The Inn at Coal Ridge - Wadsworth, OH

My mother-in-law absolutely loves her new home. We cannot say enough good things about the level of care and genuine concern the staff has for their residents. A wonderful place!

Coal Ridge Good Environment for my Mom

My mom has been living in the memory unit at Coal Ridge for the past year. The staff is wonderful, the aides are caring and gentle and helpful. The facility is clean and nicely decorated. It feels like a very good place for my mom to be.

A good tour!

We had a good tour of this community, the tour guide took us around the entire building and answered all of our questions. The reason we chose another community was because this one was more expensive, and had smaller rooms.

The Inn at Coal Ridge

Mom's visit to the Inn at Coal Ridge is short-term because her plan is to return to her home. The contact we have had with the Inn over the last few months has been very positive. The staff has been very accommodating. Mom has been allowed to borrow their furniture for the last couple months. They listen carefully to any concerns and are very proactive in answering them. The room, which has more than adequate space, includes a kitchen area and separate bathroom. Mom likes the shower a lot, and feels very safe when using it. If she were going to be there long-term, it might be nice to have a separate bedroom.

We have priced several other care facilities, and have found Coal Ridge to be more reasonably priced than similar facilities in southern Ohio, which is where we live.

Very Recommendable

My father is here and I think these people that are associated with The Inn at Coal Ridge are the most professional, courteous, helpful, and all around great.
My father has come back to life and I very much appreciate them all I highly recommend this facility.

It's a wonderful place with wonderful people.

It's a wonderful place with wonderful people. It's been difficult for us, but not because of Coal Ridge at all. Insurance has been difficult, but Coal Ridge has been wonderful.

Great Decision

In July I started a search for a facility for my Mother. I read all the reviews on your site, and quite frankly I almost skipped a tour with the INN at CoalRidge. MISTAKE!! My Mother is now a resident there and I love the place! From the cleaning staff to the Director I have had good expierences. Were there some glitches at first? Of course. But everything was handeled the best it could be. To my knowledge, there has been one dissatisfied family. that left since the opening two years ago. For a facility this large i would say that"s pretty good. Before i put Mother in I talked with two other families. They seemed more than pleased. I urge all of you out there to form your own opinions. Don't trust such a large decision with any one ele's opinion but your own.

I have to wonder?

I am finally deciding to write a review for my family about this facility. How can you not expect perfection and some security at a place that you pay top dollar for your elderly loved ones to happily spend their remaining years?! My parent spent many months there and I can vouch to the fact that quite a few of those negative comments on previous reviews are very true. No security or compassion, non appealing food, and lack of diverse activities were problems that our family experienced at this facility.

Check This place Out

My Grandmother has been a resident at The Inn for almost two years. I am proud to state my name with this review!! I simply love it there! The staff listens and loves each and every resident. I urge each and every person reading these reviews to check this place out for yourself. You will not be dissapointed!!

GREAT DECISION!

After many tours at different Assisted Living Facilities in Medina and Summit Counties, I picked the Inn at CoalRidge for my loved one. They have been living at the Inn for almost 2 years now, and I couldn't be happier. No place can be perfect, but this is the next best thing. Any minor problems that do arise, the staff very promptly addresses. They are very accommodating to each residents needs and wishes. Nursing staff is present 24/7 and provides excellent care to all of the residents here. It isn't an easy decision for any adult to leave their home and move to a facility, but the Inn at CoalRidge makes the transition as smooth as possible!

I reccommend The Inn often!!

I do not often rate a place I am using as it is obvious I believe I have chosen wisely. When visiting you can always find a resident or family member that is critical. I have to wonder why their loved one is there. This is an assisted living. The people living in the assisted living should need very little help. They certainly do not need a front desk manned 24/7! Each concern i have encountered has been addressed. The staff know all the residents and it is obvious from the banter. The folks working there laugh with the residents, and they even brought in a grief counselor to aid the residents with various losses. It is a place I have recommended to my friends. There are several sets of parents and in-laws living there as well. So, that denotes a family group made the decision. If it's not the place for you then go. I have been told not one person has been "pulled out" since The Inn opened. The negative reviews are all not showing a name..why? This place was neede for a long time. I am proud The Inn is in Wadsworth!

Best Choice (but not perfect) for my loved one!

It is so obvious that the negative reviews are from multiple family members of ONE Person that lived at CoalRidge.

Just look at the time frames!

In my experience CoalRidge isn't perfect, but no one should expect perfection. That is completely unrealistic (I am guessing that was this family's biggest problem).

I have a loved one at CoalRidge and KNOW that their heart is in the right place. If there are any mistakes, they care about trying to correct it and prevent it from happening again.
They are transparent and honest about what they can and can't do for our loved ones. They even have a meeting every 3 months to meet with just the family members where they open themselves up on what suggestions we have to improve what happens at the Inn at CoalRidge. They have quickly taken those suggestions and put them in place.

I am concerned about some of the staff training, but Management seems to share that concern and provides more than what they tell me is required by the state regulators. My family realizes that the aides have the toughest job, but I appreciate the management constantly looking at whether they have the right people working there. I am glad to see some of the turnover that has happened since some people shouldn't be working with the older adults. They don't just put a body in place to fill a hole in their schedule. They try to hire and keep the right kind of people.

I normally don't write reviews but after stumbling upon this site, I felt compelled to share my experience since I wholeheartedly believe CoalRidge is the target of a smear campaign by one unhappy family. I have had the chance to interact with some other family members there, and God Bless the patience of CoalRidge's staff to deal with them. I don't think I could do it.

I definitely recommend you take your loved one there. When I toured, they were up front with me on they can and can't do. These other negative reviews are just not accurate. They do not even remotely represent my experience.

In Agreement With Other Poor Ratings

After reading all these comments I decided to share my experiences. My mother was not given the chance to get used to the facility and after only two weeks without implementing other calming measures or notifying me they sent her off to psych ward! If they would have had a person at the front desk, use their calming room, been more compassionate and understanding my mother would have not gone through such a horrible ordeal! Now she is at another facility that is so much more understanding and compassionate!

Not Impressed

Was not impressed! Beautiful place, but don't be fooled! Demensia unit had no activities, they laid around too much and drugged up! I had my parents remove my grandmother immediately! I am affiliated with physical therapy, and they need much improvement! The staff were not friendly or caring. No compassion what so ever!!!

Not the resort you think!

My grandparent was definitely unhappy staying at Coalridge! They con you into thinking it's like living in a resort, but after a month you will see things differently! There is never a sole at the front desk. The food sucks! The activities are poor at best! Please don't be fooled about the beauty of the place, because that it is! But it's all about the staff....totally lacking in compassion! Read some of the other reviews stating the same thing!

Be careful...

Not a very caring place for my grandparents! Beautiful, but very lacking in friendliness, food was worse than a school cafeteria, and no activities, but TV in the memory care unit! No one was ever at the from desk, so no security either!

Inn at Coal Ridge - AMAZING

AMAZING -
Upon the family visit, it was unanimous that Inn at Coal Ridge was our choice.

My mother had the luxury of living at The Inn At Coal Ridge from 2/2013 until her death 5/2014. She loved her residence there, and called it "her home". My mother did need some dressing assistance, and also mobility. Whenever she had a need the staff was always quick to respond. She received the pampering she deserved, I can't thank Coal Ridge enought for buidling such a great Assisted Living Facility in our area.

Non secure facility

We had to remove my aunt due to lack of security at this facility. A male patient exposed himself numerous times & entered my aunt's room while she was dressing.

I am confident that I made the right choice for Mom.

I was very pleased with the whole experience with the Inn at coal Ridge.
It was a very pleasant place to visit and I was glad that we chose to have my Mom live out her days there.

Great Facility

Placed my mother in this facility over a year ago and it is well staffed and maintained. Makes it easy to get your elderly person to accept as it looks like your living in a 4 star lodge or hotel. They do not accept Medicare so you have to be able to front the bill without any government aids, but no problem with medical insurance bills. Mother complains about the food selection but I have eaten there many times and it was fine. This place even has a small pub for the residents if they are allowed to partake in wine or beer.
would highly recommend

Top Notch

I have had family at The Inn since it opened! The staff is top notch, and the aids care. The quality of the activities is second to none. The food is good and plentifull. These people were an answer to a prayer for my brothers and myself!

Gorgeous looking new community

We toured this community when we were looking into senior loving options for a loved one. This place was absolutely gorgeous! It was a brand new community when we toured, everything looked very fancy, and the staff all seemed nice. However, I think how new and nice everything was honestly would have made my loved one a little uncomfortable. He's the type that would prefer something a little more worn in and comfortable.

A new lease on life for my Aunt. thank you!

A new lease on life for my Aunt. thank you!

Be Careful...Spend about a week visiting before choosing

Beautiful facility. Some of the nurses and aids are very caring. For the most part, though, the higher up staff was not warm and sensitive to the needs of my loved one. They were too much "by the book", or their words used many times were "according to the state." When it comes to dealing with elderly and all people you need to be compassionate, and sometimes that means forgoing minor rules.
Too many times when I visited, the activities, especially in the dementia unit, were very boring. Residents were constantly half asleep in front of the TV.
If you visit, you will be impressed when you first enter, but after spending a month, we were totally not impressed!

Beautiful Facility but...

Sad to say, The Inn at CoalRidge is such a pretty place, but the upper level staff is very unprofessional and very lacking in compassion for its residents. They also make many claims to deeply care about your elderly loved ones, but they clearly don't once you live there. The Inn at CoalRidge also needs to improve the activities for its residents. There was too much TV and the same activities of throwing a ball back and forth. The food served was mediocre, very bland, and not enough variety or choices. Security is very poor. Most of the time there was no one at the front desk when you entered or departed. I do want to say, though, some of the nurses and the aids are very sweet and took great care in dealing with the residents.

My Parents

Beautiful place, but looks are deceiving! The nurses are
friendly, but the ones that run the place are very unprofessional and no compassion! They need to have more activities among the residents, especially the area for the demensia and need Had a very bad experience!

Beauty and substance in assisted living at The Inn at Coal Ridge

The Inn at Coal Ridge is a beautiful facility. It has been in Wadsworth, Ohio for about two years, so unlike its major competitor in town, it sparkles and shines and is full of lovely amenities. I think most of the amenities, such as the cocktail lounge, mini-movie theater and cookie café, appeal more to family members than to the residents. However, if you can drag your resident loved one out of his or her room, these unique spaces offer creative visiting alternatives and beat just sitting in a lounge area. The food is very good (of major interest to most residents), and family and friends are welcome to partake with advance notice and for a small fee. So far, in my experience, the staff is very friendly, caring and helpful and, above all, patient with both the residents and family members. The nursing care is very good and feedback/info from family is welcomed. The activity calendar is impressive and an inner courtyard offers a lovely outdoor space (much larger than many) where summertime events and BBQs are regularly held. The Inn is not inexpensive, but I found it less expensive than facilities in my county of residence and competitively priced with other AL residences in the Wadsworth area. It is definitely worth a visit!

The first place I visited. ...

The first place I visited. Beautiful, interesting, serene. I liked the idea of the enclosed patios. The residents seemed pretty happy, but I didn't see a lot of interaction between them. Might be because of the time of day. Meals and other amenities were appealing. Seemed just a little bit too much for Dad. Just my opinion.

At The Inn at CoalRidge we are committed to delivering the best in senior assisted living. With a caring, professional, and friendly team, our goal is to ensure that each resident receives the utmost in personalized care and services. We treat your loved ones as our “Mothers and Fathers, Grandmothers and Grandfathers”.

These values are ingrained throughout the organization and are felt by every resident who joins our community. Our team is focused on making each resident’s experience unique and fulfilling. Seniors feel at home in a warm, caring atmosphere and feel safe in comfortable, quality surroundings. Our facility is independently owned and operated and residents and families are encouraged to communicate directly with the decision makers every day.

Residents choose their own day-to-day activities from many options, spending time as they please, maintaining independence and dignity. They interact with one another through planned activities, quiet conversation or during meals. Strong relationships are formed with one another, as well as with our caring staff.

Choice, community, excellence, and a warm homelike atmosphere all make up a philosophy that works. At The Inn at CoalRidge we’re dedicated to not only offering the best in senior assisted living but also providing the kind of place you’d love to call home. Come be a part of our family!