The Haven at Springwood - York, PA

The Haven at Springwood - York, PA has yet not published prices.

Investigating places for my mother. Had a great tour of the Haven at Springwood: saw 2 rooms, spoke with staff and patients; all very friendly. Marketing Director very friendly and helpful. Facility clean and bright. Very impressed.

This is a beautiful facility, warm and welcoming as were theTeam who took me on the tour. The clients appeared at ease and content, and the unit that was available was just lovely. Since it was not a secured facility, it was not a fit, but they suggested other options, which we will be looking into shortly. Wonderful experience!

The services offered are at par with most re laundry, food, activities, cleaning etc. Rooms were smaller than some. Bathrooms were large. Rent is okay but the level of care and how they will assess that can be very costly here and not enough other pluses to warrant the rent just because a newer facility. The facility is clean. But we did not really see residents moving around like we did in other places. This is a multi-level facility so mom will need to be comfortable with that. The halls are so big that it takes away from room size and angles are confusing. The halls were almost too wide and not enough seating in visiting areas. Almost too much of a clinical look. The dining room was nice and menu looks adequate. I dont think there were enough positives to offset the small room size. There are so many open spaces with no purpose. Would have been better to put more of that space into the rooms. I was told the hallways are like that so that 2 people can pass easily, but I never thought that a problem in other places. And it was one of the higher priced facilities. They pointed out during our pre meeting that they have lots of chairs for residents to sit if they need to take a break while walking. But I saw some chairs but certainly not enough. I think all the wideness and open space could be confusing to some elderly persons. It was almost like they werent finished decorating. This is a newer facility but that is probably its biggest plus.

Knowledgeable tour guide!!

I toured The Haven at Springwood. I had a good tour, the person that took me around was friendly and helpful. The place was clean and maintained well. It was a good experience to tour, but not the best fit for my mother.

Friendly Tour

I had a good tour of this community, everything went well. This is a nice community, and from what I saw they do a good job with the cleanliness of the facility. The staff was courteous, and friendly. I would recommend the assisted living portion, but not the memory care portion.

It is a very nice place from looks, but is severely under staffed and disorganized. The help always seems overloaded and overwhelmed but the daily operations. Many daily services are often left undone (bed making, cleaning, personal showering), due to the lack of help. Also dietary orders from physicians go unfollowed as they can not make people follow them, IE: a diabetic can eat anything on the menu with no one monitoring their diet order.

Katie McHale

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Milestone Retirement's support center. Our operations team is working diligently to bring new improvements to The Haven at Springwood, and your feedback helps immensely.

I've shared your feedback with the Regional Director of Operations for further review.

Katie - Digital Marketing - Milestone Retirement

Clean nice place!

The Haven at Springwood was a very nice place to tour. It was definitely a hard choice to make. The place was very clean and well maintained. The tour guide was on time, very friendly, and knowledgeable.

Used to be a fantastic place but new ownership has ruined it. The food is terrible. They give you a better meal when you visit than you actually get when you live there. They have also cut down the number of aides to assist those that live here. Sometimes we wait over an hour after hitting the call bell. Activities is great and provides alot of different activities.

Katie McHale

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Milestone Retirement's support center. I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience at Haven at Springwood. I can assure you that our operations and dietary are working very hard to improve The Haven at Springwood's programming. We'd love for you to come back to the community and see our changes as we continue to improve our service.

Katie - Digital Content - Milestone Retirement

I Think It's Fabulous

I'm happy with the care this community gives to my mom. They have helped her get comfortable to her new environment. So far they are doing a wonderful job. I think the food is alright and I hope my mom will too. The facility is a beautiful place and they keep it clean for the residents. I would mention this community to family and friends.

Very Nice Place

We have no complaints about this community. We are happy we chose this one. The staff is very friendly. The place is very clean. They are currently revamping their activities for the residents which is awesome. We have eater here several times and the food is very good. Overall we would recommend this community to anyone.

Multiple family members live there

My Great Aunt lives in this community. I know she really likes it there. She likes it so much her other 2 sisters have moved in as well. The community is located conveniently to all the family. It is worth checking out.

Good respite care option

We used this community for a brief respite stay, and overall I thought they did a good job. My loved one really seemed to enjoy himself, and I got a much needed break! It is a nice looking, clean community, and all of the staff were very friendly. They are definitely worth a look, if you are looking into senior care in the area!

Nice place!

Overall I think they do a great job here at The Haven at Springwood! It's got a very friendly atmosphere, the staff are all very caring and kind and always willing to help! I've also heard good things about the food, my loved one seems to enjoy it! Overall she just seems content here, and we're very pleased with the service!

The Haven at Springwood

Mom felt welcome from the start. She is active for several hours a day whichis a big change from before she moved in. They have activities throughout the day set a well-designed for senior citizens.she enjoys the food and the company she now has. her health has improved and her attitude on life is fantastic. .

Looked nice

We toured this location when we were looking into care options for our loved one. This was a very nice looking facility, and everyone was very friendly, however we didn't think it was set-up quite as well for memory care patients as others we looked at. It was a bit too large, so navigating it would have been difficult for our loved one. We also did not like that it only had a single large dining room where you picked your own seating.
They also did not seem quite as well prepared during the tour as others we saw.

We were very impressed by this facili...

We were very impressed by this facility. It seems to be well maintained, offers nutritious meals and provides many activities and services to the residents. Many of the male residents gather together in the lounge area making it easy for our dad to meet people.

toured april 4. this could ...

toured april 4. this could be an option. not too sure at this time they have care needed for mom. they have plans for a dementia unit in the near future.

The Haven at Springwood offers a safe, secure environment with delicious meals, great activities, beautiful apartments, and varying levels of care provided by licensed staff as needed.