Clarks Summit Senior Living - Clarks Summit, PA

I would not recommend this community

When mom first moved in the food was good and then it started to decline. The staff were not very good. The caregivers were not making sure mom was receiving her medication. She fell and no one checked to see how she was when they picked her up. They did offer hardly any entertainment or activities.

Five Star Reviews

At Clarks Summit, it is our goal to exceed expectations for all our residents and families. I am the Regional Director of Operations and was sorry to read this was not your experience. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you regarding your observations. Please contact me through the community to set up a time to discuss your concerns. I am confident we will open the communication needed to continue providing quality care as well as stay focused on consistent and ongoing improvement. Kind regards -- Wendy.

Very nice place

Clarks Summit Senior Living does a fantastic job overall! The staff here are careful, thorough, and polite, they take wonderful care of the people who live here. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they've got plenty to offer in terms of services and activities. I'd give them top marks across the board, I am very pleased with it.

Friendly, caring staff

I think they did a good job overall at Clarks Summit Senior Living. Whenever I would visit the staff would recognize me and greet me by name. The entire place just had a very warm, friendly atmosphere. You could tell the staff really care about the residents, they always seemed very focused and engaged. They could have been a bit more attentive to my loved one's blood sugar levels, however.

NEGLECT OF DUTIES

This place is nothing but nonsense. Over priced and their activities are bingo called by them, a 1980s exercise video, and a singer once a month. Not to mention the childish staff always on their cell phones. Their food is all premade frozen garbage, employee morale is garbage as well resulting from these poor people being overworked and underpaid. If you want to spend 5 grand to have your loved one miserable go for it. I had a loved one here for awhile and we were told to get a 24 hour aid because as I quote"we don't have the time or staff to deal with all ____s needs." That's pretty low considering you accepted the admission and promised top of the line care. Not to mention the lazy house keeping staff who can clean and are always in the smoking area. Dirty carpets that are avoided during the tour, no towels, no tp. As a loved one I shouldn't have to ask for these things!!! Worst over priced facility ever!!!! Don't let there catchy talk drag you in.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you taking the time to write a review about Clarks Summit Senior Living. I apologize for the experience you and your loved one had at our community. Clarks is 100% committed to providing the most value we can without compromising the care of our residents need and demand. We do have multiple care levels and residents with varying needs. If and when the time should come that a resident needs additional assistance, it is discussed with the resident, family and their healthcare providers. This is to protect the health and safety of the resident. This is their home, and we would never recommend additional assistance and or additional skilled services unless the resident’s safety and well-being was at risk. I would like to spend some time with you to address all of your concerns with the care and attention that they deserve.

Kolia Perez, Executive Director, Clarks Summit Senior Living

Very good job, overall

My loved one hasn't been here too long, but so far they appear to be doing a very good job overall. The staff are all very friendly, and they do a great job at engaging with all of the residents and really getting to know everyone. They also look like they have a good variety of activities, although my loved one doesn't really participate.

An excellent organization

So far they seem to be doing a good job. The facility itself always appears well kept and clean, and the staff and residents always seem friendly. I'd like to see them have a bit more variety when it comes to activities, and work a little harder when it comes to getting the residents involved.

Placement of Step Dad

Investigated three facilities and found the Clarks Summit Senior Living not only the nicest but the most reasonably priced. Staff was very helpfull at all leves.
My step Dad has been in the facility for a few weeks now and is adjusting slowly. This is a chalange for him as he has lived alone for 9 years and lived out in the country. On top of that he does not drive.
We find the the food is wonderful, the staff is always there to assist is needed and the residents are friendly. His room is very nice and allows for privacy.
All in all he could not be in a better place.

Clarks Summit Senior Living is proudly owned by Five Star Quality Care. For the past 11 years our friendly and caring staff are available to assist residents 24 hours a day. Located in the prestigious Abington's across from the Scranton Country Club, Clarks Summit Senior Living has beautiful landscaped grounds that have received two Scranton Chamber of Commerce Pride and Progress Awards of their design and maintenance. Our community's interior features beautiful woodwork and traditional decor that resembles a five-star hotel, yet, we were built with seniors in mind and include all special safety features you would expect.

At Clarks Summit Senior Living, you'll feel right at home from your very first visit. Life at Clarks Summit Senior Living is a chance to enjoy health and wellness, where everyday brings a new experience.

From the nutritious, gourmet restaurant-style dining to our full calendar of exciting events, Clarks Summit Senior Living lifestyle is all about choice, and it's all about you.

Clarks Summit Senior Living is proud to offer a wide array of exciting amenities designed for the way you like to live.