The Meridian at Lake San Marcos - San Marcos, CA

• Outside Patio Garden
  • On-site physical therapy
  • Free Assessment
  • hospice care assistance
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Free Wifi
  • 3 Balanced Meals and Snacks Per Day
  • Recreational & Social Activities
  • 100+ years combined experience caring for seniors
  • Nutritious snacks available throughout the day
  • Personalized care plans
  • Bathing, Grooming, Hygiene
  • Grocery Shopping / Errands
  • Medication Reminders

Review of Meridian At Lake San Marcos

We just moved my parents here a few weeks ago and wanted to let everyone here know what a wonderful place it is. My parents LOVE the food and tell us how nice the staff is. My kids have joined us several times too and also really enjoy the food. We are so thankful or everyone here and all the amenities offered. My parents this the food is like Michelin 3- star restaurant.

Review of The Meridian

The staff here is outstanding in there friendliness and willingness to help. Another outstanding feature is the availability of activities, courses, and outings.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, we are so happy to read such a great review about The Meridian at Lake San Marcos! If you have any questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

Review of The Meridian

I have been living here for a year and the residents to be very friendly. The help are very caring for the most part, Everyone was very caring when my husband passed away.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review, your opinion is very important to us. We are very proud of our community and support staff. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website, [removed] Please feel free to contact with any and all questions, [removed].

Review of The Meridian

I've been here for 4 1/2 years and enjoy my lifestyle. Good food, lots of entertainment, lovely apts, and friendly people.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

Review of The Meridian

Food and meals are great, an excellent caring staff

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! We appreciate the kind words and agree with you! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents, and it shows. Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you and your family. We are always more than happy to assist you if anything comes up.

Good service

I love my apartment

Review of The Meridian

Overall excellent. Staff is was above average. Courteous and very helpful. Bar service excellent! Apartments are very well thought out and planned

Pacifica Senior Living

Did tour this facility and it was very nice. However, we didn't feel comfortable with the concept that any dementia diagnosis immediately put them in the ALZ unit.....

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to The Meridian at Lake San Marcos! If you have any further questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

Staff is helpful and supportive

I have been very happy here. The staff were all so helpful when my husband was here with me and so supportive when he died. My apartment is always kept clean and my laundry is always folded or hung on hangers.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your detailed positive review Liela. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at The Meridian at Lake San Marcos. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and look forward to seeing you again soon!

We are happy with this community

All aspects seem to be moving along pretty well. We have been at The Meridian 1 and a half year and we are both very happy here. There are many activities to participate in and meet with other residents. On a whole, all the employees are friendly, helpful and do a good job. We will happily recommend The Meridian to anybody that might be considering!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your detailed positive review Robert & Virginia. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at The Meridian at Lake San Marcos. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Safe community! Dinning needs improvements.

In our independent Living Community, we feel quite safe, secure, and happy. We've made some really nice friends. Our housekeeper is prompt and does a fine job. We still try to maintain "independent" lives so do not participate in all activities - just the ones that our schedule allows and we enjoy them. Several of us are trying to work for improvements in the dinning room: manners, accuracy of servers and menu- currently it is not 5 star dinning - but we all hope it improves!

Pacifica Senior Living

Love our view and the Meridian

My husband and I moved into a brand new 2 bed 2 bath 4 years ago. We love our view and the Meridian. Staff is kind and always helpful. Lost my husband 4 month ago, but i have no intention of leaving. The food is not always perfect, but as long as I don't have to cook, I don't mind! Plus chef [name removed] always listens! Biggest complaint is that the carpet- Hallway needs replacing.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your detailed positive review Irene. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at The Meridian at Lake San Marcos. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, and we are very happy to hear that you are still happy here with us. Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

I would recommend this community

I think this place is very nice- Not perfect- but nice. The workers are all very nice, too, but quite a bit of turn over perhaps the workers aren't all that satisfied with their jobs?? The food is exceptional - excellent chef. The maintenance is handled by the dear, sweetest young man. I really like our new director [name removed]. I'm not very special, and tend to have depression occasionally, but I would defiantly recommend to live in this community.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you Beverly, we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident and their families, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at The Meridian at Lake San Marcos. We hope to be of service to you again in the future.
Best wishes,
The Meridian at Lake San Marcos

love the gym

1. I like my apartment very much
2. Don't like noise from roof
3. Love the exercise room very much
4. Don't like NOT having rules for exercise room.
5. General maintenance on building could be better

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you Gene, we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident and their families, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at The Meridian at Lake San Marcos. We will pass along your comments to the team and work on your suggestion points.

excellent

Excellent! Courteous, Prompt, dedicated. a real help every week.

Great community!

I have lived here 6 months and am very happy - with the facility, the activities, the staff and new friends I have made. My Apartment is ideal and the meals are delicious! The beautiful weather and being close to family are bonuses.

Pacifica Senior Living

Leah, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience at The Meridian at Lake San Marcos. If you have any further questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

Review of Meridian At San Marcos

I have lived in this area for 39 years but moved to Meridian San Marcos over a half years ago. I'm very happy living here.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hello, we really appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service to everyone! Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

Review of The Meridian At Lake San Marcos

With regard to the community our buildings our isolated by steep hills on three sides. We can walk along one side near a lake. The lake itself is closed off for a larger community which doesn't want non-members to have access to walk on the lake side. They allow a church to have a service at 10:00 o'clock, but the gates are closed at 12:00. We do little shopping in the community When we stop using our car, we would have to use the transportation the meridian supplies.

Pacifica Senior Living

We appreciate all reviews, and appreciate you giving us the chance to improve by providing us with this feedback. We would like to have a better understanding about your experience. Please reach out to us at [removed] at your earliest convenience.

Gerald Young

My wife and I have lived in the Meridian upscale rental facility for 9 months. We like the quiet apartments, quick maintenance and the pleasant, helpful employees. You don't need a car, because transportation is provided for most essential shopping and medical needs. We are told that there is an annual rental increase of 4%. We are satisfied with these facilities and willingly share our opinions with friends - we have no real complaints and have a positive opinion about living here.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at The Meridian at Lake San Marcos! Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

Review of The Meridian At Lake San Marcos

I am generally happy @ the Meridian. I have a few suggestions, I would like to discuss with [named removed] Executive Director. I have lived in both Independent + Assisted Living for the past 4 years so I've seen good plus not so good. I'm happy with the friends I've made here+ with the activities I participate in .

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at The Meridian at Lake San Marcos! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

Review of Meridian At San Marcos

At the beginning independent residents had all help needed. We had pendents but only if we paid for them. They would have no response. Ever if we are here because we are seniors whatever need we have to call ourselves all. After 8 pm there is no service. For whatever need we have. The Meridian could be great if the owners would spend a little more money to give us the service we need and deserve for the money we pay. The reason I am still here is because my family lives in San Marcos, otherwise I would move.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied. Our manager would really like to speak with you more regarding this matter. Please reach out to us at [removed]. We look forward to hearing from you.

Have lived here 4 1/2 years and it is not living up to "fine dining & Luxury living" the food definitely needs improving!

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied. We appreciate you bringing this experience to our attention. If you are willing, please contact us at [removed] so we can work towards a resolution. We look forward to hearing from you.

Beautiful community!

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, we really appreciate your positive review!

It was good enough that we are moving in !!!!!

Pacifica Senior Living

This is great! We are thrilled to hear this and thank you for sharing your experience! Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day! Please let us know if we can be helpful to you.

Review of The Meridian at Lake San Marcos - San Marcos, CA

Beautiful & well-maintained community. Kind of community that I would move my mom in, as well as myself.

The Meridian at Lake San Marcos - San Marcos, CA

[They] are accommodating as possible.

Review of The Meridian at Lake San Marcos - San Marcos, CA

The community is gorgeous & the food is delicious. The people who work there are so friendly and helpful.

The people who live there looked so happy! There was a car show (vintage) and music and cocktails.
Retirement looks great to me! Highly recommend this community!

Thanks!

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to The Meridian at Lake San Marcos! Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

Review of The Meridian at Lake San Marcos - San Marcos, CA

I am the patient care coordinator for [removed]. I have been coming to this facility since it has opened, and I have to say this is the best facility in the area. The staff has been extremely helpful & courteous.

Everyone I have worked with has been very professional. [removed] in Memory Care is very helpful and great to work with.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you so much for the positive review and for your loyalty!

Review of The Meridian at Lake San Marcos - San Marcos, CA

Very good compared to the current competitions we visited, Meridian has more amenities to offer. Courteous & positive staff; as were [the] fellow [residents]. most of the residents are having a great time & friendly atmosphere.
I enjoy my stay here since.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at The Meridian at Lake San Marcos. We're happy we could meet your expectations!

Review of The Meridian at Lake San Marcos - San Marcos, CA

They are [an] amazing community. Would recommend to anyone.

[removed]

Pacifica Senior Living

[A] Beautiful community supporting Independent, Assisted & Memory for seniors to age in place in [an] elegant & peaceful setting. Caring staff.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, we're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations! Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

Review of The Meridian at Lake San Marcos - San Marcos, CA

Beautiful community! Excellent CARE!

We have had clients at the community and worked closely with the line staff and management. Always a pleasure. I would refer my own mom or dad!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents, and it shows. Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns. Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

Review of The Meridian at Lake San Marcos - San Marcos, CA

I have been coming to the Meridian since they opened and I love coming here because the staff in the assisted living like [removed] and [removed] are very helpful and professional. Our clinicians also love to come here. This is the best facility in the area.

Pacifica Senior Living

Wow, we're glad you had such a wonderful experience with us! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can do for you. Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

Review of The Meridian at Lake San Marcos - San Marcos, CA

This community is by far an incredible property/residential community! It is staffed & managed by wonderful/helpful/caring professionals and the residents are seemingly happy and active. The buildings/landscaping/decor/details are immaculate! It comes as no surprise that the Meridian is a highly sought out/desirable community to be a part of.

Review of The Meridian at Lake San Marcos - San Marcos, CA

Wonderful community. My father enjoys the meals, activities and size of his room. Very comfortable here and feels safe. Quiet community.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it & hope to see you again! Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

Review of The Meridian at Lake San Marcos - San Marcos, CA

I enjoy living in the Meridian and keeping busy and active.
The food is good. The staff is pleasant.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, we are very happy we could provide you with a positive experience! We look forward to your next visit! Take care!

Here to stay.

Pacifica Senior Living

Glad to hear it! We are thrilled to have you here! Hope that you have a wonderful day!

Review of The Meridian at Lake San Marcos - San Marcos, CA

The people here are friendly and really care for us.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hello, thank you for the high star rating! Feel free to reach out to us if you need anything. Have a wonderful day.

Beautiful place to live!

Great staff!
Gorgeous community!

Review of Meridian in San Marcos CA

I think your community is wonderful!

Pacifica Senior Living

We think that you are wonderful! Thank you for sharing your 5 star positive review! We appreciate it!

Review for Meridian San Marcos

Great leadership team! Communication is a plus. The staff is always happy & pleasant.
We do monthly weights to assist the Meridian team and residents are always pleasant - which says a lot to us.
Go Meridian

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you so much for the positive 5 star review! We appreciate it and hope that you have a wonderful day!

Review on Meridian San Marcos California

The Meridian is wonderful and provides such great care and services to their residents. They're a pleasure to work with and I like to refer whenever the opportunity is available.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you so much for your high rating! We appreciate your referrals! Thank you again, we hope that you have a wonderful day.

Review of San Marcos Merdian

Many of the caregivers are very kind and capable; they give full measure.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you so much for the positive 4 star review! We appreciate it and will share your comments with our team.

Review of San Marcos Merdian

Many of the caregivers are very kind and capable; they give full measure.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at The Meridian at Lake San Marcos. We're happy we could meet your expectations!

Review of the Meridian San Marcos

First impression - tasteful decor
2nd impression - very friendly and happy staff.
Whilst talking to residents relaxing in lobby by the fireplace. I was made aware how comfortable they felt in the Meridian. They had made lots new friends, had lots to keep them occupied and were content in their new homes. I'm saving up to come here myself!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you so much for your positive review! We are very proud of our community and we are glad that you were able to enjoy it. We have a fantastic Executive Director and amazing support staff. Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

Review of Meridian San Marcos California

Many friendly people

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, we're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations!

Review of Meridian at San Marcos

People are very friendly and I am very happy here.

Pacifica Senior Living

We are so very pleased to hear this! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can do for you. Have a great day.

The Meridian At Lake San Marcos provides excellent care.

I was very happy and grateful when I found the Meridian at Lake San Marcos for my mother. The physical facility is reminiscent of a Tuscan resort hotel with a very impressive lobby (complete with a grand piano) and restaurant. The Meridian has four levels of care available, and the Transitions memory care section was the appropriate level for my mother's current physical and mental condition.
I am fortunate to be able to visit my mom daily and have come to know the staff quite well. They are caring and thoughtful, and seem to have deep reservoirs of patience when interacting with the residents. I highly recommend the Meridian for aging parents.

Pacifica Senior Living

We are so happy to hear this! Thank you for sharing your positive experience! We so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations! Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

Gorgeous place, nice people.

Pacifica Senior Living

I can’t wait to move here?

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We hope that you meant to use an exclamation point not a questions mark!?!?! Either way, thanks!!! We appreciate it!

We loved The Meridian at Lake San Marcos. When we told the doctor that is where my father-in-law will be going to, the doctor said the memory care would not benefit him. It was a wonderful place, we had a meal, and we had a few tour. They were totally accommodating each visit. It is a beautiful place and the tour was great.

It Has Been Good

My mother has been living at the community and I feel that she is safe there. The care has been good for her. She likes the meals they serve. They keep the community clean and it looks very nice.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review, your opinion is very important to us. We always love to receive great feedback. Thank you very much for sharing these comments.

My Mother Is Enjoying Her Time Here

This is a lovely community, everything is working out pretty well for my mother here. The community is well-kept, her room and the community look nice and well maintained. The staff is good, we did have some medication management issues. She is enjoying many of the activities they offer. Some of our family members tried the food and the meals are good. We know she is safe and getting good care. I would highly recommend this community.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community, we appreciate it. You really made our day today.

Parents were neglected in "Transitions" (assisted living) at The MERIDIAN

Very unhappy with the lack of accountability of management in this assisted living facility. My mom was in memory care and this place did the minimum where caregiving is concerned. They administered meds and made sure she went to meals but that's about it. She wore the same clothes for weeks. Her hair and nails were long and shaggy. Staff would not notice if she ran out of toothpaste or soap. My mother would have trouble breathing and it went unnoticed. It is VERY understaffed here. On top of that, I was billed for meds that were not ordered.

I brought my mother to assisted living at The Meridian because their brochure promises "weekly wellness checks". Not only does that not happen, the directors weren't even aware of it being promised.

Do not be fooled by the fancy lobby, exercise room and theater in the main building.
They are many assisted living options in north county San Diego. I suggest you look at them.

Hi Jonathan,
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. We take your comments seriously and wanted to let you know that we value our residents and families are constantly striving to make our community as enjoyable and comfortable as possible. We have a fantastic team and feel that we can provide exceptional care to our residents. We would like to discuss this situation at your earliest convince, can you please contact us at the community?

Happy at the Meridian

The staff as well as the residents are very helpful and friendly. The meals are tasteful and sufficient in portions.
We have not had the opportunity to participate in all the activities yet, but they appear to cover most everything one would want or need. We are glad we made the move to the Meridian at Lake San Marcos.

Pacifica Senior Living

We are so glad to hear this and we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this review. We are honored that you chose our community and we are thrilled to have you here.

RESPONCE

REVIEW
Meridian at Lake San Marcos is a great place. While any place can be better overall this is a wonderful place. I have read some negative reviews and would like to say the following: I have lived here for a year and a half and have seen steady improvement. Some people are unhappy. That expect or wish they had their own personal made,butler and caregiver. If that is what they want then they should expect to pay for it. If they want a great place and are willing to share caregivers with hundreds of others which means having some patience then The Meridian is a great place to pick. I have had caregivers get me up between 6:30-6::45 for about a half a year. I go to therapy and need to get up early. On the days I call my rush days I get served very promptly. If I have any problems the staff can't fix then Susan, the executive director will always help. This is not needed often as the staff can take care of most things. Getting old is no fun with anyone. Some people angel it better then others. When you leave your home and come to an assisted living place adjustments need to be made and you are not the king any longer but here at The Meridian they treat you like a Prince or Princess. There are many of us here and we need to learn how to share. A happy person at The Meridian at Lake San Marcos.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for you positive review Gene! We think you are super! Our unique community has so much to offer; from pool yoga, watching movies in our theater to luxury dining and wellness programs! With you there, we have it all!

Think Twice

Sorry, but I cannot recommend this place for someone requiring assisted living. Although the place is nice and the people always greet you with a smile, the actual care when it is needed is lacking. They provide an pendent to call for help when needed and they promise a response within a given amount of time. They have failed to assist my mom on two occasions. Had these been a life threatening emergency it would have been game over. They have a meal delivery service to the room that is absolutely unacceptable. The wait time is measured in hours and when it finally comes the majority of the time it is cold and not even what was ordered. It is just whatever is left over after the meals in the dinning room have been served. They have a wake up service that provides a phone call, but the last two times no call came. The list can go on and on so I will stop here. While you are in the sales meeting you are given promise after promise and they are all smiles. Once in you are kind of stuck and now you need to accept it or go through the hassle of finding another place. Think twice for signing up.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review, we are very sorry to hear that you feel this way. We would like the opportunity to discuss this further. Would you please contact us at the community?

The Meridian at Lake San Marcos

The review about the staff not caring must be a one time bad experience or a lie. I have lived here for over a year and expierenced the opposite. Every problem, and they have been few, was taking care of in a timely matter by a wonderful staff that cares a lot. I can only think the problem that was upsetting was a mis-communication. I would feel happy to recommend this place and the person that reads my recommendation will see me everyday and that is not worrisome at all to me. Every place is not perfect but The Meridian comes close. Older people complain lots of time when there is nothing to complain about. This is done by seeing or perceiving that is not there and I think this may be one of those times. Feel at ease in picking The Meridian as your final stop and you will be glad you did as the meals are wonderful and so is the staff.

We love you Gene!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your detailed review. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families. We are very proud of our community and memory care program. We have a fantastic Executive Director who fosters an atmosphere of acceptance and warmth. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

Over promise, under deliver caring services

I moved my 88 year old parents to this facility three months ago. I was attracted to the place because, like most of the other reviews, it is new, the physical facility is VERY nice looking, and the food in the main clubhouse was the best I have experienced in a place for seniors. My parents are i assisted living and are memory impaired. This place falls short in the areas of communication and service. There is no apparent system in place to let me know the health status of my parents. They both have high blood pressure but I was told they don't check it unless they see symptoms. Symptoms such as what, a stroke? In their sales brochure they promise weekly wellness checks but they don't have a system of letting me know what those wellness checks show. Because of this lack of accountability I feel like my parents are not being looked after very closely.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review, we want to let you know that we take your comments seriously and we are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. One of the things we pride ourselves on is our ability to successfully connect with everyone who walks through our doors and to take excellent care of our residents. We would welcome the opportunity to talk with you further regarding your experience and even re-schedule a return visit so that we can show you just how committed to all our residents and staff we really are. Please contact us at your earliest convenience.

Quite a pleasant community

family said that at this point the place overall is quiet pleasant, however they have not quite been fully helped at thus point. Said it was a nice facility, but could not give rating when they are so unsure, and still quite trying to take in all that they have been through.

We first moved Gig here in June, he thought he missed his old poker buddies at the previous place. But it may turn out we move him back to Meridian. Fabulous place.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review!

Totally disorganized

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We would like to speak more with you regarding your statement. Would you please call the office and ask for the Executive Director so we can understand more of what you mean?

The Meridian at Lake San Marcos is a ...

The Meridian at Lake San Marcos is a nice place. The caregivers are very attentive. The facility is clean, very awesome and fabulous. They provide good service overall.

Review of The Meridian at Lake San Marcos Alzheimer's / Memory Care in San Marcos, CA

EXCELLENT TOUR. I do need to bring my sister Joan to visit, as she is the one who will be living there. Thanks Brenda

First Year Review

Mom has lived there for over a year in independent living. Staff very nice and helpful, lots of great activities offered every day. Beautiful, new, upscale, clean and fun place. The price is reasonable compare to other similar facilities in San Diego. Her only complaint is with the food. Not as good as they profess.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate you taking the time to share you thoughts. We are very happy to hear that your mother is happy here and enjoying herself.
We recently hired a fantastic and creative new chef! We would love for you to give your opinion.

We also have a new Facebook page and posts updates and interesting information. Please feel free to reach out to us at any time, we are here to make you and your mother happy!

Pretty Good

I think it’s pretty good. They currently offer independent, assisted, and memory care. They were very accommodating. It’s a pretty nice place. The parking is fine. My mother likes the food well enough.

Lovely facility, quite upsc...

Lovely facility, quite upscale, but lacking warmth. Independent Living dining & common areas have much more appeal than Assisted Living facilities, and while told that 'sometimes' A.L. residents might be able to use the I.L. facilities, also told that this is subject to change once new A.L. Building opens. Food was fine, nothing exciting. All parking is underground and elevator accessible. No stoves in 'full' kitchens, and microwaves not provided.

Brand new. 93 Independent u...

Brand new. 93 Independent units. 109 Assisted. 45 Memory care. I saw Marbella Model and Calivera Studio Model. Have to walk outside to get to dining area in the Club House. No nursing stations. People wear pendents to push for help. Response team is supposed to be immediately. If want infor then have to go to receptionist at the desk in the clubhouse. Dining and units felt similar to being on a cruise. Had a pool. I just didn't care for it for some reason. Kinda of impersonal and uppity.

What a find!

I'm so glad that "A Place for Mom" helped me find The Meridian at Lake San Marcos! I did not know about it and it has turned out to exceed both mine and my mom's expectations.

Mom says she feels this is living "a normal living style" versus a typical retirement community. She thinks this is why the residents are so warm and friendly, let alone the terrific staff that learned her name immediately.

All of the family love coming to visit her and dine at their fantastic restaurant, where you have a wide selection of menu options and can eat any time the restaurant is open. And it's nice you can actually order a drink - that's really a classy retirement community!

The Meridian also turned out to be the best price of all the locations I researched (12 different facilities). It was also important to me that the "Independent Living" buildings were separate from "Assisted Living." At the Meridian, both are beautifully appointed and managed.

It's fine, for a completely independent living person, they are probably good.

It is a brand new building. Very nice, everything was very new, but they were barely opening up their assisted living when I went to tour it, and the grounds were just cement, no gardens or anything like that. Because they were new they didn't have any acts lined up yet. I didn't liked the grounds, they were not very serene. It was basically parking spaces. I think they were formerly condos or apartments that they were converting into a retirement community. It's fine, for a completely independent living person, they are probably good.

No complaints

The staff is friendly as are the other tenents. The food is excellent. We have only been here a week but it looks like we are going to enjoy it.

Too expensive!!! Would be ...

Too expensive!!! Would be about $7000 for both parents + $6000 admission fee ($3K ea.)

beautiful most likely too...

beautiful most likely too expensive but wow has independent

This is perfect!

This is perfect!

At The Meridian at Lake San Marcos, our staff is available 24-hours a day, seven days a week. Our nursing staff is committed to providing the best medical monitoring and care to each of our residents. We also utilize resources, such a physical therapy, and occupational therapy to ensure that your loved one receives the very best in senior care.

Daily life at The Meridian at Lake San Marcos allows residents to feel at home and enjoy companionship with neighbors who become good friends all in a family-like setting. This encourages social interactions and participation in daily activities. We offer clubs and groups for our residents to meet and interact with other residents with similar interests. Just as our programs are designed to provide support, stimulation, and education, our community is also designed to meet the daily need for social interactions, personal space and individualized support.

AMENITIES AVAILABLE