Somerby of Mount Pleasant - Mount Pleasant, SC

This was a nice tour for my mom's care .We like the staff and the clean community. The menu was appealing and we liked that the community was clean. They did not have the care that we wanted. Families should consider a tour of this community.

Great to work with!

My loved one is doing very well since her move to Somerby. I would recommend this community because the place is very clean and the staff has been working with me to make it a good experience for my loved one. I have no complaints.

Healthy Meals provided!!

I am overall pleased with everything this community has provided my loved one. My father seems to feel comfortable and safe in his new living environment and is enjoying the company of the residents that live there. They also do a great job at providing healthy and well balanced meals throughout the day for the residents.

Everything is great!

The staff here are very nice and super pleasant. In the words of my mom she said that she picked here because the people struck her as just being super happy. The food is excellent and the activities are great.

Great place to be!

Wonderful place! Wonderful people! Love Somerby's of Mt Pleasent!

I was totally impressed. I felt like I was at a resort. The staff was so friendly and the facility bright, cheery, and clean. I thought the fee structure was very reasonable when compared to what I am paying at a basic assisted living facility. The memory care unit staff and planned activities surpassed my expectations. My only negative is that it is further from my home than what I want but, if this is the best place for my mother, then I will just need to learn to work around that issue.

A sense of comfort in a difficult decision

Excellent facility. It is extremely clean and very well maintained. The staff is very sincere and genuine and puts your mind at ease that they will do everything necessary to help your loved one adjust to the new environment. It is a very sociable environment with other residents. They are very quick to approach a new resident and make them feel at ease.
One thing I saw that was very touching was one of the staff accompanying two residents to a meal. She was holding their hands and they were all laughing and totally engrossed in conversation.
In her first few minutes, Mom was invited to play Bingo as well as several other activities. One of our biggest concerns was the ability to draw Mom out and help her return to her old self. She had become bored and withdrawn at home.
The selection of Somerby was very easy when you consider each of the key issues and weigh the cost versus the value received.
My entire family is totally at peace with the decision and Mom seems to smile more.

they genuinely care

I think that Somerby is really a beautiful place. It's really pretty, they take care of everyone. They seem to genuinely care. They know that it's a difficult situation, and they go above and beyond in helping make the transition as smooth and delightful as possible.

Review of Somerby of Mount Pleasant Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Mount Pleasant, SC

An absolutely WONDERFUL place...5 stars! Even the chef introduced himself to us! All the employees and residents we met were 'SMILING'! A very happy & well managed place! Both my husband & I were extremely impressed! We could live there...maybe a place similar in the Dade City/Tampa, FL area?

Nice place, overall

So far we like it here, the food is good, the staff have been very friendly, and the building itself is clean and well kept. The biggest problem we've had is that Comcast is the only option for TV service, and it is much more expensive than what we were paying previously. That was a big added expense that we weren't expecting! Otherwise everything has been very nice.

They are doing an excellent job.

They are doing an excellent job. We are very happy with the service there.

Somerby at Mt. Pleasant - the Best !

I had contacted "A Place for Mom" when I was trying to decide whether to leave my mother in Palm Bay, Florida or move her to Mt. Pleasant, SC (my home). "A Place for Mom" had 4 facilities from Mt. Pleasant and 4 from Palm Bay contact me. After researching each one, I decided to move her to Somerby. I wanted her close to me and Somerby is not only a beautiful, well-managed facility with everything to offer that my mother needs, it is 3/4 mile from my home! I could not be more pleased with the accommodations or the staff. I would definitely recommend this facility to anyone who wants the assurance that a loved one will be well cared for, and cared about.

Very nice but not for the truly independent

My parents moved to an Independent Living apartment in Somerby of Mount Pleasant soon after it opened and there were perhaps 50 residents. My dad was only able to manage the demands of Independent Living with my mom's assistance and passed away after 2 1/2 years. He missed his home of 50+ years but realized that he needed to be in a more accommodating environment and enjoyed living at Somerby. Mom still lives in the same apartment, enjoying many of the planned activities, classes and outings as well as spontaneous games and social activities with other residents. She, and I as a visitor, think the staff are mostly caring and considerate with some far exceeding expectations. The restaurant's friendly, personalized service and varied, high quality food make dining a pleasure. An issue I have is that many of the incoming Independent Living residents are not really that independent. Many use walkers or motorized chairs and don't participate in activities. I would like my mom to have more neighbors who can keep up with, even challenge her in activities. Also, rental rates for new residents and lease renewals seem to be arbitrarily determined.