loves the Phoenix

My mom lives at the property and loves it! From the great customer service to outstanding amenities this place is great. The renovations look great and I feel very good that my mom is in good hands.

Pheonix of Delray stinks!

Toured

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The Phoenix at Delray seemed like a nice enough place, but I don't think it was the best fit for our loved one. It was a large facility and I think it would have been too much for her to navigate. They were also in the middle of renovations when we toured, so it's hard to say how those will turn out.

New Resident

I recently moved to the Phoenix and I really like my apartment and my neighbors. The food is spectacular and I am looking forward to all of the exciting outings.

Living at the Pheonix of Delray is a nightmare! Run, Run, Run ! They are gutting the inside of the building and conducting demolition in vacant units. The noise is very stressful and having a very adverse effect on the health of the elderly residents. There are major security and exterior lighting issues. New people are moving in, and then moving right out. People are very unhappy living at the Pheonix!

My intention for writing this review is to spare anyone from the grief and aggravation and misery of living here!