The Madison Senior Living Community - London, OH

They were great...

My husband was at The Madison House for only a few days before he passed away, but from what I saw they were a great place. They took good care of my husband and we had a good experience.

Not Happy with this facility for mom

My mom was not happy here. Her condition declined and she was not given her medications. The staff was not equipped for my moms needs. She was taken to several other locations and when she came back to this facility she was not given medication and we were informed that she could not be controlled all due to incorrect medication.The location was not equipped due to her condition decreased They did have alot of activities for her to be able to keep busy, but was limited due to incorrect medications. We had to take her out of this facility and place here somewhere that she gets better care and is now doing very well. I would not recommend this to others

very helpful, caring and friendly.

The staff at the Madison Senior Living Community is great. They are very helpful, caring and friendly. They keep me posted and up to date with everything that's going on with my husband. We are very happy

Loved the place but my mom is used to Florida weather and you have to go outside the apartment for meals. Really spacious apartments but she doesn't need that much room.

Madison senior living review

They r great

I think the place is fantastic

A great place. The people and everything is good. I think the place is fantastic. The food is super. I would recommend The Madison Senior Living Community to anyone. The facility is really clean. The cleaning staff is always in the facility keeping it clean. Everyone has been very friendly and welcoming. The Madison Senior Living Community is just a fantastic place. It's been a great experience. It's nice.

I liked this community the best out of all the ones I looked at.

I would give the community and the activities, a ten out of five. I liked this community the best out of all the ones I looked at. It was a single building, with small twin singles, apartment style. The view was of the county side. The people were very nice, had many activities, and it was very clean.

My mother was in the Madison house for almost a year. Her room was always a mess. I had to clean and put laundry away every time I visited her. Her hygiene declined once she was placed there due to staff members not taking proper care of her. She was given the wrong medications on two separate occasions.
There is a major breakdown in communication at the Madison House. Management needs a tremendous amount of improvement.
I can provide two examples, although there were many more. On one occasion, just before my mom went on Hospice the manager had a LPN call me so I could hear my mother screaming for help. My mother had end of life anxiety, dementia, and was also bed bound, so she screamed out a lot. But isn't this what nursing homes are for? Another example is my mother went for a doctors appointment and came back with that night with a dialysis port (surgery) that the staff, management and my family had no idea she was having performed. When I called the hospital that performed the surgery they were able to provide me proof they had faxed all the information to the Madison House about the surgery.
When my mother was turned over to Hospice she remained at the Madison House. Hospice cleaned her room and cleaned her up. Only then did my family and I feel like she was receiving the care she deserved.

Marion with A Place for Mom was absol...

Marion with A Place for Mom was absolutely wonderful in our families search, plus Julia the Director at The Madison House was beyond helpful in the placement and move of our Mother/Grandmother from Florida.

Found this facility to be v...

Found this facility to be very good. Felt comfortable with their care options & the way things were ran. Would recommend them easily.

Our assisted living programs have become increasingly popular because they combine professional care with homelike surroundings, reasonable cost, attractive private or semiprivate apartments, and well balanced programs of events and activities.

We provide both nurses and around-the-clock resident assistants, as many seniors often want help from time to time with such things as medications, bathing, meals, personal hygiene and dressing.

There are many benefits for both residents and their families.

Residents often say that the peace of mind they enjoy is wonderful, as new found security and support relieves anxiety and depression. There are no more hassles of home ownership - the problems of maintenance, meals, yard care, and related chores aren't distractions or burdens any more.

Instead people receive the help they need when they need it and discover the leisure and freedom to enjoy new friends and a sense of peaceful fellowship.

Just as residents in many ways find our assisted living programs comfortable and supportive, so too, do their families gain a sense of relief and well being. When they visit they are pleased that Mom or Dad is usually busy with activities, excursions, and rewarding new friendships.

It's a nice combination: Care and a sense of communtity.

We simply offer a real, less expensive alternative to not enough care on the one hand and too much care on the other. All of that plus a sense of well being and security.

One common problem among the elderly is that they often find themselves increasingly isolated. Here they can maintain the degree of privacy they wish and still experience the pleasures of sharing and fellowship with others.