Chapman Place - Fort Wayne, IN

Chapman Place - Fort Wayne, IN has yet not published prices.

Beautiful place, great staff. Mom would have loved the birds; however, the units are too small for mom. She also does not like elevators, so this is not a good fit for mom.

The visit went extremely well. Really clean friendly, and the patients seemed well cared for and happy to be there. This is a place I would like to be.

Treat you like family

This is a fantastic community. Each employee goes above and beyond for their residents and the leadership staff is such a delight to work with in regards to my parents. I couldn't be happier with my decision!

Very Pleased With This Community

We are very pleased with the community so far. My mother in law seems to have settled in very well and is keeping very busy with the activities they have here. She is being very social and enjoying the other residents. She loves the food here. The staff is amazing they are so friendly and nice and they call and keep us updated with how she is doing and let us know if any concerns.

Good Expereince Overall

I toured this community for my mother, and her needs. It was a good tour. The community looked nice, and well-kept. The staff was friendly, and my questions were answered. It was a good experience, but I did find another community that suited out needs better.

Care for my family.

The care at this community is good. The staff is nice and caring. The staffed allowed a dog at a additional cost, now they want her to not have the dog with her and we have paid extra.The community is clean and maintained. The menu is appealing and is happy in socializing. We are happy with her being involved. We would recommend the care and value of this community. to other families

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your confidence in us; we appreciate your feedback! Our goal is to provide the best possible experience for our residents and families, so please don't hesitate to reach out to our Executive Director with your concerns. Thanks!

Nightmare Experience

We did not have a good experience in this community, It was a nightmare. This community is more of an independent community. They are a no hands on staff, they provided light assistance, but nothing major. I wish they would had been more up front about the care they were able to provide. They were very under staffed, and many times I had to go all over the community to find a staff member. It is a nice looking community, but it was not the right fit for my mother, and her needs.

SLC Midwest

We appreciate your feedback, and were sorry to hear that your time at Harbour Assisted Living of Fort Wayne was not a five-star experience. We practice an open-door policy, and would love to hear any additional thoughts or comments you may have. Please feel free to reach out to our Executive Director at [removed]. Thank you.

Harbour is a nice place if your loved one does not require any care.
There is a great lack of staffing for that.
Harbour is a better fit for someone just looking for a safe place for their loved one to live and they can function completely on their own.

A tour for care for dad

I toured this community. I was happy with the staff. The community did not have a layout that would work for my father. The meals appeared to be good. I would suggest families tour this community for care for a loved one.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review! We strive for constant improvement and appreciate your input.

Care and comfort for mom

My mom is in this community. This is a good location. I found this to be the older community. The staff is outstanding and caring. The meals there are good, but they need more variety to choose from. They do offer a lot of nice activities to those who want and can participate. I would recommend the over all care and value to other families for the care of a loved one.

A Wonderful Experience Here

It has been a wonderful experience for us here at this community. They are caring for her very well. Any concerns I've had they are very quick to respond. She is getting involved in the community with the activities offered. The staff is good, they are trying their best. I would say they need more of a variety of foods to choose from, but my mother is okay with the food. She is doing pretty well, and I'am satisfied so far.

RUN AWAY

Tell me why does a place go from NON-SMOKING PREMISE TO SMOKING!!! Which is a health risk not only for your family members but also exposes the workers, Who does this!!!!!! Getting an attorney and pulling my loves out!!!!
I guess they don't care what cigarettes do to your loves Health they could care less. I think that the person who changed this should be FIRED! Now the property is starting to look like a truck stop with cigarette buds everywhere it's disgusting and I had to walk by the smoke to go in to visit and I have Asthma!

SLC Midwest

The Harbour at Fort Wayne strives to provide the best possible living environment for our residents, and the best possible working environment for our employees. Within our building we have a strict, 100%, no smoking policy for everyone, whether resident, employee, or visitor. Like many senior communities, we do provide an outdoor break area in which our on-duty employees are allowed to smoke if so desired. Unlike many other senior living environments, our area is located no less than approximately 204 feet from the entrance to our building, just off of the extreme far end of our parking lot, so as not to lie along the path of any residents, visitors, or employees coming to or from The Harbour. The area includes a picnic table and fire-proof receptacle, and it is also available for residents or visitors who desire to use it. Residents and family members can always give us their feedback on any aspect of our operations in writing or in a face-to-face meeting with our management. We value and welcome this feedback, and regularly use it in our commitment to making continuous ongoing improvements to our environment and operations.

Caring, communicative staff

Our experience with Harbour Assisted Living has been a very good one, so far! The people here are caring and professional, and I appreciate that they do such a good job keeping families in the loop. The facility is clean and well kept, and they're just taking great overall care of my loved one.

Top Notch Assisted Living Care at the Harbour Assisted Living

We were very satisfied with the care my Dad received at The Harbour Assisted Living/Fort Wayne. The staff was excellent with every aspect of his care. Great food was served and many activities kept my Dad busy throughout his 12 day stay. Thanks to A Place for Mom for recommending it o us.

Just the Best Place you can Find

My mother lived with my husband and me for 5 months when we realized she could not live alone following her hip replacement. We discovered soon that she was a wanderer and went through weeks of nearly sleepless nights as we were so nervous about her leaving or falling down stairs. Finally, we called "A Place for Mom," and they hooked us up immediately with Harbor. I liked everything about it - our conversations on the phone, the photos on-line, the attitudes of the staff, including Sally Sharp, the Director and April, who runs the memory care unit.
We moved her back to Indiana from our home in Massachusetts, so had never been to Harbor until we took her there. It was so beautiful and comfortable from the beginning. I liked that the room was small and felt cozy. she was immediately at home.
Over the three years that Mom has lived there (since January 2013), we have been so happy with her care, and I make a point of telling the staff that all the time. We are so far away from her that I need to know they are providing the best care possible.
When she broke her hip replacement last May, one of the staff members visited her in rehab, which was not near Harbor. I was so impressed by that. I visited Harbor when she was in rehab, and they all told me to greet her and that they missed her. "We love your Mother," was a common thing for them to say.
I think for my mother, who is social and engaging, it is absolutely the best place I could've found for her. The staff always know me when I call, and always return my calls if I have a question. I'm so thankful that "A Place for Mom" found Harbor Assisted for me.

THis was our runner up choice. The room was a bit small and could not fit more than a bed, a dresser and a night stand. Also, the only room available was at the dead end of the hall where Dad would have to pass through the dining area where residents with high level needs (having to be fed)were. We thought this may not appeal to him. Price was attractive.

Going very well so far

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Harbour Assisted Living, they're doing an excellent job looking after our loved one. The people here are friendly and professional, and they do a great job looking out for the people who live here.

Extremely Satisfied!

So far we have been extremely satisfied. It has been very accommodating. Anything we have asked for such as linens, etc they provide it. My loved one participates in the activities. We are very pleased and happy with the Harbour Assisted Living. I would highly recommend this community because everything is 5 stars. I am glad that my loved enjoys her time here. This is a great community that offers great activities.

They are doing excellent.

I can't say enough good about them. They are doing excellent. The food is good, she loves the food, we have eaten there before and enjoyed it as well. I would rate them very highly.

New Journey

A couple months ago we moved our Dad into Harbour Assisted Living/Memory Care on Coliseum Blvd. At first it was a huge adjustment for him and our family, but "April," the 3rd-floor supervisor has made it her mission to help us settle in. As a result, several of the nurses have shown our Dad (& family) much love and precious kindness, even inviting him/us to join in on activities on other floors.

Since being at Harbour, our Dad's severe "sundowner's syndrome" has nearly disappeared. The staff has shown much care with medications and are very open to using natural remedies when applicable. Our Dad is gaining some needed weight, as he really enjoys the food. He's made several new friends and appreciates that many of the residence are up walking around more than other memory-care facilities we've visited.

At Harbour Memory Care there's a nice balance of activities, the rooms are well maintained with good housekeeping practices. The aide-to-patient staffing seems appropriate, with friendly assistance available when needed in a timely manner.

Thank you April for running such a tight ship and making such a huge difference for our Dad and the other folks at Harbour Memory Care. Your ministry will never be forgotten!

Marci Lee

You really helped

We needed to move my Mom to be close to us. She had lived her life in a small town all her life. Mom wanted a a small home but needed it to be a place that has lots of activities. After looking at several places none felt right to Mom. I called "a place for Mom." It only took one call! I told their representative what we needed to make Mom happy. She asked a couple questions then called me back the next day with three places for me to check out. One I had already looked at and knew it would not work. I called Harbour Assisted living and set up a tour that day. Driving up to Harbour Mom thought it looked nice but was afraid it was to big. When we got in everyone was very friendly and the residents were out of their rooms doing activities. The Harbour does not have long halls and looks and feels more like a home. Best of all Mom liked it ! We moved Mom in three months ago and she is happy. Which makes us very happy.
Thank you to "A place for Mom". You made finding that good fit for Mom easy.

Looked like good patient care.

The common areas looked pretty good here, but the private areas were a little less appealing and smaller. It did look as though they had some really good patient care.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Harbour Assisted Living at Fort Wayne. Our goal is to deliver the highest quality services and care. We are pleased to read the positive feedback on the clinical services and the common areas. While you were not as satisfied with the resident apartments we are confident that you will not be disappointed with the lifestyle. We truly appreciate any feedback. Feel free to reach out to me directly. Sally Sharp, Executive Director, [removed]

It's excellent.

It's excellent. It's a really nice place, it's wonderful. We chose them because we really liked the staff, they were really great. They were really nice, and helpful, and they still have been the whole time. We are really happy with it.

SLC Midwest

On behalf of the staff at Harbour Assisted Living of Fort Wayne, I want to thank you for sharing your experiences here in our community. We appreciate the opportunity to provide best- in- class services to your loved one in a beautiful family oriented atmosphere. Sincerely, Sally Sharp Executive Director, [removed]

Nice place, some room for improvement.

It's a nice place, it's clean, the people are very friendly. I think they are kind of understaffed, it can take a long time to respond to a call. The restaurant service takes a long time. They are trying to improve since it has been brought up. When we first moved her in, that weekend, we ate with her several times, and the food was okay, but they served potato chips with quite a few of the meals, I was a little concerned about the nutrition. Some of these things are maybe suffering a little because of managing the expenses so tightly, to be able to offer the better pricing.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your comments about Harbour Assisted Living at Fort Wayne. Our mission is to provide the best service to our residents and their families in any way we can. Our community offers a gracious family oriented atmosphere, with lounges located on each floor for residents and their guests to enjoy. Your feedback is important to us; I would like to hear more about the factors that influenced your decision for your mother, please feel free to contact me at [removed] or by email [removed]. Sincerely, Sally Sharp, Executive Director

Sherri was very nice and he...

Sherri was very nice and helpful. The apartments seemed very small and this just didn't seem to be the right place for mom.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your comments about Harbour Assisted Living at Fort Wayne. Our mission is to provide service to seniors and their families in any way we can. Our community offers a gracious family oriented atmosphere, with lounges located on each floor for residents and their guests to enjoy. Your feedback is important to us; I would like to hear more about the factors that influenced your decision for your mother, please feel free to contact me at [removed] or by email [removed]. Sincerely, Sally Sharp ED

Harbour Feels Like Home

My mother-in-law has been a resident at Harbour Assisted Living since January of 2009. She loves her daily routine at Harbour and we as a family are extremely thankful that she lives where she does.

I would first of all like to thank Sally Sharp (Executive Director) and all the staff at Harbour for what they do. They truly care about each resident and I am sure they have daily challenges beyond anything we can imagine.

The facility is clean, beautifully decorated, and warm and inviting. There are fresh flowers inside and out and the staff is friendly and works very hard to keep residents happy.

One of the highlights of each day at Harbour for residents is meals. Providing dining services at any facility must be challenging but Harbour is blessed to have Chef Javier. Meals are healthy and fresh and the garden program is an added blessing for residents living there.

I can't say enough about the Activities Department at Harbour. EXCELLENT! It is very important to keep the mind and body busy as we age and Harbour does a wonderful job of providing a nice variety of activities for their residents. Also they have wonderful programs, outings and family dinners. Our family looks forward to all the great holiday dinners that Harbour plans. The details are wonderful.... fresh flowers, linens, music.... so much work for the facility but we feel very welcome when we [removed] They make it special because they care not only about the residents but the families also.

I would like to mention the great Beauty Shop Harbour provides for residents. Mary Passino is one of the kindest gals I have every met and she does an excellent job of keeping residents looking beautiful/handsome each week.

Harbour is a jewel of a facility. No facility is perfect. Harbour has gone thru many changes just as our family member has, in the last 5 years. The important fact to note here is that Harbour is always striving to improve, make changes for the better, and they are willing to work with each family and do the best job they can for the residents.
Our family would highly recommend Harbour to anyone out there looking for a safe, loving envirornment for a family member.

SLC Midwest

We appreciate your recognition of our Chef, Javier and the Dining Service team. Our “Fresh for You” dining experience is truly a holistic approach to the lifestyle we provide for our residents at Harbour Assisted Living. Our residents have the opportunity to share their expertise in the garden, planning recipes, and giving feedback on menus. Cooking demonstrations with our chef and eating fresh from the garden dishes help make the dining experience memorable.

SLC Midwest

On behalf of the entire team at Harbour Assisted Living, I would like to thank you for taking time to share your experiences. As a family owned community, we strive to create the lifestyle that we each desire for our loved ones. The programs and amenities we offer are designed for the individual wants and needs of our residents. As our team strives to constantly improve our services, we welcome your feedback.

Great Food

My Uncle Larry truly enjoys the dining service at Harbour Assisted Living. When I talk to the Director of Dining Services, Javier Gasnarez, I sense his passion to provide to my uncle and the other residents the highest quality food and to keep the meals interesting by providing a variety of menus including innovative new food choices along with favorite comfort food classics. Javier's garden program is a wonderful activity for the residents. The residents assist with the community garden and the produce is part the their meal later in the Summer and Fall. I thank Mr. Gasnarez and his crew for making meal time the highlight of my Uncle Larry's day.

Love the Harbour staff

The staff at Harbour has been extremely helpful and friendly since the moment we first walked in the door. The whole staff knows my mom by name and gives her lots of personal attention and love. They take the time to learn about the things she likes and doesn't like. When I have walked her down for her meals, there is already a cup of coffee at her place made just the way she likes it. It is an enjoyable place to go and visit my mom and the other residents who have become her friends. Even though she isn't able to remember the things she has done, my mom does tell me how good to her everyone is. Harbour is a clean, pleasant, and aesthetically beautiful place for my mom to live. We are very pleased.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to recognize our commitment to delivering best-in-class service and care to our residents. As a family owned community, Harbour Assisted Living’s staff sees each resident as an individual who brings a lifetime of experiences for us all to share. We’re glad you have joined our family.

Facility Upkeep

As a business owner in the Fort Wayne area, we have had the opportunity to provide services at this facility on a continuing basis. The management staff is extremely friendly and very proactive when it comes to maintenance needs that affect the safety and aesthetics of this facility and the cleanliness of the residents’ rooms.

I toured this facility with my daught...

I toured this facility with my daughter and upon completion of the tour she said to me 'Grandma will not be coming here because it smells.' I don't want my family to be uncomfortable when they visit.

SLC Midwest

On behalf of the Staff at Harbour Assisted Living we sincerely regret that your visit did not meet expectations. We truly value our visitors' feedback so that we may continuously improve our service. I am sorry that your experience was not typical for our community. We pride ourselves on our excellent reputation for high quality of care and for providing an exceptional lifestyle for our residents. I would truly like to learn more about your experience, please feel free to contact me directly – Sally Sharp, Executive Director.

very nice facility, seems to have lot...

very nice facility, seems to have lots of what mom may find helpful. Staff seems nice

room size - cost - not comparable. ni...

room size - cost - not comparable. nice place, possiblity, good food, very personable