HOME SETTING

The Manse is a lovely facility with a real feeling of "home" for its residents. The atmosphere is family-like and is evident in the relationship the staff develops with each resident.

Most importantly, the residents of the Manse receive top quality personal care that is based on genuine concern for their comfort and welfare.
This is coupled with an attitude of respect for each individual.

Activities

The two story large mansion is surrounded by tall trees. There is ample our door walking, charming space.
All gated and secured for my auntie so i feel it is safer for her. she was actually participating in the "activity" when i arrived. it;s like an organized jazzercise class for seniors!

it was fun to see her involved with the other people living there. she likes the warm cooked meals especially the desserts... the lady doing the group class was polite and i could tell she liked her job too.

the people were outside which it looks like a park with all the greenery, shaded areas, very ncie. it is affordable for our family compared to other places. multi diverse and some staff are bi lingual in spanish.

Good Health

Our father lived there. He had dementia and had lost a lot of weight prior to moving into the Manse.
We were concerned about his diet so we were glad he lived in this great community.
He gained weight within a few weeks. He also had improved appetite.
We are convinced it is because he was with so many other people, It was a good improvement in his activity level as they have different events and weekly activities that he could participate in.
The caregivers were great and could see his improvement also.

clean and neat

In regards of my mom, her shared room is always clean when we come by even on s "surprise" visit. The cook in the kitchen makes good meals. We have been there when all the residents are enjoying dining together. There is music playing for them on a c.,d., too. I greatly appreciate the staff and caregiver [name removed] also,
Thank you!

Caring for our sister

We wanted to take a minute to thank you for the continuing excellent care you have given my sister, [name removed], during the two and a half years she has lived there at the MANSE.

She is happier and laughing more than we remember for a long time. The caring and concern you and your staff how for [name removed] is truly appreciated.

Thank you for making her life comfortable and ours easier.

[name removed] (brother) and [name removed]

Gratitude

It was a pleasure to see my sister, [name removed] looking so well when my son and I visited recently.
I wish we could have stayed longer to talk with everyone who takes care of her.
Thank you all for the care and attention given to her.
We greatly appreciate your kindness... We are grateful to each of you who touch her life.

Note Of GRATITUDE

Just a quick note for the caregivers
at this senior home in Vista (The Manse):

Thank you for the WONDERFUL care you all provide

for my mom [name removed].

We are grateful she is happy and safe there.

Letter of Support

My mother, [name removed], has resided at The Manse since November 2015. My sister ,[name removed] and I moved our mom to this location after she was criminally abused while residing at another facility in Vista. After the devastating event, we began extensive search for a suitable place that could accommodate the needs of our mother.
We chose the Manse for various reasons, but primarily due to the smaller number of residents. This allowed for more personal care of the residents. There was better interaction with the staff and fellow people living there.
We cannot be happier or more satisfied with our decision as any concerns we have are always addressed quickly and professionally.
Since moving into the MANSE , our mother is more content, has gained weight and shows much less stress.
We enthusiastically support and confidently recommend The Manse as an assisted living home.

COMPLIMENTS AND PRAISE

"My husband and I wish to share our compliments and give commendation to you (the MANSE), your office staff and especially to your caregivers, for the wonderful, kind and loving care of our mother Dorothy. She seemed to fit in immediately. It was an easy adjustment for her in her new "home" with her new daily routine.

The caregivers are remarkable. Although each may have their specific duties, they seem to work as a unit and compliment each other. They have a gift of patience and love to make the residents feel secure and safe. They work as a team tightly knitted together pouring out their care which was well received by our mom and the other residents.
We thank all for a job well done and for each of your "everyday" smiles for our mom. Please know that [name removed], [name removed] and I appreciated each of you so much. God bless you all. You (The Manse) are a blessing and "preciso" to us all and the residents."

LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION

Letter of Recommendation for the MANSE:
To Staff and Administrator:
"My daughter came without notice to see my brother,[name removed], on a holiday weekend. They found everybody clean and dressed. The home was nice with doors open for fresh air.
My brother was happy living there. He said the food was good and everyone (caregivers) treated him well. I would recommend the Manse (assisted living and memory care) as a good place to have someone you love who needs care."

great home and value

Two years ago our uncle moved in this large southern style colonial house. it has such lovely park like grounds. there is nice music playing for the residents. the staff keep it so clean and neat. we visit and the waterfall has a soothing sound. most of all he really likes the good food which is more healthy for him too. even though he shares a large spacious room with another person, it is very considerable priced for our family. many other locations were more like a hospital setting instead of home environment. A woman who is the owner has many years experience and we know she cares about the people living there too. The staff seemed to like their ability to help them also. The daily schedule changes to offer different games and activities for the group programs.

great value and beautiful area

We did a tour last week here and the main impression is the huge colonial style home. so big and inviting... a locked gate to protect our mom who is needing extra care now. her ability to have a surrounded gated area is so important for us. the financial cost was also a determining factor for our decision. it is a great room she will share with a friend so they will talk and have much fun . the staff is great as we know we will be able to walk in anytime to visit. she could be in the main hall or having lunch or outside in the plush garden areas. lots of walking outside. we felt welcomed and it was very quaint .

Care for family

I toured this community for the care for my mom. the staff was nice and very friendly. They were able to answer my questions on the care that she would receive here. They had a nice variety of meals from the menu. they would have offered here activities. This is a clean community and I would recommend other families to see the community for the care of a loved one.

Don't "park" your loved one here.

Hostile environment. Low budget. Expect long waits between diaper changes and showers. Excessive human filth. I wouldn't put a parent here.

Not A Good Experience

This community is big with a lot of residents and not enough staff. I did not like my experience with this community and I feel the staff are not equipped to provide the best care for everyone. Communication between the staff and I were not always the truth. In the end I took my husband out from this community because he was not getting the best, proper, care.

This is a very old home in a great setting. It is sad to see the upkeep on the facility has lingered as this place has great potential.

Not A Peaceful Place

We had a family member was placed in hospice care at this facility. I have to tell you that this place is terribly run down. The front entrance does not have the curb appeal that the photos in this web page have indicated. In order to check in we had to go to the second floor. For those of us less able, this is a difficult place to visit. The facility is not a peaceful place. I would never place a loved one at this facility. The staff were nice but they are clearly understaffed like most facilities.

One of the best kept Secrets!

We had our step-mother in another facility where the price kept going up and the care kept going down. So we were given a list of 5 different places in our price range. In looking at the list we left The Manse to the last because we thought mom would like a smaller place. Upon entering the gate we were impressed with the grounds as to how peaceful and lovely they were. The building could use some maintenance. But visiting the administration convinced us this would be the place for mom. We live several states away and were very pleased with the communications throughout mom's stay. And what really impressed us was the staff and administration never knew when we would show up. But mom was always clean, hair cut. The facility did not have the smell of the other places we visited. The care was always first rate. And most of all the cost did not keep spiraling upward. We have been very pleased with the care and so thankful we found The Manse.

Review of The Manse Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Vista, CA

The building is Run down and in very poor condition. Nice people!

You get the feeling they actually know your loved one here.

There are only about 25 people there so there is more individualized care, and they are able to be more attentive. They also have a larger percentage of men, than most. When you walk in it's very homey, it's not institutionalized, You don't see linoleum everywhere or buckets of mop water. Their attitude toward their patients is wonderful, they tell you not to bring valuables or family heirlooms because they know that the residents like to wander into peoples rooms and see something that catches their eye and they take off with it, this way they are they don't mean to but it happens, this way they don't have to worry or tell them no all the time. They have all kinds of activities for them to do. I came in the other day and they were bowling in the living room. They had somebody from the animal park come and bring some animals in, they let me bring my dog to see him. It was such a good fit for him, it looks a little bit like an old fraternity house. He says he really does like this place. If somebody is looking for a cruise boat kind of experience this is not it. I like the size of the place. It was an old mansion originally, and they haven't cut the rooms up. And when I go in there are people sitting in the dining room having tea or eating and not at just certain times, they are able to be a little more flexible with things like that. You get the feeling they actually know your loved one here.

Nice Place - Willing to Work With Us

We were contemplating maybe having my mother going down there to that are and we did like The Manse. It was just nice. They seemed to be caring people and it was a nice place and it wasn't too expensive. They were willing to work with us.

Home on 3 acres

I liked that fact that it looks more like a home rather than an institution. It looks more like a family lives here so it provides a home like feeling. The grounds are very beautiful with plenty of room to walk around; the home is located on about 3 acres of land. We are very pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone.

Beautiful grounds. The plac...

Beautiful grounds. The place felt very home-like. The rooms were well appointed. Definitely a contender.