Ashley River Plantation - Charleston, SC

Alzheimer's Patients

My grandfather was diagnosed with Alzheimer's for years when my family decided to place him in a nursing home. At first glance, it seemed like a very well kept and organized nursing home, but my mother and I quickly noticed the decline in my grandfather's character. He was once very cheery and lively, always loving to walk around; however, the workers at this nursing home constantly medicated him to "calm him." My family was not able to visit him everyday, but over the course of a couple months my grandfather became very reserved and sullen.

My grandfather had Alzheimer's for over a decade and had the same character while living at home, but just a few short months at this nursing home and he became a different person. I DO NOT recommend this nursing home, especially if your loved one is diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

Five Star Reviews

As the Executive Director at Ashley River Plantation it is our goal to exceed expectations for all our residents, families and guests. Our memory care services in particular are specially designed to enhance engagement and quality of life for all of our residents, and was sorry to read you didn't feel this was your grandfather's experience. The Bridge to Rediscovery Alzheimer's care program is personalized for each resident, leveraging their strengths in building a foundation of learning and success. Please contact me at the community as I would like to hear more about your grandfather and I don't know when he lived with us.

Very Good Care

My mom is doing very well at this community, they have been providing the care that she needs. The staff are attentive and friendly always. The staff do an excellent job at keeping the community clean. My mom also enjoys her meals 100%.

Respite Care is great medicine for full-time caregivers.

Our first-time experience with Ashley River Plantation has been first class in every way. Our family member has been staying there for three weeks in respite care so that we full-time caregivers could take a break for a trip.

We had a wonderful time because there was no worrying about the level of attention our loved one was enjoying while we were away. Respite care is the only way full-time caregivers can give their best. We come back refreshed and ready to be the very best we can be. Ashley River Plantation is our respite care provider of choice.

Thank you!

Toured

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. We ended up selecting another community a bit closer to home, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

A Lovely Facility

A lovely homelike facility, Ashley River Plantation has offered our family member an engaging community. Having a Memory Care Unit was very important to my husband and I as his mother had Moderate Dementia. She was able to bring her small dog there as well, however, with her use of a walker, taking care of her dog has become a burden. As active as this Activity Director makes the calendar, my mother-in-law does not take full advantage of the fun! She receives her medicines on time daily which is really appreciated. We no longer worry about her safety and know she is eating three good meals a day, which she wasn't doing when living alone.

poor quality

Most of the employees in the memory care do not care about the residents. It shows in the way that most of them treat them.

Love It!

I found Ashley River Plantation through A Place for Mom. I was looking for a residential living situation for my older sister who had begun having some memory issues. She is SO happy living there. The staff is caring, kind, and offers the direction she needs on day-to-day living. She loves it there; so I love it as well. Everyone I've come in contact with has been friendly and very helpful.

I loved Ashley River Planta...

I loved Ashley River Plantation as well. Karen was wonderful; she answered all my questions over and above what I expected. The facility was beautiful and I was very impressed. We just made a choice to have Mom closer in proximity to where we will live. We most likely would have chosen Ashley River had it been closer to where we are moving. I highly recommend Ashley River Plantation.

Super place!

I can't say enough about this great community. The staff is simply wonderful. They have bent over backwards to see to it that my sister is welcomed, involved, cared for and cared about. The communication with and from them is exemplary. If you are looking for a residence for your loved one, you have certainly found it!

This is a strong possibility.

This is a strong possibility.

Parents Look Well

It is fine, the people are nice. They are doing what they are supposed to. My mother and father both live there, and they are in memory care together. They have a very large room. From my experiences looking at other facilities, it is very difficult to find places that accommodate a husband and wife. They have two full beds and a dresser and a love seat. Right outside their room is the dining room. I have been very pleased with the general care that they have gotten.They get good basic care, and the staff is very respectful of our requests. They handle any issues very quickly. Both of my parents look well. Their skin looks well. The food is very healthy. My entire family recently visited for the first time and they all said that they thought Ashley River Plantation was an excellent facility. I can't say enough positive about the staff who treat my parents as if they were their own parents.

Didn't like the location

I liked it but I didn't like the area of town it was in. It was in a neighborhood that I really didn't care for and I hate to be that way. It was probably the least favorite of the four that I visited because of the neighborhood, if they had picked it up and moved it it may have been a contender.

Overall really good

We chose Ashley River Plantation because we just felt it was the best fit for our loved one. Most of the staff is really outgoing and friendly but there is a few that really just aren’t as outgoing. The management is really outgoing and friendly. The therapy is excellent and most of the care managers are really good and you can just tell they have a passion for what they do, although there is a couple that just seemed like they are overwhelmed and seems like this type of jobs isn’t for them. Our loved one usually does not participate in many activities but ever since being here she tries to take part of as many as she can. We are very happy with our choice and would recommend it to anyone.

this is a very nice place,well kept,t...

this is a very nice place,well kept,the residents all seem happy,the food eas very good.think my mom might be happy here.

Choice of companion or private studio, one-and two- bedroom accommodations

Weekly housekeeping and laundry

All utilities except for telephone

Delicious, well balanced meals, three times per day

Snacks available around the clock

Care staff on duty 24 hours per day

Emergency Call System

Assistance with daily living activities(dressing, bathing, grooming, etc)

Full time licensed nurse

Scheduled transportation for physicians visits, activities, and shopping

Extensive array of activity/program offerings with events seven days a week

Specialized Seasons Program for Memory Care