Elmcroft of Medina - Medina, OH

No kitchenettes in units, not impressed with facility.

Our visit

The people we met were nice and the community looked clean. This is a nice community and we considered it, however their apartments did not offer the kitchenette that my loved one was looking for.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your tour and had a positive experience with us. We are sad to hear you went a different direction.

Likes very much

All of them are very helpful. My mom seems to like it there.
She was living by herself until she had to go there. She likes the games and activities they have. Food is also excellent when you have you choice to eat.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind words! We work very hard to create the best environment possible for our residents!

I toured!!

When I toured Elmcroft, I thought it was a nice place with nice people. What I did not like was that it was a bit crowded and not as locked down.

Megan Strothman

We are glad you enjoyed your tour!

Very nice facility. [Removed] was great. Studios are a nice size. Offered to furnish the room temporarily if needed. Very accommodating.

Nice Staff!!

The layout of the community did not convince me very much. I also couldn't feel that warm family feeling that i wanted to feel when i walked in there. My tour was very quick but all the activities, amenities and meal plans were explained to me. The tour guide did a good job and was very knowledgeable. During the tour the community was up-kept and clean.

We found the facility adequate, room was as expected in size. We were concerned that there was not a variety in ages. Also the feeling of being locked in bothered us.

Professional Staff

This is a wonderful community, I am very happy with my father's move here. He seems to be doing well and is still adjusting. The community looks good, and is very clean and nice. The staff is very professional and kind. They offer good activities for the residents, and they are very encouraging with the residents. It has a very homey feel, and a very professional staff. I would recommend this community.

Friendly, communicative staff!

Our experience with Elmcroft of Medina has been a good one, overall! The people here are very friendly, and they were a big help throughout the whole touring and move-in process. They really went out of their way to answer my questions and show me the sort of care they could provide my loved one. It's a very nice looking place, and they seem to take good care of the people who live here!

I've heard wonderful things about the care from the staff. Unfortunately my mother preferred having her own kitchenette and more storage at another facility with more room space as well. Unfortunately Elmcroft doesn't even provide for a mini fridge and not enough storage in the bathroom or living area in their studio rooms.

Very nice staff. Halls and ...

Very nice staff. Halls and rooms felt a little stuffy.

Not the best administration...

Not the best administration. They missed my appointment and handled my visit poorly. I turned tail and didn't take a tour. Would you trust your family member with a group that wasn't attentive to detail, missed the appointment and were poor communicators? Manager was defensive instead of quickly admitting they made a mistake. It's a several hundred thousand dollar outing for my mother and they made a poor impression.

Just OK

My husband was there while I had surgery. They weren't taking good care of him. They had not kept up to date on his Parkinson's medication. They might have missed the fact that he had Parkinson's, I don't know. When my son took him home, we had to take him to the Medina hospital, and for three days we tried to bring him back to life. He is walking good now. He was pleased with it while he was there, so I would say Elmcroft is fair. It was nice that they had an opening immediately for him, but we didn't think it was excellent.

Nice, friendly, some odors, residents...

Nice, friendly, some odors, residents looked to be zombie-ish.

Clean, friendly staff, too much like ...

Clean, friendly staff, too much like assisted living and nursing home.

Elmcroft of Medina is located one mile north of Medina, Ohio’s historic and picturesque public square. Within walking distance of Elmcroft, Medina Square offers unique shops and fine restaurants, surrounded by restored Victorian architecture. Medina’s Reagan Park is also nearby, offering residents the opportunity to enjoy nature’s beauty.

Elmcroft of Medina Ohio is an assisted living and Alzheimer’s Care community offering accommodations for those who may require assistance in their daily living activities. It is staffed 24 hours a day with trained healthcare personnel and offers as much or as little care as a resident may want or need. In addition, Elmcroft of Medina has a licensed Health Care Director on call 24 hours a day.

Elmcroft of Medina features a full sprinkler system and each apartment is equipped with an emergency call system that may be used whenever the need arises. In addition, all exterior doors may be locked so that a secure environment can be maintained.