Sunrise At La Costa - Carlsbad, CA

The sales person is a bit interesting. It is very difficult for us to understand their "point" system. It seems like they are going to bill to what the insurance will pay. It felt more like a sales pitch than a caring visit. The property is very nice, and in a terrific area but we are choosing elsewhere.

Beautiful facility. A resident stays in the same room even as services increase. Only Wednesday medical day. Alcove room with services = $7,000/mo

This place is clearly at the top of the list

I did a lot of research and found Sunrise to be the very top of my list of facilities to tour and I was not disappointed. Several of my friends have placed their loved ones with Sunrise and were very happy with the services and loving care their parent received. The amenities are very well done and well appointed. It is a beautiful property, intimate, just the right ratio of staff and residents. The staff is exceptional. The price point is what I expected, further Sunrise offered the best community deposit rate. Sunrise offers both Assisted Living and Memory Care. They have a large variety of programs and outings for the residents. The menu options and food is very appealing, the food is quite good and they do make an effort to provide dishes and entrees that are pleasing to their residents and this age group. I did in fact place my parent at Sunrise. The suite my mother in law is in is quite spacious, each time I visit her, my parent's suite is immaculate. I always find her well coiffed and dressed to her personal standard of daily attire, she loves her bling. The staff is exceptional I am always greeted warmly and treated as if I am part of the family. A couple times a week, the facility will take the residents out on the bus for outings and adventures. They even offer dance classes; my Mother-in-law has been a dancer her whole life and even with dementia, she’s never forgotten a step. If there’s no program going on, the staff will dance with her and twirl her around the lobby. I’m happy with this facility and the care my family member is getting. I would absolutely recommend them and have already done so."

Mom was comfortable

Mom was in a skilled nursing home and we had to move her into hospice care. I was hesitant to move her to Sunrise because it was an Assisted Living place and they had no nursing at night (although I think they may have hired one since I was there). The level of care and responsiveness to my mom was truly a Godsend. From the level of care, to the room and even the food it was such a blessing. They were so much more responsive than the nursing home. I thought that Sunrise was for healthy people, I had no idea what a good place this was for my mom. They treated her with respect and they were super friendly. I would recommend this to anybody and everyone. I was relieved my mom was here for her final days.

My tour experience

I toured here when looking for a place for my grandmother and it was nice. They’re a bit older so they have a bit more experience I think and they seem to be nice with all of the residents. I wouldn’t say it’s run down, but it’s starting to show it’s age. Other than that, it seems really nice. When I went, it was lunch time and you could smell it all over. It seemed like every time our tour guide would walk by, she would say hi to everyone and everyone recognized her and knew who she was and everyone seemed to be having a good time there. Everyone was very friendly and everyone knew each other and was talking with each other. The only thing was that outside, in their garden area, you could see the age of the landscaping. The chairs and stuff outside were really old and rusted and you could just tell that it wasn’t new.

Worrisome

I toured Sunrise with my husband, and I would have been pleased for mom to move into this community because it is very close to my house. However, when we arrived to take the tour, the [Removed] was answering phones at the front desk, we were told that there was no appointment scheduled for us, and that the person who was supposed to show us around was already with another client. The community itself is beautiful, but the staff’s lack of presence was really unsettling to me.

Sunrise Senior Living

We are sorry to hear about your experience at our community. We take your comments very seriously and would like to speak with you further. Please email [removed] with your contact information so that we can reach out to you. Thank you, The Sunrise Team

This is a top notch facility. Lovely accommodations, professionally run, beautifully decorated.

Care for mom and dad

I am happy with the care of this community. My parents were taken care of very well at this community. They both liked the meals. My mom loves the activities that are offered. The community is clean and the staff is so helpful. I would recommend the care and value of this community to other families

Great Meals!!

My dad has seemed to really be liking his stay at this community so far. He has been really enjoying the meals they serve and has yet to miss a meal time. I love how clean not only the dinning room stays but the entire facility, the house keeping team does a great job. The only thing I wish is that residents where more inviting and friendly to him.

The sales people were eager to take him as a patient. After the assessment they could not accept afterwards. They would accept the money evaluation. The staff was informed on the needs before hand. It was a nice and clean community.

Very clean facility. Staff seems very friendly and attentive.

This location appears to be a little more on the upscale side and quite a bit pricier. I was not impressed by the quality of the rooms and facilities in the rooms when everything else appeared to be very nice.

Gorgeous

Sunrise is a gorgeous place. The facility is kept immaculate and the grounds are beautiful and well maintained. It is like a resort for Senior Citizen's here. The staff is so professional and you can tell that they take a genuine interest in the residents well being.

The best care that I could have imagined

The team at Sunrise has surpassed my expectations. Every department has made what can be a challenging transition for a family smooth. Clearly they are in their professions because they truly care about the elderly. My mother is in the memory care unit now for six weeks and her needs are so complex, yet all involved go way above and beyond. I can't recommend Sunrise higher.

not a good fit for us, poor communication

I had a mixed experience with Sunrise At La Costa. I brought my grandmother there and it turned out not to be a good fit for her. They were not very good at communication. It was very hard to get a hold of anyone. I would leave messages and never hear back. They did not do a good job keeping me informed of how grandmother was doing, which was very important to me. It ended up not being a good fit for us.

Sunrise Senior Living

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Sunrise at La Costa is Alzheimer's

The moment my sister and I walked in the door, we had a good feeling about Sunrise at La Costa. We were looking for a place for our dad, who has Alzheimer's, to live. The first thing we saw in the middle of lobby was a large, beautiful yellow lab (labrador retriever) laying on the floor. We came to find out he was a retired seeing eye dog and his name was Landon. Landon is the unofficial canine greeter at Sunrise at La Costa. He is very welcoming and friendly and helps to make the property feel very homey. The decor in all the common areas is comfortable with big overstuffed chairs and warm lighting, and all the rooms are nicely appointed. The grounds are beautifully landscaped with rose bushes, flowering annuals, tropical perennials and palms. The one bedroom apartments are spacious and offer generous closets and storage. Most importantly, though, is that the licensing and programs at Sunrise allow for residents with Alzheimer's diagnoses to live in assisted living for as long as possible before moving to memory care. That was key reason my sister and I ultimately chose to move Dad to Sunrise. He is relatively self sufficient and fiercely independent, so the idea that he could live in an assisted living apartment rather than a studio in memory care was important to us. Last but not least, the people who work at Sunrise are friendly, compassionate and caring. Most have worked there for many years--a sure sign that management is stable and the work environment is good.

Excellent Community

My sister moved into this community 2 months ago. This is an excellent community and I can't say enough about the care and services they perform. My advisor, Jacquie at A Place For Mom was an excellent resource. She made the process very smooth. I now can understand how important these reviews really are. My sister is in the reminiscence unit and is receiving the stimulation needed and is really enjoying the friendships she is developing. I can see a steady improvement in her already. The dining room offers 4 items on a menu and the staff is well organized at what they are doing. The food is average tasting. The staff is engaged with residents and do all of their focusing on the well being of the residents.

excellent experience

So far everything has been perfect! When we saw the place we were very impressed. We've been with Sunrise At La Costa for a couple of months now, and qverall it's just been a wonderful experience thus far. A really excellent experience!

Great staff, great place!

I love everything about Sunrise, especially how warm and hospitable the staff is. Amy Burfitt led the tour, and she was just wonderful. She was very informative and was able to answer all of my questions. She is actually at Sunrise of La Jolla now, but that isn't a deterrent from La Costa. The building is clean and well-kept, the care services offered are top-notch, and they offer lots of great activities. I highly recommend it!

Happy Home for Dad

My Dad has been here for two years. He has been happy and well cared for.The staff is, for the most part, exceptional. The facility does show its age but it is light and bright - important for the elderly. I think the decor and surroundings appeal to the elderly - not necessarily the children of the elderly. The wonderful thing about this place is that there are lots of windows and skylights. It isn't overly large, so it feels manageable. They were bought out recently. Seems like I've seen increased penny pinching. I hope not.

Seemed like dark colors and showed it...

Seemed like dark colors and showed its age. Asked about 911 calls. Liked staff's answers to my questions. DAD PICKED THIS ONE!

About Sunrise at La Costa

Community & Location Highlights:

•Convenient location in Carlsbad, CA
•Adjacent to shopping, dining, theaters, and more
•Near La Costa Urgent Care and Scripps Coastal Medical Center
•Beautifully manicured grounds, walking paths, and outdoor seating areas

Sunrise at La Costa in Carlsbad, California, offers residents comfort and freedom, a vibrant social calendar, and more time for fun, family, and friends. Residents engage in daily activities and events to enrich their mind, body, and spirit. We are conveniently located next to shopping , dining, the theaters and two medical centers are nearby. Our exceptional resident-centered philosophy helps us deliver personalized services and care so our residents can live life on their own terms, with dignity and pride. Visit our community today to see why our residents are proud to call Sunrise at La Costa home.