Brookdale Barberton - Barberton, OH

Brookdale Barberton - Barberton, OH has yet not published prices.

street map for Brookdale Barberton - Barberton, OH

My experiences

A bit about my personal experiences. At one point, did not keep track of my relative and left them outside for multiple hours, in the beginning of July, while they were wearing long sleeve clothing. That relative became lethargic and had to go to the hospital. My family and I would visit frequently. On several occasions we discovered our relative wearing the same clothes multiple days in a row. For instance, we'd come on Sunday, and then when we came again on Wednesday, the relative was wearing the same exact thing.

Nice and Quiet

My brother has done a complete turn a round in his health at Brookdale Barberton. They took him off a lot of the medications he was previously taking and he has stopped smoking and is doing really well now. Most of the staff are pretty good. We've had some issues with housekeeping. We had to ask for a vacuum on different occasions and do most of the cleaning of his room ourselves. I do not know if they are understaffed or what the issue is. My brother wasn't very keen on the meals provided. They did offer other choices if he did not like the food offered. The activity director was quite good, she would try to get them involved and entertained. Outside there is a garden in the courtyard and they can sit there and on the front porch. It is a calm and small quiet community. I also want to add that I highly recommend A Place For Mom. [Removed] my senior advisor responded so quickly in helping me get my brother a place to stay.

Enjoyed the tour!

Everything was good here and they gave us a good tour. We just did not like that the apartment was not as big and did not have some of the features that we were looking for. the people were helpful and they were knowledgeable.

Great activity program!!

This community has a wonderful activity program, they keep the residents busy all throughout the day with various activities and often take them off campus to different field trips. My loved one has felt right at home and very comfortable in his new living environment. He is also enjoying the meals they serve as well as the company of the other residents.

GREAT PLACE

I really enjoyed going to visit my father there. The staff is great. I appreciate their responsiveness to my questions I had.

the staff has been wonderful here. They go extra to make sure your loved one is taken care of and treated well. Everything is clean and fresh it gives a positive feel when you walk in.

Friendly and accommodating staff

Things have gone very well with Sterling House so far, they've done a great job. They really go the extra mile to make sure that the residents needs are met. My loved one has some specific care needs, and they've been more than accommodating when it comes to working with us to get them taken care of.

Dark...

Dad was a too bad off for assisted living, they were not very clean, rooms were small and dark, not somewhere I would like to live. They do not have the nursing home. We like this the least.

The Director knew nothing of the appt...

The Director knew nothing of the appt. but was glad to show me around. Very nice place, but they were not medicade approved. I do have to keep that in mind. Plus there is a waiting list. She did give me a name of a nearby community who is medicade approved. All in all a good visit.

This place was very nice.

This place was very nice.

Sterling House was amazing. Director...

Sterling House was amazing. Director and her staff were wonderful. I know my aunt would be well taken care of and I think she will love it there.

Very professional. An aid there showe...

Very professional. An aid there showed me all around and answered all my questions. The place was clean and the tenents were friendly and I was impressed.

Brookdale Barberton is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Sterling House include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected