Great Experience at The Oaks

I recently moved my elderly mother to Texas from Arizona. [Name removed] and [Name removed] at The Oaks made this a very smooth and easy transition. I was able to set up a tour with them the very same day that I called. The Oaks is very clean, the staff and residents are friendly, and there is a family atmosphere that makes the residents feel at home. Both couples that manage The Oaks live on site and are always willing to go the extra mile to make sure that you and your loved one have everything you could need in order to live as comfortably and independently as possible. I would definitely recommend The Oaks!

A Great Place For Mom

Mom says she feels like she's on vacation every day! It's a beautiful facility with delicious food and wonderful staff. We are thankful we found a place close to us that she enjoys.

The Oaks at Georgetown is Great!

My mom is in her late 90's and moved to The Oaks in Georgetown a few months ago. She was apprehensive about living in any type of facility, associating it with a nursing home environment. She absolutely loves The Oaks! All the staff personally have made her feel welcome, calling her by name, always speaking to her, and quickly learning all her preferences (i.e. coffee, desserts, etc.). The Oaks is always immaculate, bright, safe, and has a homey, cheerful feeling. She loves to go to the beautiful library with the comfortable chairs and double sided fireplace, as well as just downstairs for a weekly hair appointment at the on-site beauty shop, She also enjoys going out to the beautiful patio and garden and stopping to get soft-serve ice cream available 24/7! The meals are delicious! The available home health care staff have become like family to her. They are very good about contacting us about any concerns or issues affecting her. While Mom doesn't personally attend many of the activities, we see lots of fun going on during our visits, as a full schedule of activities exists.

Brand new and very clean

My Mom lived here briefly. The facility was excellent. It looked clean and was brand new when she moved in. In fact, they had just finished building it. She didn’t like the food though. There weren’t many options to choose from and the service was slow. The room she had was decently sized and had a balcony off the side, which I thought was nice. The pricing was reasonable, but overall the location just wasn’t ideal.

Room for family

We toured this community. We were not happy with the set time of the meals that are served. It did not have the feeling that we were looking for. We did not like the rooms and they need major improvemnts. The restrooms were very small. We would not recommend this community and they need alot of improvemtns. The meals also need alot of improvments. We would recommend that families tour this community for thecare of a loved one.

Disappointed

Definitely issues with staffing. There is a constant turn over of staff and The Oaks is overall understaffed. Food service is quite a process taking up to and at times more than 1 1/2 hours for each meal, and they are unwilling to genuinely explore options such as an eating window instead of a set time, or a buffet line for those who would like to eat and be on their way. The cleaning and maintenance staff are also enlisted as food servers. The resident laundry rooms are mostly occupied by the cleaning staff washing bedding during the day. Seems like they need a utility laundry room for the staff separate from the resident laundry. Parking is also an issue. More spaces are needed for residents, staff, visitors, as well as home health care workers. I'm very disappointed and not surprised my father is ready to purchase another home and move out.

staff shortage

They seem to have a problem keeping staff for the lunches and dinners at The Oaks. I think they need to vacuum the carpet a lot more than they do. Since my mom has been there I haven't seen them vacuum once. Other than that the people at this facility are great and everything is going well. I just think they have a staff shortage at this facility.

they are really magnificent

The only things that concerns me is security. There is no gate and anybody can come in and out. Mom locks her door, but it's still easy access.

Other than that, they are really magnificent. They may be a little shorthanded, but everyone pitches in with a very positive attitude. Their activity director is very good and involved. The atmosphere is very nice, and the place is very clean and well kept.

My mother is very happy there. She is one of the youngest there, and she just enjoys it immensely. The overall experience for me and her has just been wonderful. I would highly recommend it, and have recommended it to others.

My parents are really enjoying the Oaks. There are a lot of activities for them to do. The Oaks takes the residents to the store and doctors appointments. The management staff is very helpful and easy to find. I would highly recommend the Oaks. My mother and father inlaw moved to the Oaks from a different independent living center and they like it better. The oaks is much more affordable than some of the others and they seem to care about each and every resident.

My friend lives here, and she likes it so far.

My friend lives here, and she likes it so far. I think it was a good move. She is happy with it, and doesn't have any major complaints. It seems to be a very nice place, clean, and with friendly staff.