Brand new and very clean

My Mom lived here briefly. The facility was excellent. It looked clean and was brand new when she moved in. In fact, they had just finished building it. She didn’t like the food though. There weren’t many options to choose from and the service was slow. The room she had was decently sized and had a balcony off the side, which I thought was nice. The pricing was reasonable, but overall the location just wasn’t ideal.

Room for family

We toured this community. We were not happy with the set time of the meals that are served. It did not have the feeling that we were looking for. We did not like the rooms and they need major improvemnts. The restrooms were very small. We would not recommend this community and they need alot of improvemtns. The meals also need alot of improvments. We would recommend that families tour this community for thecare of a loved one.

Disappointed

Definitely issues with staffing. There is a constant turn over of staff and The Oaks is overall understaffed. Food service is quite a process taking up to and at times more than 1 1/2 hours for each meal, and they are unwilling to genuinely explore options such as an eating window instead of a set time, or a buffet line for those who would like to eat and be on their way. The cleaning and maintenance staff are also enlisted as food servers. The resident laundry rooms are mostly occupied by the cleaning staff washing bedding during the day. Seems like they need a utility laundry room for the staff separate from the resident laundry. Parking is also an issue. More spaces are needed for residents, staff, visitors, as well as home health care workers. I'm very disappointed and not surprised my father is ready to purchase another home and move out.

staff shortage

They seem to have a problem keeping staff for the lunches and dinners at The Oaks. I think they need to vacuum the carpet a lot more than they do. Since my mom has been there I haven't seen them vacuum once. Other than that the people at this facility are great and everything is going well. I just think they have a staff shortage at this facility.

they are really magnificent

The only things that concerns me is security. There is no gate and anybody can come in and out. Mom locks her door, but it's still easy access.

Other than that, they are really magnificent. They may be a little shorthanded, but everyone pitches in with a very positive attitude. Their activity director is very good and involved. The atmosphere is very nice, and the place is very clean and well kept.

My mother is very happy there. She is one of the youngest there, and she just enjoys it immensely. The overall experience for me and her has just been wonderful. I would highly recommend it, and have recommended it to others.

My parents are really enjoying the Oaks. There are a lot of activities for them to do. The Oaks takes the residents to the store and doctors appointments. The management staff is very helpful and easy to find. I would highly recommend the Oaks. My mother and father inlaw moved to the Oaks from a different independent living center and they like it better. The oaks is much more affordable than some of the others and they seem to care about each and every resident.

My friend lives here, and she likes it so far.

My friend lives here, and she likes it so far. I think it was a good move. She is happy with it, and doesn't have any major complaints. It seems to be a very nice place, clean, and with friendly staff.