Grand Villa of Delray East - Delray Beach, FL

Residents and staff are extremely friendly. Facility is very clean. Everyone we talked to loves being here. High on our list!

Used to be a warm and friendly community but the new leadership is terrible, unfriendly and cold to people.

Clint Dockery

I am very sorry that you feel our level of friendliness and compassion has decreased. We try very hard to treat all of our Residents and their Families as if they were part of our own family.
I invite you to contact me, so we can sit down & discuss your feelings in person. I will work my hardest to address all of your concerns & re-earn your confidence in Grand Villa.
Sincerely,
Brie Parks, Executive Director Grand Villa of Delray Beach East.

Very Pleased So Far

We toured quite a few communities but in the end, we chose this one for many reasons. First was the location it was exactly where we were hoping for options. The staff is very friendly and helpful and very accommodating. They offer appropriate activities for dementia and alters patients. The food seems to be good. The community itself is very clean well maintained.

We were not impressed

We did a couple of tours here and I am glad we did as the second time here we had lunch and the food was not very good at all, we sat with the assisted living residents where my mother would be living and it was not good. They did nothing but complain about living there and the staff just left us there and did not come back to check on us. We were not impressed.

Clint Dockery

Hello, my name is Bridget Parks and I am the Executive Director of Grand Villa of Delray East. I am very sorry to hear that your experience wasn’t pleasant. Grand Villa works very hard to ensure a relaxing environment, with fun activities, & delicious food for all our residents. We would like the opportunity to have you re-tour our community anytime. Please feel free to give me a call.
Thank you for your feed back regarding our community.

Friend Doing Well In This Community

The last time I spoke with my friend she was doing well here in this community. She sounded good, and upbeat. She hasn't had any problems since her move to this community. She is safe, and in good hands. The staff is taking good care of her, and her needs. The only issue she has is she would like for the room to be bigger. Other than that issue all is well for my friend in this community.

Mom's Care

I like knowing that my mom does like this care at this community. The staff is caring and we like that they keep me informed on her progress. The menu offers a lot of healthy meals. We like that the staff keeps her active as much as possible. We would recommend this community for the care of other families

Very nice place. Staff and residents friendly. Needed a little updating, but warm and homey. Affordable.

Grand Villa East ooks better than it actually is

Before Gretchen in sales sells you a bill of goods, make sure you check the licenses of the nursing care there. The nurses are great but unfortunately they are limited on the care they can provide.Wound care is not allowed to be attended to by the nurses there. The aides are the problem.I also don't like to complain, but waiting for aides to take care of your Mother during times when help is needed promptly they prefer to be on their cell phones .Its clean, maintenance is great and dining is very good as well,but if you expect exceptional care on a daily basis, even just routine checking in on her, good luck. Also watch out for billing.The first month there, they accidently took $10,000 out of my Moms account. They are understaffed and it shows.

Clint Dockery

Hello my name is Bridget Parks and I am the new Executive Director at Grand Villa of Delray East. I am sorry that you feel we did not live up to your expectations. I have reviewed the contracts and services and feel the paperwork is very detailed regarding the levels of care that we provide.
We appreciate your comments regarding the positive aspects of the building. In order for us to assist you with any concerns you have, please feel free to contact me for a meeting. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I am looking forward to hearing from you.

A Place for Mom Was Great with All The Help They Provided Me With

So far things are working in a pretty positive direction for me with my move to this community. I do have some concerns about the things they promised me before I moved into the community. The owner of the community is very kind, and he listened to my issues. He is going to do his best to make sure they get resolved. A place for mom was very helpful every step of the way. I would recommend contacting them if you need some help with your search.

I never thought we could find a place a great as Grand Villa East
[Removed] are wonderful

I think this community is a perfect fit for my mother in law. Gretchen was very professional in her presentation, and offered the most help above and beyond what her community offered. They are at the top of our list currently.

Liked What I Saw

The experience I had while touring was good. My guide was on time and ready to show me all they have to offer. The community was nice and clean as we walked through the place. When I mentioned the age of my brother they told me he was too young for the community requirements.

Mom is Doing Great

My mother is doing very well here at this community. It is a very nice place, and I'am satisfied with all they have done for us.

Definitely the right decision

After settling my Mom into Grand Villa East, my friends and family came to visit. Everyone is amazed how immaculate it is and how clean and cozy her room is. They were all worried until they saw it. We've eaten with her sometimes and have found the food to be exceptional and Mom loves it. There were a few hiccups in the beginning with scheduling meds, housekeeping and shower days, but the staff and nurses made sure everything was straightened out asap. I thank God she was here during the hurricane scare. She had a severe stomach problem that morning but there were nurses and aides available. It was a hard decision to move my Mom, but I am very happy I found Grand Villa East.

Needs Updating !!

The staff that gave my loved one and I our tour was very kind and gave us a warm welcome upon arrival. The studios where spacious but needed some updating throughout the bedroom. I also felt that the lobby and dinning room could use some renovations.

Depends On The Person

Everything was lovely and beautiful and elegant. It seems like a fancy hotel. The residents and staff were very nice. I think it depends on the people who are viewing or going to live there if it fits for them.

ONE OF MY FAVORITES

Walk on Water Team

The staff at Grand Villa Delray East are a true team. Many times I see Nurses, Managers, and clerical staff walking around the community interacting with the residents, pouring them coffee, stopping to chat with them in the dining room. Even the ED will stop to bus a table or take a resident from their room to an activity. They definitely walk on water when it comes to the residents and really care about them!

A Place For Mom Recommendation

Our call was answered by an extremely knowledgable and caring individual. We were given information that we wouldn't have been told if we struck out on our own. We toured several facilities and finally selected Grand Villa of Delray East. The facility is very nice and the staff are very nice; however, the dining staff needs some training and attention to detail.

It Has Been Very Good

My father-in-law is now residing at this community, the move-in was simple and comfortable. The staff are respectful, friendly, and nice. The staff also assist in shaving, bathing, and everything that is necessary. The food is good and the community is very clean in and out. The provide lots of activities and my father-in-law has participated in a few already. I would recommend this community, it been very good so far.

Almost 4 years ago Mom was living alone in Brooklyn, NY. We decided that it was time for her to make the move to an Assisted Living Facility in Florida, because that is where we lived. Truth be told, she did not want to go. We looked at a number of facilities from Boca to West Palm Beach and decided on the facility that is now Grand Villa East. Mom said that she would stay for 3 weeks at most. It has been close to 4 years and she now calls Grand Villa East "my home". The facility is extremely clean. The staff is very courteous and knowledgeable. She has a lovely 1 bedroom apartment and enjoys 3 wonderful meals a day. She spends her times doing activities, listening to lectures and enjoying the entertainment provided weekly. She is very happy there and that makes us very happy. We would recommend it highly.

Five Star GVE

Grand Villa East is a five star Assisted Living Community that Looks Like Home and Feels Like Family. We excell in the Care for our residents and their Safety. If it was time for my family members to move into a Assisted Living environment, Grand Villa East would be the place I would choose.

Love this Place. Everybody so Happy😀😀 & wonderfull every time I come. Defiantly a place for my Mom.

In Delray Beach, Grand Villa is in a great location, has a wonderful, caring staff who shows great care for their residents. My Mother has been here for a year anda half, we have all had our ups and downs along the way, but we have grown closer, worked out issues and made Grand Villa a much better place than it was a yr and half ago. The staff is so friendly and offer great skill to handle the issues that come up. We have been very pleased and after moving my Mother over 1,500 miles to a place called we now call home since the day she moved in! You will not find another place as warm and loving.

Grand villa going a terrific job with its residents no complaints from us

They love to have nice and fun parties at Grand Villa.

I would like to thank Grand Villa East for taking such Great care of my Mom. The staff at Grand Villa is just like a extended family. God Bless you all. You are True Angels .

Not sure what to think

I have not written a review for GV East since I first put my mother in there. My review at that time was good, but since visiting there recently, the facility is going downhill. It seems like the right arm doesn't know what the left one is doing with most of the staff. The administrator and business office play around alot from what I can see and do not seem to take the facility or their terrible problems seriously. I am going to write John the owner on my feeling. I pray things change for the sake of the residents that reside there.

They Get It

Now this place is really beautiful and the staff very caring and appreciative that people come there to live. They seem to "get it", when it comes to customer service. From the person who cleans up to the person who runs the house, they are all out there orking eveyday to make the people who live there happy, nobody sits around.

Great team

These. Folks worked super hard to help my Mom return from a rehab stay recently.
They never give up on their people!

The managers are there all hours including the weekend and if you need anything the Executive Director gives my mom her personal cell number and my mom just calls her!

All Is Good at GVE

Having our mother- mother in law at GVE has been a wonderful experience. We know that she is taken care of even if we are not at the facility. The staff is kind, efficient and caring, and knows each resident by name. They respond to questions or problems very promptly. Sarah, who will be 99 at the end of August, loves Linda Horvath, the Resident Manager and is always made to feel special.

We have had only a positive experience with GVE.

Memory Care beyond Compare

We love this place Jennifer in activitiesin their memory care is the bext!

A whole person again

The building is clean and well maintained. The staf is friendly and responsive. The Director is approachable and accessible. The community dining is good and plenty of it! We are happy that our friend moved from her condo where she was bored and lonely to a place where she can be active and independent. She used to sit in the apartment and a can of soup was her dinner. Now she is a whole person again!

Looked like a nice place

We visited this community when we were looking into senior living options for a loved one. I thought this seemed like a very nice place overall, and it was definitely somewhere we were considering as an option.

Very nice place, and delicious food!

I'm very pleased with the job they have done so far at Grand Villa of Delray. The staff are all wonderful people, the facility and the individual rooms are lovely, and they take great care of the people who live here. My loved one really seems to be enjoying the food, and has gained some weight since moving in! I really can't find a single thing to complain about!

Review of Grand Villa of Delray East Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Delray Beach, FL

In renovation throughout premises. Old and run down. Hard to picture what will be. It definately wasn't anywhere I would move a love one currently. I asked about their west location and she called over for me to have tour following visiting East. Waiting List anyway.

it is too early for a overal rating b...

it is too early for a overal rating but
so far it has been pretty good but there have been some slip ups on executing the p-3 level care I am paying for. Kathy and Marguerite have been very good but the followin through needs too be better on the helper end. Maqbey you can let them know the follow through is the important part

Great Choice

When I relocated my sister to Grand Villa East her furniture was not going to arrive for over a week. They set up her apartment with everything she needed, bed, linen, tables, chairs, lamps, etc. It was done willingly and attractively for as long as she needed it. They are in the midst of a major
renovation process and they are making every effort that the residents are disturbed as little as possible. The staff is friendly and helpful. The only thing that I could say negatively is the lack of activities, but hopefully that will change as the renovation is completed.
As an aside I was going to move her to a Homewood Residence and when I went to the closing they had a number of items that were additional to the tune of $1500.00 per month.
At that point I walked away and went to Grand Villa , I am glad that I made the move for her.
Thank you "A Place For Mom " and Amy Gaskin for your help

Healthier and happy!

My mom is staying at the Grand Villa of Delray East. My sisters and I are so thankful for the care they have given to my mom. She used to stay at home alone most of the time,wake up at odd hours,eat the wrong food etc. Now she is cared for,has friends,gets the right nutritional value when eating,gets her medication exactly when needed. They just do it all and she is sooo happy. We all live in New York and miss her but the end result is she is healthier and happy .. We can't wait to visit her and the staff of the Grand Villa of Delray EAST.

Everything looks fine.

Everything looks fine. We think it’s terrific. Our loved ones seem very happy. We haven’t had any issues with parking. The food is okay. The staff is very friendly. The community is very clean. It’s just a decent place to be.

Love the Place

First I noticed the nurse's office carpet needed cleaning and today I noticed they were cleaning it! Don't blame the nurses they do a great job and I'm sure the residents do their best, but things just seem to drop to the floor.
Food was very good. No reason to complain about that!
As far as activities go my friend needs extra care when it comes to activities, she has always been very active but of late she has not been going to exercise because she can't hear or see very well now and it is hard for her to follow. Perhaps an assistant might be necessary for those who can't hear or see too well. Just a suggestion. When you can't see to read the menu then it is difficult to see what you are being served and it is easy to say just bring me something. But the waitress are busy and don't have the time to read the menu to everyone I'm sure. Maybe something could be done for the hard of hearing maybe a large printed menu for the poor eye sighted, copied and distributed. Great job other wise.

Marvelous!

We couldn't be happier with this place, from A-Z everything has been perfect! They got back to us right away and have been great about communication! The director is always willing to speak with us and address our concerns. The staff are outstanding, they're always smiling and helpful, and they keep the place looking so clean. Even when my brother drops in unexpectedly the level of quality is the same, so it isn't something they only bring out for guests! When we toured we had residents come up to us and recommend it, and now that we've used it I would recommend it to anyone!

Memory unit was a horror sh...

Memory unit was a horror show--very depressing. It sorely needed renovation and I would hope never to go there again, even if it were the only place available. The apartments we saw were nice and renovated. But the majority of the common areas including the restaurant will be undergoing major renovation over the next 18 months. Too messy and too noisy--renovations were a promise--did not see them begun. Staff was very helpful.

It was awful!

It smelled, and the residents were all lined up in the lobby in their chairs like it was the receptionist's job to watch them. I got in the car and drove away crying. It was awful!

Grand Villa of Delray East

My Mom lives there for 1 year. I could not be happier with the facility or the lovely people who run the Grand Villa. Very nice activities, kept clean and up to date with appointments and meds.
The food is plentiful and the dining room is run lovely for people with such varied diets.

Current Ranking = #2 choice...

Current Ranking = #2 choice. Facility is clean and staff is very nice. Downside, they are about to start renovations for a 6 to 9 month period. We are still considering this as an option for my mother, however they have had a recent resident drowning. Put some doubt in our minds about facility management.

My mom and I have already v...

My mom and I have already visited here.. Definitely a consideration.

Very Happy

My mom is there, it is just fine. They have bingo, movies, card games, they go shopping and to the flea market. They do a lot! The food is excellent, we ate there ourselves and we just loved it. We are very happy with Grand Villa.

Major Rennovation

They were going to be going through a major overhaul and renovation and I didn't want my parents there for that. Other than that they seemed okay.

Broken Promises

It's not been a good experience. They say a lot of stuff but they don't deliver on it. It's been a very frustrating experience. They don't call back when they say they're going to. They promised that my mother would be involved with activities all day and there have been times when people come and she's sleeping in the middle of the day. These are big oops as far as I'm concerned. When I was there she was seated with somebody who didn't really talk to her and I asked them to correct this, to move her near someone she could interact with. They did it for one day and then she was back to sitting with this woman who was really depressing.

My mom moved and on the third and so ...

My mom moved and on the third and so far, so good. She's still getting aclimated but there are always people to help you. I'm busy with work and can't be at her beck and call so we had to choose a community and they are taking good care of her so far. I have no complaints.

lovely property

lovely property - inside and out, nicest units, good location, pools. Renovating - AL & IL @ W, memory care @ E, new mgmt., homemade food, mdcd diversion. visited W

Welcome to Grand Villa of Delray Beach East Assisted Living and Alzheimer's Residence in Delray Beach, Florida. We're glad you're here! We are excited to show you all the wonderful features and amenities of our East Delray Beach senior living community. As you explore our web site, we think you'll discover how Assisted Living at Grand Villa can help you get the most out of life!

Grand Villa of Delray Beach East was designed specifically for Assisted Living. Its spacious apartments are inside a community filled with thoughtful services and generous amenities. Lifestyle options include a continuum of care to provide peace of mind now, and also in the future should a resident's needs change. In our private, exit controlled Memory Care Neighborhood, we provide services for those residents with memory challenges such as Alzheimer’s or dementia.

Grand Villa Assisted Living blends a vibrant independent lifestyle with the comfort of knowing you have extra support and care if you need it. Our residents are busy with their Grand Villa friends and neighbors enjoying the many social events and activities we offer. As you learn more about us, you soon realize that what makes our community special and unique is that we believe every resident is a respected member of our family.

Grand Villa is a home, a community, and a family. Our goal is to provide an enriching experience for every resident. We are committed to integrity, reliability and excellence. Thank you for considering Grand Villa Senior Living. We hope you choose to join our family.