Parkwood Meadows - Round Rock, TX

Great location and facility. Rooms satisfactory, bot no cooking!

Friendly, clean atmosphere. Tucked back off main road, but easily accessible to shopping and restaurants. Active social calendar and no added costs for transportation, housekeeping, etc make this place very attractive! My first choice.

Dad likes it here

This community was a good fit for my dad. The management is awesome here. He has a 1bdrm with a patio and he is a gardner so he has started planting stuff. Also we put a bird feeder up and the deer come out to visit too. He get 3 great meals a day with good portions. They will also keep snacks out at all times. The only thing I would have to complain about is they allow smoking in the facility so it just smells like a big ashtray. I would recommend this community.

My visit was very pleasant. I had lunch, met with staff and residents, and toured the residential options. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. This is on my short list for options to consider.

Parkwood Meadows

Parkwood Meadows was very good to us. They seemed genuinely interested in us, and looked after my loved one’s interests when I wasn’t there or the family wasn’t around. The food was good, and even though he really didn’t have the chance to participate in any of the activities, they did have a lot going on to keep the residents engaged. I definitely appreciate the care they tool with my loved one, and I’d recommend Parkwood to others.

I'm loving this community

I checked out a few places and this one called my name. And I'm close to family. I've been meeting lots of friends so I'm fitting right in. They help coordinate rides for me when I need them. The food is OK I can choose something else if I wanted to. The caregivers are very friendly and helpful. It stays clean in here and they clean my apartment weekly. The grounds are beautiful. I would recommend this to my friends and family.

Very Nice

I toured this community and it was lovely. Also a good value for independent living. We needed assisted living for my dad at age 99. We had to chose another community. Very friendly and lots of great activities from which to choose.

Friend Is Doing Well Since Move Here

My friend is doing well since his move to this community. Everything is working out well, and I'am comfortable with her move here. This is a good, safe facility, and he is in good hands. They have a kind, helpful staff. They do a good job with the cleanliness around community. The experience is going well, and this is a community I would recommend.

Everything is great so far.

The staff at this community are really great and are doing a good job making sure my loved one has everything they need. The other residents are friendly. This seems to be an active community and the food is great. The community is well taken care of inside and out. I would recommend this community.

No kitchens and didn't like the AC units sticking off the wall.

She really likes it!!

So far, things are going well. I think they have done a great and my mother seems happy. She likes her apartment and the meals, she did mention that they have good choices. We have no complaints.

Things are going well so far

My parents seem to be happy with the food and daily activities they offer. The staff have been helpful and friendly. They keep the community clean and the administration is easy to get a hold of if you have any questions or concerns. I would recommend this community.

Mom Likes it Here

My mother is doing very well here at this community. I'am satisfied with her move to this community. Everything is working out very well. She has adjusted well to it, and really likes this community. The staff is very helpful, and friendly. There are tons of activities offered daily for the residents. She is very pleased with the meals. It has really been a good experience for us at this community, and I would recommend it.

Great community!

Parkwood Meadows is a very nice place and the staff is wonderful. My mom really enjoys it here. The food is wonderful and it's very clean. They have done their best to assist with my mother's memory care. It's been a positive experience and I would recommend them.

Needs to be fixed up!

The Parkwood Meadows was in transition when we toured and needed new staff as well as cleaning up. I didn't even go back or took mom back for another tour because the community needs a lot of attention

Pleasant Tour

We had a good tour of this community. Everything looked great, they do a good job with the cleanliness of the facility. All the staff was kind, and helpful. All our questions were answered. They were also very information. It was a pretty nice experience, everything went well.

The tour was very good and the guide was very nice and knew all the details about the property and its pricing. The facility and the park like grounds presented a very pleasant and homey environment.
The facility is 10 years old and is a little dated, but clean, inide and out I saw a studio and a one bedroom apartment. Both had kitchenettes only. The only appliance was a full size refrigerator. No microwave, stove, cooktop, or dishwasher There were two washers and two dryers in a community area that could only be used at night by residents. They are reserved for housekeepers use during the day. Meals were served only at 8:00am, 11:30am, and 6:00pm. However, it is a very lovely property.

I prefer to have my own washer and dryer and also, to eat at open or staggered mealtimes. Last but not least, there are no garages or covered parking.

Nice place, great activities

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Parkwood Meadows. It's a clean, well kept facility, and everyone seems very friendly. I think their weekly activity schedules has had a huge impact on helping Mom get settled and feel involved, they do a great job with the activities!

They can be accommodating.

They had some problems in the dining room. The staff seemed uncomfortable about doing anything without asking. It felt like there was someone with control over the dining room. I did not receive one item I requested as a substitute and they took the entire plate back and it took a while for it to be returned. I signed a lease for one unit and I received a different one. The staff are really nice and the place is lovely.

Needs Better Meals!!

The transitioning to the community has been a little hard for my mother. It helps that the care staff that are around are very nice and have great communication. My mother has been participating in some activities, so it's good to know that she likes them. The meals could use better taste and there could be more variety offered.

Lovely Community, I had A Pleasant Tour of It

I was very impressed with my tour of this community. Everything looked great, and you can tell they do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. The staff was kind and friendly. They were also informative and answered my questions. Everything went very well, and this was one of my top picks. Budget was an important factor, and their rates were too expensive for my mother's budget. Overall it is a lovely community, and my tour went well.

Good Tour, A Pretty Nice Community

It has a pretty fair tour of this community. From what I saw everything appeared to be nice and clean. This community provides both assisted and independent living. If she was to need more care later on down road, she has to move to another part of the community. I wasn't very comfortable with that. It was a nice tour, but not the place for my mother and her needs.

This community did not work out for us!!

The common areas of this community were clean, however they seemed short staffed and the residents rooms did not get cleaned weekly. The entire staff are nice. The food has a lot of celery in it and some of the residents are not able to eat it. We spent more money buying him food. They offer a lot of sweets for breakfast. I would recommend this community but make sure you check on dietary restrictions.

The cleanliness of the community and parking lot struck me when I first arrived!!

The food at Parkwood Meadows is good and they offer lots of choices. The Manager George is accommodating and a real class act. The staff are nice and helpful. Dad has not yet participated in any of the activities but he has made numerous friends. There is a great group of residents and I would recommend this community. Thanks to A Place for Mom for their assistance in finding this community.

Thanks for your help, Great people to work with. Helpful in all areas. Look forward to living at Parkwood. Great Food.

Very excited about this transition.

Mom and Dad are still trying to settle in but things are really good so far! The place is nice and clean and the food is excellent! The staff are so nice and friendly and George has been great from the start! I am really excited for my parents and know that making this decision will definitely relive Mom of some duties! I know that with time it will continue to get better and better!

Review of Parkwood Meadows - Round Rock, TX

My parents were not interested in this facility due to the fact that it does not have complete kitchens and the location is a problem due to planned construction in that area.

Holiday Retirement

We thank you for the feedback, as it helps us improve our community.

However, a low-star review over our community being a bad fit over the kitchen or construction lowers our overall rating that we work hard to keep high. Would you be willing to reconsider the one-star review?

Best wishes finding the right community for your parents, and again, thank you for the feedback.

Filled with tobacco fumes!

I had to move out when they allowed the resident across the hall from me to smoke in her apartment. Fumes from her smoke filled my apartment and with my breathing difficulties I suffered severe respiratory distress. My health required that I vacate my apartment immediately. The Parkwood Meadows management's attitude was "tough luck" for you.

Anyone with significant respiratory difficulties should avoid Parkwood Meadows since tobacco fumes permeate the entire facility.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office First, I'm so very sorry to hear that your experience at Parkwood Meadows was a negative one. I'm even sorrier to hear that you feel as if your concerns were completely dismissed by Parkwood management - we never want any of our residents to feel that way, so I'm escalating your feedback to our Resident Relations department for their review. Although you're no longer a resident, please know that you're still welcome to call them at [removed] if you have anything else to add.

Katie

The staff is friendly and the facility is clean

They are allowing people to smoke inside the facility, so it makes it difficult for people that have issues with breathing. They only charge people $50 a month to be able to smoke inside their room and I just do not think it is safe for those on oxygen or breathing issues. The staff is friendly and the facility is clean (except for the smell of smoke in the carpet and walls).

A bright, open, cheery community.

My Mom loved this place as we had visited several others places. It was bright, open, with a warm friendly feeling. She loves the art work on the walls, which makes her feel good as she is walking down the hallway.
This is the first time she has ever lived in an apartment and actually transitioned fairly quickly. Every resident we had talked to raved about how much they love this place and the longer Mom is there, the more she is feeling the same.
The managers are very attentive and caring making Mom feel a part of the community.

This is a good Facility

This is a good facility . My mother is thriving there. I like the fact that it is bright and airy. The staff is nice. This community has had a lot of changes in the last month. The people here have been very good. This is a great place. I would recommend it to anyone looking for an assisted living community in Round Rock, TX. I am very pleased with Parkwood Meadows and my mother is doing great at this facility.

good place for mom

They have been very friendly, and very understanding. Parkwood Meadows has turned out to be a great solution for us. It really feels like home. It is a really good place for mom.

This is a very nice place. It's beautiful when you drive up.

This was one of the places that we looked at when we were searching. This is a very nice place. It's beautiful when you drive up. The people were all very friendly. This is a two or three story building and that was daunting to my loved one. I would have chosen it for myself, but it wasn't a good fit for this search.

A very comforting place!

This is a really nice caring place. The managers are friendly and kind and seem very interested in the welfare of the people who live there.

It is well kept, clean and inviting. Very open-atmosphere and inviting. I am happy with this provider.

Parkwood Meadows is a great place to live.

My mother-in-law was in a similar residence a few years ago and loved it. I'm sure she'll be happy at Parkwood Meadows. The staff is very helpful and friendly, the food is very good and there are activities every day. The location is perfect for shopping or eating out.

The residence is clean and attractive, while being very functional.

Wish we'd found it sooner

My loved one loves the community and wishes she’d moved there when she first moved to town – she would have saved a lot of money. There has been a bit of turn over. The washing machines are only available during certain times – not during the week.

Parkwood is the best!

Couldn't ask for better!

They’re awesome!

They’re awesome! They brought her dinner the other day when she wasn’t feeling good. About the activities, she’s digging it and having a blast~

I recommend Parkwood Meadows! She loves it.

There is plenty of outdoor areas where she can go and walk. She says the food is good and she’s picky

We visited this place and they were kind of uppity.

We visited this place and they were kind of uppity. One of the workers gave one of the residents a side hug and someone said, "that wasn't very appropriate." I don't want to be anywhere where hugs are looked down on, who doesn't like a hug.

I visited it on the 6th, no...

I visited it on the 6th, not the 5th. Lots of natural light; wide hallways. Residents seemed engaged with each other at lunch time. Liked the floor plans offered the best. However, I can't see my mom living in any of the three places visited. It's not the facilities; it's mom.

This is a older place, che...

This is a older place, check it out closer in - in Round rock, but stores right across the street - do not have to get on a main road. Apts

Extremely Pleased with Parkwood Meadows!!!

We are very pleased with it! My mother-in-law gets home health and she uses the visiting doctor and I'm really impressed with him. He's as good as any doctor I've seen for the elderly. He got her on the right thyroid medication and b12. Immediately started having more energy. Yesterday she called and she said she started exercise. She loved Dancing with the Stars and she just asked me what channel that was on so she could watch it. That was huge because before she wasn't remembering that at all.

She loves the food but what I'm seeing, more than anything else is she's healthier, happier, and more active. We're extremely pleased. They go out of their way to make sure we have everything we need. They do much more than I expected. They welcomed her in and took care of her. They couldn't be any more friendly.

The things that home health that does not cover, they've got a lady there that you can pay to do them It's very reasonable too. She reminds her to take her medication and puts on her support hoes. She's almost like a friend and she's honest as the day is long. She had an opportunity to get extra money from us ad she did not do it. We are extremely pleased with that lady and Parkwood Meadows overall. She loves her apartment. They painted and redid everything before she got there - new flooring and they redid the bathroom. It could not be any cleaner and then of course they have housekeeping once a week.

Nice People

It turned out that it wasn't a good fit for my grandmother but that's not necessarily through any fault of Parkwood Meadows. She was not eating and all the meals are provided so we were paying for that. She was not taking her medicine either. We are in the process of moving her but it's not because we didn't like the place it. She just needs more care. Everybody was really nice there and we liked the place.

No Full Kitchen

The apartments only had a fridge, microwave and sink, and my mom likes to tinker in the kitchen, so this wasn't really an option. They were smaller, and it was a lot older. it was right by the railroad tracks so it was extremely loud. It was walking distance from a lot of different shopping options, but that didn't make up for the fact that it didn't have a kitchen. The residents didn't seem engaged. We observed a meal, and none of the residents were talking.

Very Nice, but Not Quite Right

It was nice, but it wasn't the same as the one we ended up choosing. It had a different layout and grounds. It was newer, and it didn't have any outside grounds. We have a little dog, and there wouldn't have been a good place to walk him. It was good food, the director was fine and the people were very nice. We hated that we stayed here for a week and then decided to choose a different community. We chose another Holiday though, and the people were very gracious about it.

Very Uneven

At first the place was lovely. My mother-in-law's room was nice and bright. The staff was friendly and helpful. Then managers changed. Apartments were not well-cleaned (we wrote our names in the dust; when I asked about dusting I was told the cleaners wouldn't move any personal items). Nothing was moved to vacuum and the same bits of paper or popcorn would be left for weeks. Managers no longer liked the "old folks" sitting in the lobby area because they dozed off. They became hyper-critical. We were originally told my MIL could "age in place" but as she needed more assistance the managers became more critical and called the family every time there was any problem. It is an independent living facility but they really seem to want very active, younger seniors only.

The food was okay but not great. It varied depending on the staff. The chef who was there originally made excellent fresh baked goods but then he left. One big problem is lack of staff--the housekeeping staff is also the serving staff much of the time. Everyone eats at the same time so the wait can be lengthy for food service.

There is no real activity director. Most of the activities were provided by the home health providers so they were frequently cancelled. There were few outside trips other than to the weekly Walmart runs.

As a final blow, we left a bag of stuff for Goodwill in the apartment when we were moving my MIL to another facility. When we returned to get it, management had told the cleaning staff that the apartment had been vacated and the items were removed--a week before the end of the lease and before we had turned in the keys. Thank goodness there was nothing of value.

No individual laundry facil...

No individual laundry facilities. No accessible transportation van. Good floor plans but low-end finishes. No stove, no diswasher, no microwave. Expected each for independent living.

This is our second choice f...

This is our second choice for Mom, simply because it is significantly further from our neighborhood. We felt very safe and the community is well cared for. Danielle answered all of our questions and concerns.

Mackenzi was the difference maker

They really provide those services that make people at this age happy. The have a van for transportation to different areas, there is doctors in the area for the residents as well. The managers live on site and really make it to where problems are fixed very fast and efficiently. During meal time every runs smoothly. They allow pets into their community. They just offer so many amenities for the residents. The staff is sincere and very caring. They seem to really care about the residents. The ground level apartments have small patios. Mackenzi the marketing consultant was really the difference maker when it came to choosing a community. She answered all out questions and really made it an easy choice.

Tour completed. Very nice facility, v...

Tour completed. Very nice facility, very congenial staff. Large 1 bedroom apartments. 1 bedroom apartment roomy, well laid out, good flow. Nice kitchenette. Good closet space with nice sized ?linen? closet/storage.

My mom LOVED this place.

My mom LOVED this place.

Nice facility with some feeding probl...

Nice facility with some feeding problems according to residents. Staff very friendly, lovely grounds.

Located on several beautifully landscaped acres of grounds near the heart of Round Rock, you’ll love the comfort of our facilities and the warmth of our staff. Residents also appreciate the convenience of being just minutes from shopping, dining, healthcare and the sites of Austin.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind