The Inn at Olentangy Trail - Delaware, OH

Shop Around

Totally agree with the "Nice Place Poor Management " comment!
I would NOT send another loved one here again!!!!! My opinion based on my experience with this facility!

Not many amenities, but still nice!

This was a nice facility when we toured! The facility did not have as many amenities as the one that we ended up choosing, but we liked it!

Mom loves it!

A tor for care

This was a nice tour. The community was clean. The staff was not easy to speak with. They did offer a nice menu. We would recommend that other families speak with the staff. Families might want to consider also other options for the care of a loved one.

Care for mom

I toured this community for care for my mom. It has alot of great qualities that would of worked out. They have a clean community and the staff are very nice and friendly. My questions were answered by the management. I know it would of been my second choice for the value. I needed something closer to my home and work, I would over all recommend this community to other families for the value and care.

Pretty place, great staff

Mom has only been at the Inn at Olentangy Trail for exactly one week. From the get go everyone has been helpful and friendly. The staff is wonderful, the facility is new-ish and beautiful and the staff is wonderful (yes I know I wrote that twice). My mom has already enjoyed several outings and is making friends. It is nice having the peace of mind that my mom is surrounded by a knowledgeable medical staff.
I can and do recommend this facility.

We have been very happy with them so far.

We have been very happy with them so far. I don't have any complaints at all. Out of a possible five, I would give them a five.

Times at Olentangy Trail

My father lived in the assisted living division of Olentangy Inn for almost two years. During that time our family could not have asked for a better experience - for him or for us! Friendly, immaculate, organized, beautiful, and safe! Excellent communication between residents, staff, and family members. Residents are encouraged to participate in social activities but never pressured. Medical staff was attentive, available, and skilled in working with elderly folks. Soft 40's music playing, baked cookies at 3:00, food served in large dining area with fireplace and piano. Would HIGHLY recommend Olentangy Inn to all!

It was newer and nicer, and they offered more than some of the others.

We toured here and I really liked it. It was newer and nicer, and they offered more than some of the others. My loved one thought it was a little big, and more than she needed. The room itself was on the small side, and going up to a bigger room rose the price pretty significantly. If I were looking for a place, I would love it. Mom liked a different one a little better, but this was nice!

A fabulous experience

We have been very pleased. Everyone has been helpful. It has been a fabulous experience. My loved one has been happy with the activities. It's good for her. We are grateful for everything they done and everything they are doing. It has been a great move. She is doing very good here. It has been an excellent experience at The Inn at Olentangy Trail. It's a nice community with a very friendly staff.

Nice Building - Poor Management

This is a very well designed facility. it's not like a stereotypical nursing home but then they are for assisted living and memory / dementia.

We have a family member who lives there. Do we have some experience with the operation. That's where the problems are.

The staff is paid minimum wage. They aren't trained or managed. So the aides are left to figure it out as they go without training out supervision. Some are focused on taking care of the residents. Some though are just getting a paycheck and do as little as possible. Without management watching what they do, the slackers slack.

And you assume they are taking care of your loved one. Not so, on too many occasions. We're looking for other options. Be careful and look past the nice building.

I would rate them a 4.5

We visited The Inn at Olentangy Trail, when we were considering places. We liked the layout, and the activities. We had a relative that stayed at a different location. We liked the staff and the people. We liked that it was close to home, and modern. We also liked the way they handled the Alzheimer's residents here.

Fantastic community!

We're very very happy with how things are going with The Inn at Olentangy Trail, it's been an outstanding experience! We moved him here from a community that we were not happy with and the change has been like night and day. He's always happy and smiling now, and they make sure is he always clean shaven and in clean clothes. Even the meal service is fantastic, and they bake fresh cookies every day!

Beautiful facility. 1 floor...

Beautiful facility. 1 floor. Courtyard in center. Aviary. Very lodge-like. Only a couple years old. Really liked but chose another due to level of attention needed for parent due to language barrier. Worth a visit!

Loved this facility. The patients are...

Loved this facility. The patients are more interactive and independent.It felt like a good match

Beautiful, $5,100 per month.

Beautiful, $5,100 per month.

Loved the place. I am concerned abou...

Loved the place. I am concerned about the cost, but who isn't!

Met with director. Very open and plea...

Met with director. Very open and pleasant facility. Less feminine with hues and colors of taupes, browns. A playing piano playing througout the lobby and dining area for Assisted living. A lovely small chapple area to the left upon entering. Beautiful flowers and pots about the entrance area. Very much like a lodge. Wide hallways, several small "knooks" for sitting and snacking. Staff very friendly. Saw several working with residents, helpful and respectful. Facility has a nurse on duty 24hours/day. All residents brought out of rooms for meals. 3 meals a day with three snacks a day. Each room has a large closet. residents are to bring their own beds and any furniture. All inclusive costs for rent, dressing, bathing (2 x week) meals, & administering medications are $155/day. They have a pharmacy - but residents may order in their own medications. If that is the case - residents pay $75 monthly fee for handling of the medications. Currently 10 memory care residents (7 men-3 women) have activities through the day including devotions some daays, - nice theatre like area for watching movies and nice seated area for watching TV or reading. Pets can visit and people at any time. Should a resident have a small animal - they may pay $10 for the anuimal to stay and be walked, etc. Very clean, nice, and open facility. Very nice central outdoor area with a lovely babbling pond. Areas to sit and walk around the outside.

Facility was very attractive with alm...

Facility was very attractive with almost a resort type appearance and feel. The one level was attractive. The decor was excellent. Tour guide was very attentive and responsive to all our questions. Location was satisfactory but adjacent to a vey busy highway. She indicated most of the new residents were entry level assisted living and more mobile. We felt my mom would also receive excellent care here but the cost was prohibitive. It was the second most-expensive facility. My mom would exhaust her funds within a couple of years and have to relocate. They have no medicaid provisions once your funds are depleted.

beautiful, warm , friendly. They make...

beautiful, warm , friendly. They make you feel like family

WE have looked at this place. Took a ...

WE have looked at this place. Took a tour and we really liked it. We are keeping in touch with director and are going to take my father in for a tour.

The Inn at Olentangy Trail in Delaware, OH strives to avoid every stereotype of the assisted living as hospital, and instead places its residents in what could pass for a beautiful, rustic hotel. Our wood and stone building is also a high quality assisted living and memory care facility with a trained staff ready to meet the needs of our residents. The memory care suites are designed to give those living with dementia and AlzheimerÆs disease the safe yet comfortable environment they need. Our staff is available 24/7 for any needs which may arise, and this security is enhanced by Vigil Dementia System monitoring and secure accommodations. Still, we understand the importance of living a happy life regardless of medical condition. We strive to achieve a positive relationship between ourselves, our patients, and their families to achieve true quality care. We also provide assisted living care for our residents who simply need extra help to maintain their independence. This comes with a 24 hour on-site nurse staff, full meal services, and lots of entertainment options, from cable TV to daily social events. We can assist with a variety of needs, ranging from simple dressing and bathing to medication and mobility, so everyone can enjoy a high quality of retirement. At The Inn at Olentangy Trail, we understand that our residents are more than just residents, they are your family. We take pride in treating them as our family too, and that is what makes a truly great home.