The Mitchell House of Powell - Powell, OH has yet not published prices.

The biggest difference between the Mitchell House and the larger facility that we brought my husband from is the attention. I would recommend the Mitchell House to other families and friends. As a matter of fact we have!

We moved my mother into the Mitchell House about 14 months ago. She came from a large, commercial care facility. Dad was not given the care that we felt she needed. Thank goodness we found the Mitchell House. It is a wonderful, homey, caring place that our family feels comfortable in.

My father is in the late stages of Alzheimer’s. I placed him in a facility but as his condition worsened. I was asked to remove him from that place. I moved dad into the Mitchell House and we love it. I can go my time and see my dad and be welcomed. The caregivers are wonderful.

I was actually excited to find a place that was like home for my husband with lewy bodies’ disease. Even when I was there it felt like home. The staff was more patient with him than I was. They treated him like he was a family member.

The Mitchell House is unique in that its small and truly residential. A lot of the larger assisted living claim that they are residential, but this is small enough that it makes people think they are in their home.

My mom had the most wonderful experience here. We had been through several difficult experiences at various facilities, and her care was always unsatisfactory. When we came to [Removed] house, we found great care and a wonderful staff. What an amazing place!

The Mitchell House got my family and I through a very difficult time as my mother stayed there. I would refer them to anyone if need of this type of care.

My sister lived in the Mitchell House of Powell and this was a place that my entire family loved and were comfortable with actually walking away from her without any fears. This is a home – her home – and she was extremely happy.

genuine care

My dad had Alzheimer for eight years prior to The Mitchell House of Powell. I always wanted him to be in a nice place. He was only at The Mitchell House of Powell for about three weeks before he passed, but during that time they were very kind and accommodating. They treated me very nice and were great to dad. They have still been contacting me since his death to see how I am doing, so it shows that they really genuinely care. The caregivers were very kind. They say they have 24 hour care, and they do. Other places I have noticed say that really don't.

horrible place

Saw a resident [removed] and then get in the fridge and open a ton of food touching everything. GROSS HOPEFULLY [removed] WASNT DIRTY IF THAT MAKES IT BETTER. They say the care ratio is 5 residents to two but when there is no cooks, janitors, activity therapists the two people dont have any time left to give that care u are paying so much for. At least at a big nursing home the stna is just reaponsible for caring for ur grandma there they are too busy cleaning the house and preparing the meals to actually help anyone. Then you are paying 200 dollars a day to stay there and they will give ur grandpa burnt cheap frozen I am sorry when the dudes wife saw them trying to make him eat birnt pizzza for dinner the manager becky [removed] who doesnt even have medical training of any kind tolf them he could have pears for dinner just pears thats all four food groups!!!!!! Also the workers have to supply holiday dinners because the supposedly christian owner wont provide xmas dinnerr. Did u know people in prison at least get xmas dinner but not the mitchell house. Also he is going to tell u about his mother and how she would of loved it there its so not true he wouldnt of let her be treated that way becky [removed] the manager might actually ground ur pop pop to his room for not taking a shower so if u want ur pop pop to not have any respect in his old age take him here

The Mitchell House of Powell closed in 2016 and relocated its dementia care services to The Mitchell House of Westerville.