Brookdale Carlsbad - Carlsbad, CA

Brookdale Carlsbad - Carlsbad, CA has yet not published prices.

Registered nurse available 24/7. Spoke with several residents & viewed above & 1 bedroom units, each with central HAC. Good menu selection; Toured with activities director; Offer respite. $2,500 move-in fee

I toured this community

When I went on the tour it was nice it had a good feel to it. It was clean and looked well kept up. They answered all of my questions. The people were nice there. But my social worker messed up and we couldn't come stay here.

Great People, but Too Large for my Mother

I toured this community with my mother, and it is quite a big, beautiful place. The people were great during our visit. There are lots of amenities here for the residents as well. However, my mother needs memory care, and she isn’t able to take advantage of all of the activities and amenities. I really wanted something smaller and more like home for my mother where she can easily get involved and make friends.

Comfortable Living!

My father has recently made the move into this community and so far I have no complaints of how things are going for him. The staff are wonderful people and have provided him with excellent care. He has been enjoying the dinning experience as well as other great activities they offer to the residents throughout the week. Overall it has been a pleasant experience and we are pleased.

Tour for care

We toured this community and like the staff that is nice and caring. We like the staff, but they do not have a lot of space outdoors to walk around. The community is large and did not have the feeling the feeling that we were looking for. The menu was nice and we liked the lunch on the tour. They offer a lot of activities that are offered to the residents. We would recommend this community for other families to tour for the care of a loved one.

Comfort for mom

We like this nice community. for good care. The staff caring are very patient and caring. The meals are good with a healthy variety to choose from. The community is very clean and we do like that she likes the activities that are available. We would recommend other families to this community for a great value and the great care.

A good place!

Everything has been going very well for my wife at the Brookdale Carlsbad. The staff are all very friendly, they have a good crew. We have no complaints, I would recommend this place to anyone looking into it.

Great Care

I am very happy to see that my mom is very happy here. The staff is taking great care of her and are always attentive. The community is clean and well taken care of. She seems to be happy with the meals and the great variety. She is active with some of the nice activities that are offered to her. We recommend the care and the value to other families here.

Various Activities!!

Some activities that are offered are yoga, stretching and cooking classes. The tour guide assisted me with providing as much information as he could. One of the amenities that he mentioned was the grocery shopping service. I really thought that it was a wonderful clean place with a lot of great services.

Well worth considering.

Dad has only been here a week but thus far our expectations have been exceeded. It is a beautiful facility with true restaurant style dining, which was important. Facilities that mandate when one must be hungry were disqualified immediately from consideration. The bathroom counter is raised which is helpful to Dad who has significant back issues. He is treated, thus far, with courtesy, respect and humor. His room, a one bedroom, is quite small and we saw others with much more floor space, but other issues made that less of an issue. We were able to provide most of Dads treasures without making the space appear crowded. It is, cost wise, in line with the nicer facilities. Less than some more than others.
We are happy with our decision.

A huge improvement in the last 1 1/2 years under the new executive director, Sasha [Removed]. We have experienced assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care. Sasha is a woman of integrity who genuinely cares about the residents, their families and her staff. We have seen a huge improvement in the staff and care. Sasha empowers her staff to take responsibility and perform their jobs well. She has addressed issues, questions and concerns we have had quickly and satisfactorily. The front desk staff is kind and very helpful, the caregivers are kind and the nursing staff is attentive and responsive. Though my mom did not participate in many of the activities, many residents enjoy the daily and varied activities put on by the activities director and team. Overall, this is a well run, loving and safe place for a family member who needs more assistance, help, supervision or care. Our recent experience in skilled nursing was 100% better that in 2012. The staff worked together to provide the best rehab possible for my mom. The staff was unhurried, kind and helpful.

New to Brookdale Carlsbad, CA

This has been a great choice for Mom and the family. Her care is all we could ask for, andcommunication is excellent. With two large windows, her room is full of light and her view of the courtyard adds to her enjoyment.
Our only complaint at this point, is that maintenance did not have everything ready in the room before she moved into it. But, with considerable prompting from my brother, almost all the jobs have been checked off the list. It is disappointing that it has taken two months, and a good deal of pushing from my brother to get things completed.

But her daily care is meeting and exceeding our expectations.

So far so good at Brookdale Carlsbad!

I moved my mom into this community about a week ago and so far so good. The staff seem friendly and I am impressed with how they are treating my mom. They get her out of bed and get her involved in some of the activities. The food looks good. The community seems clean and well maintained.

Great Community

This is a nice community, and my friend was doing well at this community. He will be moving out soon due to the fact he does not think he needs the type of care they provide. It is a nice facility with kind people. Everything looked pretty clean and well-kept. He didn't require much care so his experience with the staff was limited, but they were very nice.There are nice activities and good. I would recommend it.

A Good Fit

This was a good fit for my mother and we are happy. The community is very clean and well-kept. The staff is friendly and helpful with everything. She has made a few new friends and she says the food is great. She seems comfortable and happy. I would recommend for someone to take a look at this community. Just make sure the community you pick is a good fit for your loved one.

Perfect

Assistance I have received here has been excellent. Everything in every aspect of this whole ordeal has been just perfect. They assisted in the whole moving process and the girl that helped me with a place of mom was the best. She is wonderful in everyway.

Just alright

It is going alright here. They leave her in her room too much. I have talked to them about this twice. I told the staff that they need to take her down for activities. They say they ask her and she says she does not want to go. Well, she is confused, so they need to make more of an effort. She is depressed and she says that all she does is sit in her room and look out the window. She is starting to talk like she may as well not be here. The staff needs to get on top of this. It has been a couple of weeks since I mentioned taking her down for activities and still nothing.

Nice place

Our experience with Brookdale Carlsbad has been a very good one. It's a nice looking place, the staff is friendly, and they are taking good care of my loved one. We're entirely satisfied.

Staff was very responsive and answered questions. Client does not want assisted living placement at this time.

short but good experience

We had a very short experience with Emeritus at Carlsbad as my mother in law unfortunately passed away shortly after we moved her in, but during that short time we were happy with them. The caregivers could not have been any nicer or more caring to her, and the marketing staff they have is top notch.

My Mother has lived at Emeritus for five years.
She appreciates and enjoys the staff members.Though they are overworked and underpaid.
She's very reclusive and will not dine in the dinning room. She suffers from advanced neuropathy and has trouble feeding herself. She was an excellent cook, a successful career woman who traveled extensively,and for work and pleasure. Today you would call her a "foodie".
The food at this facility is terrible. It pains me to see her try to eat it.
She often gives up and drinks a "Glucerna" just for the nutritional value.
It pains me to see her try to eat that horrible food. When they were bought out by Brookdale, there were a few days when the food was good. Apparently, Brookdale had sent a cook down to try to teach the staff how to cook. Mother marveled at the good food and was so delighted. That last only about three days. Now the food it back to bad. It's a shame since the facility is so nice in every other way. If you folks or loved one doesn't care about food quality I would recommended this facility.

Did not like this place. I...

Did not like this place. It felt like exactly what I expected all Assisted Living facilities to be like. During our 90 minute visit, we saw only four residents - 1 asleep, 2 completely unresponsive sitting alone, and 1 man who ogled at my stepmom in a very close, creepy way. Only saw one group participating in a reading group, of whom more than 1/2 seemed to be asleep. Apartments were fine, but nothing outstanding.

Sam Pollock

We apologize that your tour of our community did not meet your expectations. Please rest assured that we provide many activities for our residents to participate in; however they are not mandatory and residents may do as they choose throughout the day. If you have any further concerns please address our community management team.

Comforting and Supportive

Our first experience at Emeritus at Carlsbad was very comforting and supportive in a difficult situation. We needed to move our father to the Memory Center after multiple caregivers caring for Dad at his home 24/7. Many errors were made as Dad was starting to fail. We realized that he now had "graduated" to a need for increased care at the Memory Care Center at Emeritus at Carlsbad.

Pamela and Doris made me feel very comfortable and supportive. The facility is very clean, Dad now has his own room with items from his own home to help him feel more comfortable. He is more easily accessible to family members here in Carlsbad.

Great job, Emeritus at Carlsbad!

They had one that was two bedrooms bu...

They had one that was two bedrooms but the second bedroom looked like a closet. You could barely fit a twin bed in it. It was very expensive for a second bedroom you couldn't get a single bed into. I left because I thought that was absurd. I thought it was claustrophobic and stuffy.

Sterile

OK, but a little sterile in terms of both the building and the people. It was clean, definitely clean, but didn't seem as warm. That could have been because of the high rise, it was more like a hospital that a place to live.

We offer a home like setting and cheerful smiles from our professional staff who greet you everyday. Our caring staff offers the assistance you need while respecting your independence.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment everyday. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.® License #374602800