Brookdale Oceanside - Oceanside, CA

Brookdale Oceanside - Oceanside, CA has yet not published prices.

The atmosphere is warm and welcoming

After my friend and I left this facility, we decided to go with this facility without touring any other places. What really made us want to pick this community is the staff. They have been very good to him and they make him feel welcome. He has been thoroughly pleased with the move so far. At first, he was apprehensive when he found out the building is 35 years old. When walking in, it’s very impressive and they have been doing a lot of the up-keep on the building. There is no smell of poor hygiene and the atmosphere is warm and welcoming. I would recommend this facility to other families.

I toured this community

The staff here was pleasant it was a good tour. They answered all of my questions. They had less care here and it looked really worn out. Just didn't get that feeling when I was there. We had to chose another community.

Beautiful, but too Large for Mom

I toured Brookdale with my mother, and while it was a beautiful community, I felt it was too large. My mother needs memory care, and I worried that she might not get as much attention in such a large place. I wasn’t very keen on the memory care unit either. It was just a long hallway that the rooms were attached to. It felt too cold to me and not as cozy as I would have liked. I was also informed during the tour that there would be construction occurring in the memory unit, and that just didn’t sit very well with me. Overall, while this community was large and beautiful with lots of amenities for the residents, I wanted something smaller, cozier, and more like home for my mother.

Tour for options

We toured this community for my father's care. The staff was nice and able to help with the questions on the care that is needed. We liked the environment and the list of healthy meals that are offered. They have a clean environment and we think that the atmosphere is nice. We would suggest that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

My father's care

This is a great community for care. We like the community was clean. We felt like the staff needed more training in certain areas. The staff did not know how to use the equipment when we first arrived. The staff made some improvements for the care for my father. We liked that the staff was friendly. They offer a nice menu. We would suggest that other families tour this community to see if they are able to assist with the needs of a loved one.

My brother's tour for care

We toured this community for the nice tour and we liked the care staff who were able to answer the questions that we had for the care that is given. The menu was nice and we did like the lunch that we received. The community is clean and it made us happy to see a beautiful community. We would recommend this community for the care to other families.

A caring environment.

This has been a great place for our mother. She is able to
have therapy, eat with the same people everyday and have different activities to help her with her dementia.
She likes the food and is now eating. Prior to moving here she would refuse to eat unless we pressed her. She will remain here until her femur is healed. She is very happy here as it allows her a sense of dignity.

It Was A Different Experience

We didn't like this community. There was a hospital odor. The other places we toured didn't have that smell and that turned us off when we walked in. We had a tour and it looked okay but it didn't have the "Wow " factor. When we were speaking to the representative she had some questions that I felt were inappropriate. I felt for a first interview that was not acceptable.

Drab colors, doesn't seem like much is going on, restricted hours for meals, not well maintained.

Very Expensive!!

I thought this place was very expensive for what they had to offer. They only had semi private rooms available that where not even furnished and was a little older of an apartment. I just thought for the rent they where asking I would see something a little more impressive. I also did not like that they would charge an additional hundred dollars a month just to distribute medication twice a day. The staff seemed like they did not like there job and where just there for a pay check.

A friendly community.

I am very happy living at Brookdale. I have made friends and the staff are very helpful. The food is good and they offer a variety of choices. They offer numerous activities and you can schedule outings to the store and for appointments. The community is clean and I am glad I moved here.

Tender Loving Care!!

Things are going pretty well since I made the move into the Brookdale Oceanside. Everyone is very friendly and take good care of me. The place is clean and well maintained, so far I don't see anything that they could improve on.

I was not happy with this community. There were issues with the plumbing that were not taken care of. My mom would ring the bell for assistance and they would not reply. They did not attend to her and she had some issues with seeing. We asked if there was another room for heer till the plumbing issues and they could comply. There were alot of billing issues. They charged for extras that were not included and there was not a assisment done before she moved in. They made her wheel chair dependant and that was not the care we needed for her. They seemed to not work about her well being. They wanted 30 day notice before taking my mom out of the community. I would not recommend this community to other families. The food was average. they did not try and get her to be active with others. My mom is no longer at this community.

Since mother is diagnosed with dementia, she will be forced into memory care. She is not ready for a facility such as this and I think she would be very unhappy there as she is not that far along. Facility was clean and well lit. Room was spacious.

Clean Community

The community is very well maintained and all of the bedrooms are kept clean and fresh. The staff have a great response time, my mother had fallen in her bedroom and they had gotten to her very quickly. So far everything seems to be going well and I have no complaints.

The family is very happy with Brookdale Oceanside

Had a wonderful experience moving my father-in-law to Brookdale Oceanside staff has been wonderful but the facility is beautiful and he says the food's great thank you to everybody at Brookdale Oceanside

Nice place

We're very happy with how things have turned out at Brookdale Oceanside!

Excellent facility, staff was very cordial. Good location, my first choice for now

Very Informative!!

Brookdale Oceanside is a pet friendly community. Transportation is available for the residents. There is a nurse at the community if some care is needed. I got to see the community from the rooms to the entrance. Everything was very clean and organized i thought it was a good place. The guide answered all of my questions fairly well.

Staff treats all like Family

We just moved Dad in from living in his own home. His first day he was angry but by day two he had already begun to relax. The Staff says, "we are Family now", and treated him so sweetly. He loves the attention. We chose to pay a bit more, for extra assistance, for his first month, to help him get adjusted, very reasonable fee. Great experience so far. Oh, best part, he likes the Food!

Beautiful facility, but ratings are low, same problems we had with Cypress.

Do Not Take Your Loved One Here !!

This is not a good community, my father life was put at risk at this community. They do not provide the proper care for senior citizens. They do not take the time to listen to your concerns. When I brought up my concerns they filed a law suite against me. I have since taken my own legal action against this community. I really would not recommend anyone to take their love one here.

No Activities At This Community

I had to give this community a low rating because they weren't able to provide the type of care my father needed and they misled me to believe they were able to. If you are looking for memory care this is not the place to look. I never really noticed the staff engaging or being attentive to the residents. They don't offer activities so the residents sit around most of the days. The food is okay, my father likes it. I will be moving him to community that will help him be more active and social.

Review of Brookdale Oceanside-Oceanside, Ca

Excellent intake by Ms. Jericha! This fascility has the nicest ambience and happiest clients I’ve seen, so far. It seems very organized, well staffed, and, stable.

Things didn't go well at all

Things didn't go very at Brookdale Oceanside at all. The first night she was there, she broke her hip because she was unsupervised. She was probably there less than six hours before this happened. Now she is at a different facility. We are through with Brookdale.

Very informative

They have been very informative and have really kept us in the loop as far as care, services, activities, etc. I am very pleased with the facility so far. They have given us great information.

Staff was very responsive and answered questions. Client does not want assisted living placement at this time. Would be preferred placement

Not as clean as others

it is kind mixed for me . it was quite a contrast. My father was at another one before this one. The other one was very beautiful. Brookdale is not as clean and new. The general are is not as clean as the rooms themselves. They do have a lot of activities but my father doesn't do them. It is hard for me to know if he goes or not.

Going Steadily Downhill Under New Ownership

My mother has been at Brookdale for almost 6 months, and things have steadily gone downhill since they transitioned from Emeritus to Brookdale. VERY HIGH staff turnover which is directly opposite of what we were told when we first toured it as Emeritus. The carpets are filthy, work orders and repairs to the air conditioning system are ignored, and now it seems like they have some sort of leak or water damage problem to many of the rooms and walls in the main hallway. Before the Brookdale transition, the facility, while a bit older, was clean and had a pleasant smell. THAT IS NO LONGER THE CASE. There is a horrible odor (most likely due to the water damage) that greets you as soon as you walk in. There are a few employees who do a great job, but there are many more who should find another line of work (that is about as politically correct as I can make that statement). We pay for extra care services, which are oftentimes not delivered. They are often out of food at mealtimes, they are eliminating activities, and what they have continued to do is on a shoestring budget. I am still trying to figure out where they are spending/have spent that $2500 NON REFUNDABLE "community fee" you are charged (in addition to the ~ $3,000 per month rent) upon move in. Something isn't right at Brookdale Oceanside. I would advise those looking for assisted living to continue looking.

did not deliver the care promised

Our experience with Brookdale Oceanside is that the way it was presented and the way it turned out was very different. It was presented as a place that would meet our requirements, and after a short time there it became obvious that they were not going to be able to provide the care that we expected. It seemed as though they were in a state of flux with some people leaving and others coming, and it was difficult for my father to respond to all the different people taking care of him. There is no question that he had needs that needed to be cared for which I was assured he would received and he did not, which turned out to be a problem.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time share your feedback. Please contact us at familyconnection[at]brookdale[dot][com] to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

So far so good!

They've done a great job so far with my Dad at Brookdale Oceanside! The staff here is very friendly, and they've really bent over backwards making him feel welcome and helping him settle in! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they seem to have an excellent memory care program. Dad says he likes it here!

A Few Annoyances

My husband goes there every day and he has to remind them to do things, so that is a little annoying. For example, it takes them a long time for them to take her order and feed her, so I can see how some of the older people get frustrated with that. I don't think one place is better, I just think it depends on how involved the family is.

Wonderful place!

We are incredibly pleased with how things have turned out with Brookdale Oceanside. The staff here is just amazing, they are all wonderful people! The facility itself is well kept and clean, the food is good, and they take great care of the people who live here. We couldn't be happier with the place!

They moved my sister into a different room which is a little smaller so they are looking out for her.

wonderful

The staff at Brookdale Oceanside is simply wonderful. They have really good communication with us, proactively seeking our feedback, always calling to let us know how things are going, etc.

It has been really good all the way around.

room for improvement

Brookdale Oceanside is a very nice facility with very friendly staff. However, I am not sure that my mother is getting the care that she needs. Also, I have not been satisfied with the level of communication that they have had with me as the primary point of contact. She has been there for a couple months and they have only called me once. So there is definitely some room for improvement.

good at working with mom

The staff is really good at working with mom, managing what exactly it is that she needs, and keeping us informed on costs and other pertinent information.

Overall we are very happy with Emeritus at Oceanside, although there are a couple of areas where they could improve. For one, I think it would be good to see a wider variety of activities. For another, I think that the food could improve.

Aside from those areas we are pleased with Emeritus at Oceanside.

extremely helpful

The caregivers were extremely helpful when we had to move my sister. They arranged for movers to come in, and made sure that while she was in the emergency room at the hospital someone was with her at all times.

My sister is in a much better place no, both physically and mentally.

My experience with Emeritus at Oceans...

My experience with Emeritus at Oceanside had been good. I'm pleased with the services they provide. I'm satisfied with the friendliness of staff, facility, care provided, activities they offer, just everything. They also keep in contact with me really well.

Nice set up 1st Visit to a ...

Nice set up 1st Visit to a facility! Assisted Living Studio 2195 + 525 = $2720.00 Memory Care$3195 + 875 = $4070.00 Not sure if she is Mild Cognitive Impairment or Dementia, need to check with the Doctor

Nice environment.

I think they do a great job with their activities. The staff is all very kind – very kind to others. Nice environment. They are always very friendly and responsive. The food is okay. My loved one is picky eater, so she’s on the fence about it.

Loving Environment

The staff at Emeritus has been wonderful! They have included us in the plans for my dad and have made accommodations to meet our individual needs. They have made this transition easy and comfortable for our family. The place is immaculate and decorated to feel like a home not a facility. They make you feel like they care as much for your love one as you do.

Very Pleased

They are doing a real good job. So far they are trustworthy, that is a switch. They have been very good, no complaints. It's cleaner, my wife didn't smell anything. We are really pleased.

My loved one is in the Memory Care Un...

My loved one is in the Memory Care Unit. She is so very happy there! She spends her days in the large central area. Just sitting in there, with many other residents, and all the activity of the staff going on, she is entertained. It is also a relief to have her in a locked area, as she kept trying to escape her previous assisted living accommodations. She now feels safe, and taken care of, and doesn't seem to know that she's locked in. Her care there is not perfect -- her hygiene isn't what I'd prefer, but then she is very stubborn and it's hard to get her to do anything she doesn't want, and she doesn't like other's help; and some mixing of residents laundry results in missing items of my Mom's, while other resident's items are in her drawers. But the staff is very friendly and do a great job, imo, in a very difficult situation. They are very responsive to any concerns that I raise.

Elderly Population

It was very nice. It was very clean but there was a very disturbing odor about the place that you often find in nursing homes. I saw the people and they looked so old and so frail. I couldn't live with that. I don't mean to sound cruel but they looked as if they should have been in assisted living, not independent living. We had lunch in there. It was pretty large. I couldn't give you a head count but it was pretty large, I thought. Once you got away from the chandeliers and all the frilly stuff on the ground floor there were long corridors and horrible wall paper. It was not a place I could see myself living so I told the woman I would not be becoming a resident there.

So far we're satisfied. I know she li...

So far we're satisfied. I know she likes it. There's someone there all the time. The cleanliness is good and the staff is always helpful. It's by far the cheapest that I could find. She hits her pendent and they come. She says she's happy there and she likes it. I don't know if she taking advantage of them but I know there are activities available.

Understaffed and bad for acute care

Towards the end I would have given them a zero. He was not being cared for. I was on top of them all the time with multiple issues, come to find out I guess that's their standard of operation. I would not recommend this place, especially the memory care. I don't know anything about the assisted living, the people I saw over there seemed ok but the memory care units are understaffed and theres quite a few issues there with people who need more acute care. As soon as they become immobile or can't speak up they don't get their needs met, it's a staffing issue. They don't have enough people to really give them a proper bath or shower, they don't know about to cre for people with real physical limitations.

Jeff Yeager

Thank you for your feedback. We staff appropriately and have never had an issue with licensing about staffing inadequately. I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience in our communities, but I can assure you and you can see here that this is not the theme. We have many happy families and residents including 63 residents in MCN.

Reasonable Price

My mom is moving in tomorrow. I know there are places that might me a little nicer, but this is really nice for the money. It's reasonable and comfortable for us to afford. It's clean. There are places that are cleaner but there are places that are a lot worse and they say they're doing some renovations so that might change in the next year. For care, they're giving us the help my mom needs. The have some activities, not a lot. I don't think my mother, in her condition, needs a lot of activities.

Great Customer Service!

My mother needed Assisted Living and my Dad needed Memory Care. Emeritus has been very accomodating to their needs. They made the transition easy by providing movers.

My parents ar ehappy now and I feel more secure that their needs are being cared for.

Karen is an excellent Director and was so helpful in many ways.

I would highly recommnd Emeritus.

Didn't care for the location although...

Didn't care for the location although it was around shopping. Facility was clean, but older. Staff was very nice. Not our first choice. Annual increase is too high 5-8%.Also respite stay requirement of 14 days was too long.

Good, but Mom doesn't want Oceanside.

Good, but Mom doesn't want Oceanside.

Nice areas to visit and socialize. Sm...

Nice areas to visit and socialize. Smaller areas to walk around. Higher fees for memory care and other things. Close to freeway, lots of traffic noise. Walking areas somewhat small. Dining areas look good.

Brookdale Oceanside is an exclusive assisted living and memory care community in Oceanside, California. Our community provides high quality senior care services in the heart of Oceanside, a vibrant city just a few miles north of San Diego. Brookdale Oceanside has an ideal location near the College Plaza Shopping Center, City Crossroads Shopping Center and medical facilities. Our coastal city boasts world famous Southern California beaches, breathtaking sunsets and an abundance of outdoor recreational opportunities, making it a popular retirement destination.

At Brookdale Oceanside, we offer continuum of care services, including assisted living and memory care services. Our residents have peace of mind knowing that if their needs should change, their location does not have to. Our state-of-the-art memory care program offers residents a gentle structure to each day that includes mental and physical workouts and the opportunity to practice daily life skills and life-enriching activities.

We are a premier community in San Diego County, highly regarded for our luxurious services and amenities. Some of our amenities include:

Housekeeping services and trash removal
Full-service beauty salon offering hairstyling, manicures and facials
Scheduled transportation services
A holistic approach to care that perfectly balances independence with assistance
A vibrant social and activities calendar