Provident Crossings Retirement Resort - Round Rock, TX

Great location and had moxt of the items we desire. Problem with no memory care and with our dog.

The place was amazing. It really is like a cruise ship inside. It was a good idea to bring my mother. She really liked it. It fit with her specific needs. We are going to look at others to make sure its the right place.

A Lot of Amenities, but not a Cozy Community

We toured here, and to be honest, we didn't get a good feeling just driving through the parking lot. They had more amenities than some other places we visited, but it did not have the homey, comfortable quality we were looking for. They had a lot of activities, two dining rooms, and washers and dryers in the apartments, but the community seemed darker and the people weren't near as friendly as what we were hoping for.

High turnover rate

My Mom was here for a couple of years. The staff, to me, was very distant. The managers were nice, and they knew my Mom, but it was so big that she wasn’t able to get to know a lot of the staff personally. They changed managers a couple of different times as well, so the turnover of the staff was high. She wasn’t happy with the food, though they had plenty of options available. They had a few different activities available like happy hours, bingo, and cards. The building was fairly new, so it looked very clean and nice. I was impressed with the actual facility but it unfortunately didn’t fit my Mom’s needs anymore. I would recommend this place if your loved one is looking for independent living.

I am Happy here

This community is great. Everything is good. They offer free limited cable and internet. There is plenty of parking. The security is good and the doors lock. My apartment was clean and nice when I moved in. The space is adequate but more closet space would be nice.The management is responsive and approachable. The building is clean. They have a resident committee that works with the staff to schedule activities. They have an exercise room and pool is nicely kept up. The grounds are lovely it has a fire pit out there that people sit out and enjoy. I would recommend this place.

Saved The Best For Last

I intentionally saved this community to be toured last because I knew this was going to be the best fit but I wanted my parents to see others before making their mind up. Mom and Dad love this community it is like living in a lavish resort. The community is beautiful very well kept and clean. The staff is wonderful very friendly and happy. Mom and Dad are doing activities and going to social events. Surprising enough they love the food. Everything from beginning to end has been such a positive experience and I would highly recommend this community to anyone.

Nice Place!!

I have no complaints of how things had went during my tour I had taken of this community for my loved one. The staff where great to work with and did a great job with the presentation. They where on time to our appointment and even offered us a meal to try during our visit. They had a great floor plan with lots of great amenities for the residents to enjoy. It was just not the right fit for us in the end decision but I would recommend it to anyone.

Very nice. Best price. Wish it had a pool and a certified PT doing excercise classes but overall a great community.

Care for my mom

I am happy with the care that my mom is getting in this community. The staff are very nice and are always attentive to her needs. The community is clean and she is enjoying the healthy meals that are provided. My mom is offer the activities that are offered to the other residents. We would highly recommend this community for the great care and the value for other families for good care.

We love it here!

We are very happy with our move to Provident Crossing Retirement Resort. The facility is clean and maintained well, housekeeping does a very good job. They provide 3 meals a day and the food is great. They cater to everyone's needs and are good with my gluten free diet. The staff is caring and helpful, it has been a good experience.

Father's Good Care

This is a nice community. The staff is outstanding and caring. The food is very good and a nice variety. They offer my father activities with the other residents. We would recommend this nice community for the good care and the value to other families.

This is a outstanding community for my mom. The staff are very nice and attentive. The community is clean and they are very accomidating. The meals are wonderful and a great variety. The activities are the very top Open dining time. The room are wonderful and she is happy with everything in this community. We highly recommend this community for the wonderful care and value for families

Pleased with Our Stay

We are having a great time here at this community. It is a loving place, and we are very pleased with all they have done for us. They have helped us improved, and we will be returning home soon. They have lovely staff. They are really helpful, and nice. If needed we would return to this community, and I would recommend it. It is a very nice facility.

I dropped in unannounced and [Removed] was available to take me on a tour and it's a beautiful resort style facility. My son and I were both impressed. The facility has everything one could want except tubs. They had showers with a bench in them for sitting on. There were also no garages or covered parking.

A great place with care.

I am happy with the care that my brother is getting here. The staff is very caring helpful. The food does need a little improvement in a few areas, sometimes cold and not always sure what it is. We are happy with the activities that are offered. They do everything to help you. They are accommodating in every way. I recommend the community for other families

new resident

I reviewed and visited 10 independent living facilities in the Austin area and selected Provident Crossings based on the services offered and the positive attitude of staff. I am joyfully anticipating my move next week.

I liked this community!!

The staff is nice at this community. The food is fine. They offer a large variety of activities. The location was not a good fit for me. They kept the community clean and well maintained.

Don't Believe Them

We were residents at PC for two years = at which time the home office, Resort Lifestyle Communities, hired a live-in
couple as managers. Both husband and wife were heavy smokers. Our lease which stated it was a non-smoking community was totally ignored, and the managers kept smoking in their apartment. Due to my oxygen use and other medical conditions, we were forced to move. These people present themselves as pious, caring, loving people-
both locally and at the headquarters level. Take it with a
grain of salt! It doesn't matter what your lease says, they will do what they please.

Great place. We have no complaints. Friendly staff.

Provident Crossing

I have lived here at Providence Crossing for about two months. I find the place to be very clean and they even come and clean your apartment once a week. The food is good and they have a large variety of items for you to choose from plus the salad bar. There are lots of activities for you to choose from and participate in if you wish, but is not mandatory. The facilities are nice and they have a gym with exercise equipment. I find it to be a little bit pricey but everything is pricey these days.

Outstanding

I moved here from another Round Rock "gracious retirement community" and Provident Crossings is outstanding in all respects. I needed to move since I have respiratory problems and my previous community started moving in smokers who were allowed to smoke in their room and stink up the place with smoke fumes. That turned out to be a blessing for me since I moved to Provident, a Designated Smoke Free Facility.

Just like a cruise ship--without the beach

Mom, and the the rest of the family, are impressed with Provident Crossings. Mom moved from Colorado, so she did not see her apartment before moving in. She was surprised at the size of her apartment. All of her bedroom furniture fit--two large dressers, two night stands, and a queen size bed. Plus she has a large walk-in closet. She also loves the open kitchen/living room. With room for five large chairs, plus the two chairs in the dinette, the entire family can be seated. The one-car garage has also come in handy. The food is great. The entire family likes to join in for Sunday brunch. When mom walks into the dining room for breakfast, the cook immediately starts making her egg white omelette with veggies, and the staff brings her hot tea (with a straw). She says it truly is like a cruise ship. Hard to catch her in her room these days: bingo, horse races, volley ball, baseball (she hit three home runs yesterday), and of course, there is that 150-seat theater. Best of all, mom likes how friendly everyone is--staff and residents. Bob and Sue (resident managers) are doing a great job. Definitely worth the money.

We like Provident Crossing very much, but decided on another facility because of its nearness to our daughter's home in Austin.

Issues

My love one has lived a private crossing for over two years. Although the building is lovely and well appointed as are the apartments the facility is billed as a non-smoking property which in fact it is not. Also the food is less then palatable and in my opinion lacking in overall quality. Meals are served buffet style not served to your table. This property has a history of management turnover which I think is lacking for the continuity of the overall quality of this facility. New managers are on board and promising to make the food better etc. this is a very pricey community I would love to see my loved one move to a better price facility with better food and no smoking

It was very nice and we really liked it.

We toured here when we were looking for a place. It was very nice and we really liked it. It was just too expensive for what we could afford. It was clean, and everyone was friendly. It looked like a good place.

Modern, clean, bright. Cam...

Modern, clean, bright. Camille did a very good sales job. Obviously, this one will be a contender.

Great community for mom!

Great community, our experiences there have been wonderful so far. My parent chose a mid size apartment with no balcony. The apartment is very large and really seems like home because even though all meals are included, the apartment has a large kitchen. The kitchen has granite tops and nicer finishes than I expected. The maid service is working well. The food service is better too than I expected. The waiters do a good job as well. Lovely lovely place, with nice high-end touches, it does remind you of a cruise ship, which is fun. Hopefully service stays same.

I would recommend without hesitation.

Too soon to truly evaluate

Have not lived here long enough for a true evaluation but the residents are friendly and have nothing negative to say about the place.

Stacie the manager gave me ...

Stacie the manager gave me the tour. Very nice luxurious Senior Community. Everyone was cordial. I love the fountain in the lobby, having a library,sitting area on each floor and conversation rooms. I love the freestyle dining over food credits you have to use or lose during the month,flat fees for guest meals,roomservice if you are not feeling well. I love the two bedroom apartment and found a one bedroom apartment that will work for me priced within my budget.

$3330/mo to $4300/mo

$3330/mo to $4300/mo

We really liked how the rooms were designed.

This was one that we were considering, it was in the top two. We really liked how the rooms were designed. In the end they didn't offer the higher level of care and we didn't want to have to make more moves.

Provident Crossing is AWESOME

My mother loves it at Provident Crossing! The staff are awesome! She has already made friends and really enjoys the activities.
She has gained weight (she needed too) since she arrived. She brags about the food. I can't tell how relieved and greatful I am to Senior Advisor and the staff at Provident Crossing for giving a life back to my mother.

Resort - like it 2 - 3 day ...

Resort - like it 2 - 3 day pass available gains / gattis school rd - good location to 45 and might like better - not so close - can't say

Very Nice, but Not for Us

This is a new place, and the setting is very luxurious. Very big apartments, but they were over $300 more a month than the place that we ended up choosing. They don't have a pool. At meal time people were sitting and not talking. They were just staring at each other. We didn't see anyone being active.

Good Community

It seems like they are one of the more expensive communities in the area. Our loved one doesn’t participate in many activities but the ones they currently are involved in they really like. I would recommend this community to anyone.

Beautiful facility. Great l...

Beautiful facility. Great location near shopping & soon to be Scott & White clinic. Excellent floor plans. Quality finishes. Nice residents. Provided excellent information.

Near RRISD. laundry in apt...

Near RRISD. laundry in apt, $4900 with open eating. All the bells and whistles.

Resort - like it 2 - 3 day ...

Quickie tour after meeting. Brand ne...

Quickie tour after meeting. Brand new facility with only 16% occupancy. Nice assortment fo room options. Middle price range of $4500/mo with a $550 extra person charge. Did not sample any food other than before meeting cookies and coffee. Dining facilties looked good with 24 hour food service available. Built to to dup;icate a criuse ship. No medical care or facilities.

This facility is almost a year old an...

This facility is almost a year old and beautiful. I loved everything about it, from the 1st floor cruise-like feel with shops on each side including a bank, salon, fitness center, etc to the dining room with buffet or sit-down dining. The rooms were very nice although they put too much of the space in the kitchens which encroached on the living area. The bathrooms were great with a large seat and detachable spray showerhead. Closet space was good and there is space for your own washer & dryer. In our case, my aunt sold her W&D, but there is a great laundry room on 2nd & 3rd floors. The movie theatre was to die for. I would hesitate to move in there myself and it did look like a younger group of individuals were there as well as much older. What can I say, it was awesome, but the price wasn't. The smallest 1 bedroom was approx $2900 while a little big larger 1 bedroom was around $3200. They require the equivalent of 1 month's rent down along with your 1st month although he did say they would work with you on that. That's a hefty amount. There is shopping across the street and Grimes seems to be a slow traffic road during thet day. Really a beautiful facility. Just wish the price was a little cheaper.

Provident Crossings is the Austin areas newest independent living community. Come see how you enjoy life in our elegant and luxurious adult (over 55) community. We’re the perfect choice for independent people who are looking for security, comfort, convenience and a friendly atmosphere in the place you call home. The variety of activities under one roof offers choices for an exciting lifestyle and the time to experience them all. We offer even more choices with Freedom Dining; you select casual or fine dining each day.

We take the worry out of your everyday life and replace it with comfort, fun, independence, security and friends. Enjoy exciting amenities 24/7 with a professional staff and on-site managers. Play cards, shoot pool, jump in the spa tub, and enjoy live entertainment in the 150-seat theatre. We have cookouts on the patio (which boasts a built-in grill), or fine dining w/ wait staff, you can even grab a snack or a latte from the Bistro.

Provident Crossings has an Arts & Crafts room, a Man Cave dedicated to the guys, a walking path and numerous programs geared for gentlemen and ladies alike.

Round Rock, Texas, is considered one of the fastest-growing communities in the nation. This small city is located in Williamson County, with a small part of it falling in the Travis County area. With a population of about 108,959, this city is ranked seventh on the list of the best small cities to live in America. Round Rock is located approximately 20 miles north of downtown Austin. This small town is 12th on the list of best places to retire because of its low crime rate and its bustling downtown area filled with an array of shopping and eating establishments.

City Information

Walk score in zip code 78664 for Round Rock is 51. Most errands can be accomplished on foot.

Average weather information: Round Rock has hot, humid summers and very mild winters with less than 1 inch of snowfall. The average highest temperature is in the month of July at 95 degrees, while the average lowest temperature is in January at around 38 degrees. Round Rock receives an average of 35 inches of rainfall annually, putting it in the classification of a subtropical climate.

Senior population: Five percent of the population of Round Rock, Texas, is seniors, with about 1300 still a part of the workforce.

Transportation

Round Rock offers several options for transportation, from buses to taxi services. This city allows residents and visitors to easily travel within the city of Round Rock or from Round Rock to the fast-paced life of the Austin Metroplex and surrounding areas.

- Buses: Capital Metro now provides bus service to and within the city of Round Rock and Interurban bus service from CARTS' Bowman Road Station in Round Rock to Georgetown, Taylor, Hutto, Austin and San Marcos.

- Taxis: Ace Taxi and 10/10 Taxi

- Ride shares: Capital Metro RideShare Program

Health and Safety

Public safety and being close to medical facilities is important when raising a family or when retired and living alone. Knowing that emergency help is close by brings peace of mind.

- Hospitals: St. David's Round Rock Medical Center, Cornerstone Hospital Austin - Round Rock, Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Round Rock

- Crime rate: Round Rock has been ranked one of the safest U.S. cities of those that have a population of 100,000 or more. A 2014 survey of city residents showed that 93 percent feel very safe in this small city.

Sports and Leisure

Round Rock has proclaimed itself the ""Sports Capital of Texas."" It is the home of a minor league baseball team called the Round Rock Express. This town has a lot of team spirit and pride. Round Rock has opened a free public skate park. The city is also home to a professionally designed disc golf course, numerous softball and baseball fields, and an Aquatic Center.

- Golf courses: Wells Branch Disc Golf course, The Golf Driving Range of Round Rock

- Gyms: Anytime Fitness

- Senior citizen centers: Round Rock Senior Center, Allen R. Baca Center

Shopping and Entertainment

Round Rock is known for its many shops and dining establishments. Downtown Round Rock has a rich legendary western history. The area is full of walkable entertainment, shopping and dining. This fun-filled area is a place to enjoy time with family and friends.

- Shopping: Cristales - The Boutique, Maru's Boutique, JC Penny, Divas Fashion, MX

- Grocery stores: Randalls, H-E-B

- Restaurants: Buffalo Wings and Rings, Quinoa Grill, Wendy's, Dominoes and Taco Bell

- Movie theaters: Flix Brewhouse

- Events: Fall Fun Festival, Christmas Family Night 2017, Daddy Daughter Dance “ 'Boots and Bling'

Religious Facilities

Round Rock has many places to choose from for spiritual growth and well-being. With many denominations and beliefs covered, it has a place of worship for just about anyone.

- Religious facilities: Saint William Catholic Church, Round Rock Christian Church, Journey of Faith United Methodist Church, First Baptist Church