A lovely community, however it is not the local community I want. Very pleasant sales director and lovely residents.A fun environment.

Love One Doing Great

The family is comfortable with our love one move to this community. She is doing great. We know she is safe, and in good hands. The experience is going well, and we are pleased with everything they have done for our family.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for sharing your confidence in us; we appreciate your review!

Take a look

This community did not have an opening when we were looking for a place. I know someone that has a loved one living here and they seem to like it. The community seems clean.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to review Walden Place. We are happy to hear you had a positive recommendation from one of our current residents/families! Our goal is to provide a positive experience for the resident and the family when they choose to make a move to Walden Place. I will share your comment with our housekeepers they take a great amount of pride in keeping the building looking its best. I am sorry we were unable to accommodate your loved one when you needed to make a move. The openings can change sometimes in a short period of time, if we can still help please contact me at [removed].

My Tour Of This Community Went Pretty Well

My tour of this is community was a pleasant one. The community looked nice and clean. The staff was kind and very friendly. This is an assisted living community, and my in laws are still pretty independent. It was a good tour, but not the place for my in laws.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to visit and learn more about Walden Place, we are glad to hear your visit to our community was a pleasant one! Although our community may not meet the needs of your in laws at this time, we welcome an opportunity to answer any further questions you may have in the future. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly if we can be a resource to you, or include you on our mailing list for events, updates and activities at Walden Place.

Kimberly Cronk
Executive Director

A great place to live!!

I have gained 20 pounds since moving into Walden Place. The food is healthy and tastes good. The staff are friendly and help me when I need it. They keep the community clean and well maintained. I would recommend this community to family and friends.

Wonderful Community

We are so very pleased about our choice to go with the Walden Place. They really look after everyone and they remind you when it's time to take your pills and they have great activities that are fun. Love it.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your kind words, we pride ourselves on providing quality care with a focus on hospitality. Getting involved in some of the many activities here sure is a great way to spend a day!

Walden - high commitment

After researching and speaking with several people and professionals regarding eldercare and assisted living, my Mother chose Walden Place in Cortland NY. And has recently moved there.
Walden is a bright, airy, well maintained fairly new facility of assisted living. The professional staff have proven themselves attentive, caring, helpful in coordinating the best care plan and combination of assistance where Mom needs it, and independence for Mom.
There is a wide variety of activity options for the residents. The food is very very good. The housekeeping services and laundry well attended.
Always, when I walk in, there is a cheerfulness and sense of community at Walden.
I have known other families who have chosen Walden and feel similarly in Waldens intent to assist people with dignity, concern, respect and a joy for each day.
I highly recommend Walden Place.

SLC Midwest

We are delighted that we are able to meet your mother’s needs with the ability to balance her care needs with her feeling of independence. We are dedicated to being the Best in Class in our area and do strive to assist people with dignity, concern, respect and a joy for each day. We take pride in our cheerful and homey community. We are so glad that you have noticed the little things that make a big difference and we thank you for entrusting us to care for your mom!

Quite please with Walden Place.

We are so glad that we moved our Mom to Walden Place. She is very pleased with her efficiency apartment. She has her own space to enjoy by herself, or she can participate in the many activities that they offer if she wants to. She loves the fact that she has a window in her room that allows her to see folks coming and going, or just to see what the weather is doing. She also has her own heater/cooling system in her apartment for her individual comfort. We know that Mom is eating three meals per day and that she is taking her meds as needed. Mom seems quite contented at Walden Place, which makes us very happy.

SLC Midwest

We are delighted that we are able to meet your mother’s needs; ensuring that she is receiving her medications and meals each day. She has transitioned so well to community living and we enjoy having her here. Great customer service is what we strive for at Walden Place! Thank you for your confidence in us and for allowing us to care for her, we are so happy to have her as part of our Walden Place family!

We toured and made this our choice

I had looked at many places but Walden Place was the right fit. Yes, it is not cheap but I feel it is truly worth it. My mother has made the transition quite well. The staff and residents have made both my Mom and myself feel very welcome. Her one bedroom is quite nice and my Mom is very much at home there. My mother is very forgetful and the staff is great at reminding her of meals, activities and meds. I am also thrilled to have my mother so much closer to me.

SLC East

We are happy that we were able to assist in bringing your mother closer to you and are able to meet your mother’s needs. Great customer service is what we strive for at Walden Place! Thank you for your confidence in us and for allowing us to care for your mom, we are happy to have her as part of our Walden Place family.

Friendly, communicative staff

We're very pleased with how things have turned out with Walden Place so far, they do an excellent job. It is a nice looking place, and the care staff are all very friendly and professional. They've been particularly good regarding communication, they almost always respond to my emails the same day, and every time I've called they've been courteous and helpful.

SLC East

Great customer service is what we strive for at Walden Place! Thank you for your confidence in us and for allowing us to care for your loved one.

New Chapter for Dad

My brother and I agonized over putting Dad in a facility due to his advanced dementia. I live in WI and he local to this facility. Management and staff were very patient with us and our indecision. The accommodated many visits for lunch and spent a lot of time talking and planning. When my brother went on vacation, I flew out to look after Dad. In my heart I knew he needed this but it is still tough. The staff understand that and are sympathetic and compassionate. They really do bend over backwards to assist in anyway they can. The food is great, the facility is clean and care is top notch. I am so grateful we found Walden and we can rest easy knowing Dad well cared for, safe and comfortable. Strongly recommended.

SLC East

We do understand that it was a difficult decision for you and your brother. We believe that the multiple visits with your dad, leading up to the move-in day, helped your father to adjust more easily. Thank you for entrusting us with caring for your dad.

Improved Quality of Life for my Dad

Anyone reading this already knows what an emotional time this is. Making a decision to move a parent into assisted living (in our case, into the memory care u nit) is difficult. Life has been like an emotional rollercoaster, trying to get all of the family on the same page, my Mom torn between wanting to keep my Dad at home, and recognizing that she no longer can. Both A Place for Mom and Walden Place have been extremely supportive. My Dad has been at Walden Place for 2 weeks now, and he is happy. He loves all of the attention he gets there, and has commented on how nice and clean it is. My best advice to you is to visit. Once we did that, all my old notions of what it would be like were dispelled. It is bright and cheery and clean and odor-free. Although my Mom still has moments of doubt as to whether we did the right thing, I am convinced that my Dad is experiencing a better quality of life at Walden Place. And that says it all!

Grandpa Loves It Here!

I was struggling to find the perfect place for my grandfather and was thrilled to find Walden Place. He LOVES it. He has a private studio apartment, his own mailbox, and three fantastic meals a day with table service. The food is good. Really. Good. I've eaten with him. That was something that was very important to him. The staff is fantastic. The way it became affordable for us was a special veteran's benefit for those who served during a war. As a veteran of WWII, he can get an assisted living benefit. The property itself is beautiful and honestly it's worth every penny. The administrative staff have really bent over backwards to help figure out how to make it affordable. I highly recommend this place and so happy there is a place this nice in our small town.

Staff and residents very friendly, involve residents, near home

I like that everyone is very friendly. They seem to go out of their way to welcome new people. My mom had somewhat of a difficult transition. They kept trying to incorporate her, and they paired her with people who took her under their wing.

I was impressed by the fact that a lot of people were sitting in chairs in front of the facility, and were very friendly, and wanted to talk about the place. Inside, people were also very friendly.

They have quite alot of activities, but not everyone can participate in all of them. A few more activities would help more people participate.

The location is really good; it is right near where I live.

Walden Place

Walden Place has been a wonderful experience for my mother so far. The people that work there are very friendly and helpful. The residents appear to be very happy there. The food served as well as the service is very good. The activities are very person centered, and the staff running them are very engaging. My family and I are very pleased with the experience so far.

They've been excellent! My loved one ...

They've been excellent! My loved one hasn't really participated in all of the activities, but they definitely offer them. They have a wonderful calendar of events and activities. It's a little more on the expensive side compared to others, but you get a lot. They are very caring for the residents. Just seeing how they interact made it feel like it wasn't a nursing home. They genuinely care for the residents, and they always have a welcoming face on when you walk in. It's been a good experience so far.

Walden is Wonderful

We can’t say enough about Walden Place and its amazing staff. Yes the facility is clean and well kept as you would expect. And there are plenty of activities for the residents to get involved in, which you would also expect. Exercise, Bible Study, Arts and Crafts, Bingo, Field Trips, Manicures and so much more. However what you may not expect is the true passion that the staff has for its residents. Our Mother recently had a doctor’s appointment, to which she needed a ride. Walden provided her with a ride, but it didn’t stop there. Her driver walked her into the doctor’s office, she didn’t need him to, but he did. Upon picking her back up, he let her know that he had to pick up a few other residents from appointments on the way back. Knowing that they would all be missing lunch, the driver had brought a copy of the lunch menu with him. Once everyone was picked up he called into Walden Place and placed everyone’s lunch orders so that they would have a hot lunch ready for them when they got “home”. That is going above and beyond. When my husband and I were out of town and Mom had to be taken to the hospital. The staff at Walden really stepped up. They called and checked on her everyday and then contact us and let us know how she was doing. When she was released, Walden Place even went to pick her up for us. Mom loves her life at Walden. She has made many new friends and tried things that she would never have tried. Her quality of life and health have increased since moving into Walden and we have the staff at Walden Place to thank.

We would recommend Walden Place to anyone looking for an assisted living facility. It’s a loving caring environment that will enhance your life or the life of someone you care about.

Walden Place

The Walden Place assisted living facility located in Cortland NY. My family was very fortunate to be able to move my father into this community. With the slow decline of my mother we had time to research options that we thought would be viable in resolving our dilemma of how best to provide care for my father. We chose Walden Place over what we considered were lesser alternatives. Initially what struck me was how non-institutional and physically pleasant the facility was. The common areas are comfortable and inviting. The individual rooms or suites are clean and modern. Second was how positive and friendly the staff was. We felt very welcomed by everyone connected to Walden Place from the administrators to the maintenance staff, the care givers to the dining personnel. This has continued to be the case. Everyone is very attentive and helpful. I believe that the employees take pride in their community. I enjoy the idea of having my parent reside in a safe and positive environment. He has options for activities should he choose to participate. Medical assistance is close by and there are people to engage with. I would recommend Walden Place for your consideration

My 92-year-old father recently moved into Walden Place in Cortland, NY. I cannot say enough about how pleased and relieved I am to have him surrounded by such caring and competent staff, as well as friendly residents. Walden Place is set in a rural area yet is very close to shopping. The physical environment is bright, fresh, and well-appointed, activities and outings are plentiful, and the three daily meals are wholesome and delicious. What impresses me the most, though, is the number and quality of staff, both clinical and non-clinical, who continually engage with all residents - stopping by to remind them of activities, rounding twice during the night, keeping track of medical appointments, medications, and needed lab work, and providing transportation to appointments. This inclusive approach is a very different model than the retirement complex from which my dad moved in Florida. Not only am I happy that my father now lives close by, I can rest assured that he is in good hands. I can’t thank Walden Place enough!

Walden Place offers an active lifestyle with premier services and amenities-- in a warm family, oriented community.

We realize that you are looking for a community that offers the services of a well respected Assisted Living community, but we want to offer you more. We want to preserve your independence, offer companionship, and honor your privacy. You'll have the freedom to hop on the Walden Place shuttle & remain active, find a companion who likes to play cards, sing or even dance during a live entertainment performance, or try a new recipe! You'll find friendships and other people to visit with, if you choose. However, your private apartment home decorated with your personal treasures will offer a sanctuary of quiet and relaxation. The choice is yours...and once you decide to join the Walden Place family, you too will say, "Why did I wait so long?"

Legacy Court –Memory Care Services for Alzheimer’s, Dementia & memory impairments

Cortland’s only social model special care program for those with early to mid-stage Alzheimer’s disease, in a separate, secure, wellness-focused neighborhood. Old-fashioned, know-your-name service is just the beginning. Walden Place caregivers pay particular attention to the likes and dislikes of each resident and care plans match individual needs and abilities. Personal care assistance includes step-by step cueing, bathing, hygiene assistance, grooming, and incontinence management.

Well-trained staff members care deeply and foster independence by offering purposeful activities that promote self-esteem and creativity. Music therapy and pet therapy programs promote positive emotions & visitors are encouraged to participate.

Short-term Stay