Aunt Doing Well In This Community

My aunt is living in the independent living portion of this community. So far everything is working out well, and I'am comfortable with her move here. This is a nice community with kind people. The staff is kind, and friendly. So far we have not had any problems with this community, and I would recommend it.

Not always impressed

My parent has been here for about a year and I'm not totally impressed. The office staff is very helpful, but the nursing staff don't usually want to be bothered to check on your parent for you, if your parent is in the independent part. The kitchen staff is more helpful! They are working on cleaning up and painting more. The pictures shown are the nicer rooms, so please be sure to see both independent and assisted care rooms!
They do have a fair amount of activities for the residents but not quite enough for those who are still fairly mobile.

I was not impressed!

The staff I met during my tour was nice. I did get a slight scent from this community during our visit. The community was nice looking. I was not impressed with this community.

Good Move For Us, Very Nice Community

My husband and I am doing very well here at this community. I really love all the staff, they are always willing to help. They are very friendly and helpful. I would have to say they have the best house keeping. They do a very good job with keeping the community neat and tidy. There are many activities available for the residents, they have nice selection too choose from. They do serve well balanced meals. I would recommend this community, it has worked out very well for us.

A tour for mom

I was happy with this tour. The staff were great and they answered alot of the questions they offered for my mom. The activities would of been a good fit. The rooms were clean and well taken care of. I think this would of been a good choice and I do recommend this community.

A little make over :)

The place is a good place for the ones we love, and they are very welcoming. I just think it could use a little makeover so that when we bring the loved ones there they do not feel like they are walking directly into a motel atmosphere. Just some new paint, new fixtures, updated look. I personally was a little nervous when we first got there, and was looking for the quality of care to outweigh the overall look. Which it did so we went with it. Doesn't have to be a fancy place to attract good beautiful people, just a little update :)
Thank you for being so good to our loved ones... they deserve it.

Independent Living Fine, Personal Care, Beware

Beware and be available to constantly monitor your loved one's care. Residents taken outside for fire drills in winter time with no shoes or coat. Residents walking to dining room without shoes. Clothing missing from room. Falsification of staff claiming to be nurses. Incorrect orders for medications. Sheets not changed for one month. I could go on. This facility went to the dumps, poor communication with family and then "secrets" about your loved one shared only if you question care. There are a few very caring individuals in this facility but they do not balance the poor care.

My mother has been at Colonial Lodge ...

My mother has been at Colonial Lodge for six years. It is a very new independent living community. It is very clean and meals are good. The staff is always friendly and helpful. It has beautiful porches for residents in summer and many activities.

In the months that my mother has resi...

In the months that my mother has resided at Colonial Lodge she had developed many friends. Actually, they are more like family. I, as her daughter, have also developed a strong bond, trust and comfort knowing my mother is in a safe environment. Knowing that my mother is happy means everything to me. I would highly recommend Colonial Lodge to anyone looking for a home for their loved one.

The Colonial Lodge is a great place t...

The Colonial Lodge is a great place to live. I've lived here for 1 year and have found that the staff is very helpful, caring and friendly. They make you feel welcome and attend to your every need. the food is very tasty and the cleaning of the rooms and laundry are done quickly and professionally. I would recommend this place to anyone. I really like it here. I'm 94 years young.

I moved here about 9 months ago from ...

I moved here about 9 months ago from NC and felt at home in a few days. The help is fantastic. The food good and plenty. Cleanliness very good, lovely grounds, country type setting. Carefree living 100%. Nurse, doctor, med techs - Tops!

My dad has been living at Colonial Lo...

My dad has been living at Colonial Lodge for a year. We are satisfied with the services.The room is spacious and homey. The property has porches and green spaces. the staff have all been very friendly and helpful. The residents seem friendly, carefree and happy. As a daughter I could not ask for more for my father. Would recommend Colonial to anyone.

Not impressed

We toured this location when we were looking into options for my loved one. I wasn't too impressed by the tour here, the place seemed a bit run down and wasn't particularly clean. They seemed to have a larger population of male residents with high care needs, which I didn't really feel would be the best fit socially for my loved one.

best of three

This was the best of three places I toured. However it didn’t meet all my standards of cleanliness expected in a community. Also, there was not a lot of staff involvement and interaction with the residents. A lot of the residents looked blank and were sitting down. There didn’t seem to be a lot of stimulation for the residents. The community did offer some opportunities to go out, possible to Walmart. Colonial seemed bright in terms of lighting coming into the community.

Would not recommend

We toured this location when we were looking into options for our loved one. We really were not impressed, it was just awful. It didn't look clean, and was generally just dark and dreary. It looked like all of the residents were just parked sitting around in wheelchairs sleeping or drooling all day, there was no activity at all from what we saw.

It was fine, she seemed very happy there and the help was very accommodating.

It was fine, she seemed very happy there and the help was very accommodating. She had almost a whole year there, before she went into the hospital and had to go to a nursing home. She didn't really participate in the activities she wasn't able to really join in. Their housekeeping could have been a tad better, it was never filthy, it's just an older building, maybe building maintence, they always did come and repair if there was any problem, like with her toilet or something. It's an old building and maybe needs some TLC. The staff was great. They all loved her they were friendly and everything. We did eat there twice, the first time the food was excellent the second time just wasn't as good as the first time, but she never complained about the food. They seemed to take care of all of her needs and went out of their way to make sure she was ok including outfitting her with a call button to call the nurse if she needed to, she sometimes would fall, so if she fell she could call someone.

Overall very good, and a good price

This is just a temporary stay for my loved one, but they are doing a good job. The staff have all been very friendly, and it's a nice clean facility. The care is very good for the price, which was one of our main concerns.

Colonial Lodge Community is a warm, caring, homelike community for individuals desiring personal care services or carefree independent living.

Our care is designed to enhance personal independence and dignity. Our residents are ordinary people working, socializing and living together. Everyone is encouraged to use his or her unique talents and gifts.

The experienced and trained staff provides compassionate care for our residents and enables them to live with as much personal independence as possible. Residents enjoy complete freedom to leisurely come and go as they please in our senior living facility.