Broadmore Senior Living at York - York, PA

Small Home Like Place and Great Staff

I can not say enough good things about this facility. The staff is warm and inviting. My mother in law lives at Broadmore, and we are very happy she is there. After she fell, we weren’t sure what we were going to do. The move in process was easy, and the management staff has been very supportive and helpful. My mother in law is the happiest she has been in years. We see her out walking now and interacting with staff and other residents, there is always something to do. The nursing staff have very hard jobs, but they are helpful and very pleasant. My mother in law is a very picky eater. She doesn’t enjoy meat, but she will tell you that she is happy with the meals and options. I would recommend this place to anyone.

PRICE GOUGERS OUT TO NICKEL AND DIME

Beware: this facility is a money oriented rather than people oriented facility. We now pay almost nursing home rates !!!!! I am missing the former Executive Director who took the time to listen to us and the former nursing director who wasn’t a [removed]. My family member is paying astronomical prices for crap care, we are in the process of finding a new place to live for my loved one. TRUST ME POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS: there are too many places like this around to settle for one so overpriced!!! Do your homework before choosing a facility

Beware, Minimal Staffing, Horrible Food Service, Mixups

Mom is safe there and able to get assistance from a call button. Sometimes it takes too long. The food has gone downhill. A corporate dietician determines meals. Now using a menu system. No written menu. Witnessed nursing aides telling residents what is on menu, 2 main choices with alternative being a hotdog, hamburger or deli sandwich. Last time I saw mom eating one of their sandwiches the bread was so stale she was having difficulty holding the sandwich without it falling apart. One night they were offered entrees of pizza or turkey pot pie (Amish style). Mom chose the pizza as did the other 2 ladies and a side salad. The salad bowl was very small, the size of a desert bowl you may see at a all you can eat place. The pizza was 1/2 of a frozen personal size pizza,served cold and cold after reheating. All ladies complained. One telling me the food there is lousy and wont do any good to complain. "Dietician" is not providing balanced meals. Diebetics shouldnt be having a meal of carbs and lettuce. Normal dining room staff gone, aides taking meal orders, serving and cleanup. Think there is a staffing issue. No Director yet. And management team changes. 2 people have been there for the time my mom has been there. Others in nursing, overall Director, Activities Director, and Marketing Director have changed several times. Problems with coordination of medications between facility and OMnicare has not been resolved after repeated attempts with both parties. And mom is being charged for their mistakes. Have had issues making sure mom's care has been provide correctly from the beginning. Mom had no running water to take a shower and then no hot water in first week. One aide has been repeatedly rude to mom, one ignored moms page when she fell recently and was standing outside her door, one pulled off mom's sheets from her bed as a way of encouraging mom to walk to her meals and returned them without laundering them. More and more problems. With the change in personnel in critical positions, difficult. They also keep all records manually including contact info. Have repeatedly contacted me on the wrong phone number. No database or central computer system for patient records. Have witnessed staff working on records like it was an urgent project. Should be done daily. Moms laundry is not done weekly like she is paying for it to be done. What I have heard from other family members, they have transferred family members to Broadmore becuase of the same thing happening elsewhere. When I read positive reviews I can only assume that family members are not there enough to witness these things or the resident simply doesnt speak up. Someone at mom's table last night told me the food is lousy and doesnt do any good to complain. She ate her pizza cold. Horrible! For rent well over $3000 plus a care package, residents should be offered better meals at the very least.

My mom is so happy there.

My mom is so happy there. I haven't had any extra charges, to me it's well worth it The people treat her wonderful and that's worth more than any amount of cash. The food is good, the people are helpful to her. It's just been a good experience for me, and my mom. She was tired the first couple of days she was there she was tired from walking back and forth to her room, so now she just stays down after breakfast and stays busy all day long. They took them riding around looking at Christmas lights and she just thought that was wonderful. Her room has never been dirty when I've gone in. They wear a necklace with a button around their neck in case they fall and one in the bathroom. The housekeeping could be a little better she had no towels in her bathroom this time when I visited they took the towels out and didn't replace them, and twice she has had no toilet paper. If I tell someone they will fix it. It was small only houses 70 or so residents and all on one floor and basically is a circle so if you walk the hallway it goes in a circle and you will end up back where you started.

The patient to aide ratio was lacking.

The patient to aide ratio was lacking. There wasn't enough help.Things seemed to take forever even to get an aspirin. A little more help would have been good. I was very pleased with the activities. He ate well I would say the food was a five. I met an aide and it was a younger person and they left my loved one alone and he took a fall so maybe a little more awareness or training for the new employess would be good. They were very good with communication they would call right away. The size was nice not so big this was one reason we picked it.

I ate there once it was fine.

I ate there once it was fine. They are a little pricey and charge for each individual thing.

Broadmore

Very friendly and helpful staff. Residents seem to be happy. Everyone is trying to have Mom feel at home.

loved this place. but not e...

loved this place. but not enough care available for Mom's needs at this time. Denise is a wonderful person who I am greatly appreciate and thank for all her help and genuine concern for me and my family!!!

No kitchen is the only negative.

No kitchen is the only negative.

Liked size of facility. However we de...

Liked size of facility. However we decided a private room with full private bath would be best for Mom. Also did not serve breakfast in room. Liked method of medication management.

The director listened to me and asked...

The director listened to me and asked questions concerning my aunt. She seemed knowledgeable in all aspects of the residence. The residence was clean and fresh looking.

Broadmore Assisted Living is nestled in a quiet nook of suburban York. Surrounded by pristine streets and immaculate lawns, it is difficult to imagine we are located in the very heart of a thriving medical community. Hospitals and physician’s offices are only moments in either direction. Shopping, dining and entertainment are easily accessible as well.

Broadmore has provided quality, personalized service to Residents in York County since 1999. Our competent, caring staff is available 24 hours a day to give that little extra help when needed.

Here at Broadmore we believe that service and care can be provided in many forms. Activities are another way in which we care and provide for our Residents. Walking and exercise classes in coordination with word games, bingo, and many forms of entertainment provide stimulation for mind, body and spirit.

If you are looking for a friendly and active community that offers the choices you’ve always enjoyed in life, discover the freedom you’ll find at Broadmore Assisted Living.