Abbington of Powell - Powell, OH

So happy we found The Abbington of Powell!

We were impressed by the tour, but from the moment they welcomed my family member in the door on move-in day, we knew we were home. We have never experienced a staff so friendly, caring, and responsive. On good days and bad, they have consistently demonstrated my family member's supportive care is their top priority. Despite my family member's cognitive deficits, they work to allow her maximum agency -- balancing who she is with her safety and care.

Working with A Place for Mom (Marion)

I was at a complete loss when I was initially faced with the need for Assisted Living for my grandmother (I am her care-taker). I was panicked and at a total loss for direction. I had seen commercials on TV about A Place for Mom, so I took a chance. Within seconds of reviewing their website and providing my contact info, I received a call. The very next day I had a phone conference with Marion. AMAZING!! She provided me with so much information -- more than I had expected. She explained how the facilities are set up, how the costs are determined, the level of care based on my grandmother's needs, etc. etc. Honestly, if it wasn't for Marion's comfort and understanding, I'm not sure where my mental state would be right now. I did end up selecting Abbington of Powell .. it's very close to my home, which makes it even more comforting for me. The staff has been AMAZING!! With this life change happening so suddenly, Katie (the director), was prompt with her calls and organization of the entire process. As of right now, I can say I am very satisfied. So much so, that a friend of mine is considering Abbington of Powell for her mother. This entire experience has exceeded my expectations. THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!

Abbington of Powell began operations in September 2002. This single-story community consists of 48 residential units situated on scenic wooded grounds. Abbington of Powell boasts abundant common area amenities, beautiful interior courtyards as well as walking paths.

Abbington of Powell is located in the Powell/Wedgewood area, northwest of Columbus, on the corner of Sawmill Road and Bradford Court, approximately 1 mile south of Powell Road and just east of Sawmill Parkway. The neighborhood primarily consists of single family homes with numerous dining, shopping and recreational facilities nearby.

You will experience and appreciate the comfortable, family atmosphere unlike any other assisted living community.