The Harbor Court - Rocky River, OH

[Removed] and I toured the community yesterday and we both were favorably impressed. We met some residents who enthusiastically recommended Harbor Court. We have an appointment to take mom for a visit tomorrow. I hope she likes the facility.

I love seeing the difference in my Dad

My dad has really started to settle in he has a great apt with 5 different closets, the grounds are great and they will accept your loved one should they have Medicaid coverage. The best part is that my dad got to bring his dog with him. He is also slowly starting to take part in the activities and is looking forward to his first field trip tomorrow. Dad looks forward to going to the dining area and he really likes the food.
The staff and management have been great with my dad, I love seeing the difference in my Dad, he is happy here and I would definitely recommend them to everyone.

great place

Dad did NOT want to move. He shocked himself by actually enjoying the experience. Great Move!!!

My Visit To The Community

This is a newer nice looking community. The people we met during our tour were nice. This community seems to offer a lot of amenities and this community allows pets.

Wonderful memory care space. The staff and residents seem very connected. It feels like a community despite its size. Concerns about distance and quality of the food. Except for the memory care unit, I am not sure it is different enough from where my parents are now to move them.

Special care and comfort

The community is outstanding and very clean. The staff are wonderful and have gone out of their way. They offer a variety of meals to the residents. I like knowing that I found a community that will assist him in the activities so that he is participating with the other residents. We would highly recommend this community to families that might have special needs for a loved one. We are happy that he is getting the care that is needed. This is a great value for families and the care that is needed.

An older building , noticed some smell of urine in halls which is a big turn off for me , rooms were good size and all 1 bedroom which was good , did not like the dining room being in lower level , that's quite a long way if on the fourth floor , and down the hall ..staff very nice , didn't get that feel for this place ...

Excellent staff at this Community

My parents are doing very well since their move to this community. It is a great community, and I'am comfortable with their move here. They have an excellent staff. They have been very accommodating. They really have gone out their way to help my parents get use too the routine around the community. There are nice activities offered for the residents. The meals are great, they are pleased with the food. They do a good job with cleanliness of the community. The community looks good. It has been a good experience, and I would recommend this community.

The Harbor Court is a very nice facility. The staff was very friendly to me treat the residents very well. The size of the apartments was amazing. There are plenty of closets for clothes and storage. The bathrooms are a very nice size also. The bedroom is completely separated from the living room and kitchen. The kitchen comes with a standard refrigerator. It's not very big for a standard refrigerator but plenty big for one person. There is plenty of counter space, cupboards and drawers. It has a small electric stove. Residents are allowed to bring their own coffee maker, microwave, toaster or whatever other small appliances they like. The living room is big enough for a couch, recliner end tables TV and a small kitchen table. The bedroom can fit a queen size bed easily and dresser. The air conditioner is built into the wall, which I wasn't crazy about. There is one large dining room where all the Assisted Living residents eat their meals. I wasn't crazy about the possibility of my mom having to walk down the hall, get on the elevator and walk down another hall to get to the dining room. They did say that if mom needed help getting to the dining room it wouldn't be a problem. There are plenty of activity and anemities to keep the residents busy. Their memory care unit is on a separate floor, with their own dining room. The cost initially seems reasonable. But then they add on the cost of the care level each resident needs. I guess that could be a good thing because you are not paying for things or care that you don't need. Overall I would rate this facility at a 4.5/5. I wish they weren't so far from where I live and where my siblings live.

Was very impressed with the facility and [Removed]. She is very knowledgeable and caring. I would like to
see my Mom living there but with her health issues that seem to be worsening, I have my doubts about
assisted living. I have a few doctor appointments set up and will see what they feel is right for her.

I loved it!! was just the perfect fit for me and my Mother, and [Removed] was awesome. It was everything I wanted it to be. The rooms are really big, and the staff so really friendly.

Can't say enough good things!!

My parents moved here with the recommendation of A Place for Mom.The staff and residents here are so friendly and always smiling. Everyone is so nice and helpful. My parents are getting more involved in activities every day. They usually have lunch and dinner and enjoy the meals very much. There are good selections and they offer a nice alternative menu. I've shared meals with them and they were very good. My parents have a spacious apartment with a kitchen so they are able to maintain the lifestyle they had before.Everyone is my family is so pleased. I can't say enough good things about The Harbor Court.I toured several communities and no one compared! I would move here and I have already recommended them to friends and family. I also want to thank A Place for Mom for their service. It was so sudden and three weeks after contacting them my parents were moving in.My advisor with APFM gave me options and listened to my parents and family's needs.

review of harbor court

everyone is just top notch there. the staff knows all of the residents by name and treats them all like family. apartments are very well maintained and the food is very good also.

Excellent Care, Welcoming Personnel, HIGHLY RECOMMEND

The entire Harbor Court Team is excellent! The Management Team is caring, advised us throughout the process and was extremely helpful. We had to quickly place our father and brother within an Assisted Living Facility in three days. Once moved in, the Nurses, Aids and all personnel had all eyes on our father and brother. How comforting for us knowing they were in such great care and such a fabulous facility. They felt welcomed, the food is GREAT, quickly obtained physical therapy for both and are administering all of their medications. We HIGHLY recommend Harbor Court Assisted Living Facility having evaluated many for this major transition. Thank YOU all from the bottom of our hearts! Throughout the process, we cried, we laughed, we found the perfect home for our father and brother to live out their Golden Years!!!

Caring and Compassionate

Professional, kind and caring staff. The Independent and assisted living areas are very clean. The residence's love the food. The whole experience has been very pleasant working with the people of Harbor Court. What started out as very stressful situation became very assuring to our family above and beyond. Great people.

We liked it very much. The apartments were much larger than they are at newer facilities. The common areas were less generous, but still nice. The staff that we met seemed very professional and friendly. This is a good possibility for my Mother-In-Law.

High Turn Over Rate, But For the Most Part A Good Community

For the most part everything is working out pretty well for my mother at this community. The only thing that I have noticed is that they have a high turn over rate with the staff. The staff they do have been pretty helpful and caring. They do a good job with keeping the community nice and well maintained. Her room is nice size, and it has a kitchen which is very convenient for us. Overall for the most part she is in good hands, and I would recommend this community.

Nice place overall, a few things to work on

Overall I think Harbor Court is a nice place, in terms of the facility itself and the level of care that they provide. It is clean and well kept, the caregivers are friendly, and they provide a good level of care for the price. However, there are also some things I think they need to work on. I've had a lot of difficulty in regards to communication. My loved one fell in the middle of the night, which required a hospital trip, they in a 12 hour period they only attempted to contact me once, and only on one of the emergency numbers they had. Also I believe they could be a bit more thorough with their assessment process, as they originally had us place my loved one in their assisted living section before moving her into memory care a few days later.

Love Harbor Court

From the first meeting with the Executive Director, Jeff [removed] ( on a Sat) we knew that this place was the one.

We entered my cousin in memory care 4 days later and her husband is entering Asst'd Living on Mar 1st.

Harbor Court is under a magnificent renovation and should be done in the Spring.

Helpful People

Everybody seems helpful. The residents seem to be happy and the staff is helpful. I really have no issues with The Harbor Court. We did a lot of checking and it seems like a good value, so that is why we put her there.

Very Friendly, But Communication Could Be Better

They did a good job of helping me get my mom in there, because we had to quickly move her in. The only down thing I don't like is, the nurses are wonderful, but communication takes a little longer than I would like. Other than that everyone was very friendly.

MIxed but mostly positive

Harbor Court programs, rooms and employees are top notch. There are some, however, who choose to text on their cell phones while attending to some of the residents instead of paying attention to bathing them. The food is generally good tasting, but sometimes arrives cold. All in all it's a great place to live.

Great assisted living

I was at a loss on where to place mom. It was very stressful for both of us. The nurses are patient and compassionate and the aides go out of their way to help with what they can. There are a lot of activities and outings available. We liked the way the apartments were set up and the closet space is amazing. There is 24 hour nursing staff, that is nurses and aides. Some places did not offer that. You see the administrative staff out and about everyday and they know the residents by name.

Very attentive

The Harbor Court is a nice community. The staff is very friendly. They are taking great care of my dad. The staff is very attentive in trying to address any concerns. I think they are really doing the best they can do for them. My overall rating of this property is 4 stars. It is very clean inside. I never see any mess here. Everyone is nice. I would recommend The Harbor Court. It has been a good experience.

great overall experience

I don't think they engage the memory care patients quite enough. That is one area for improvement that I can think of.

Other than that, it has been a really very good experience. It is a very nice facility with very kind, helpful, caring, compassionate, and capable staff.

Our daughter toured this pl...

Our daughter toured this place and liked it very much

Very happy

This was my first experience with an assisted living facility and I was very impressed. Everyone at the Harbor Court went over and above expectations to make us feel welcome and invited.

Harbor Court is a wonderful assisted ...

Harbor Court is a wonderful assisted living facility. My mother resided in the alzheimer care unit (Annie's Place). Every employee was caring and compassionate and treated my mother so well. The facility was always clean. My mother was always neatly groomed and dressed and they treated her as if she was part of their family.

Harbor Court Assisted Living

Harbor Court Assisted Living facility is a good fit for my mother. The staff is pleasant, eager to help and cheerful. Staff members actively engage with my mother and other residents. The facility is clean, kept up and the staff is open to requests for necessary updates.

Having eaten with my mother, I know the food is tasty and well prepared. The staff in the dining area get to know the residents and provide food to accommodate the dietary restrictions.

The primary contact for Harbor Court is friendly AND involved with the residents. Our decision to choose Harbor Court was influenced a great deal by the input and compassion of Kathi Greco.

Too difficult for dad to maneuver wit...

Too difficult for dad to maneuver with his power wheelchair and mom with her walker.

Nice, but price was similar to Indepe...

Nice, but price was similar to Independence Village with a smaller apartment.

This one will be on our list for my p...

This one will be on our list for my parents to visit. Only downside was that it is an older building and not as much common area as some of the newer facilities.

liked

liked

Set sail for The Harbor Court, offering Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care services in Rocky River, Ohio. Offering attentive service and professional staff available 24 hours a day, our community provides a continuum of care that allows residents to “age in place” with our full spectrum of services and care. The Harbor Court offers privacy and the freedom to live the way residents choose in comfortable surroundings. At the same time, it offers companionship. Say goodbye to the worries of living alone. Say goodbye to home maintenance and housework. Say hello to a relaxed lifestyle at The Harbor Court. Apartments strike the perfect balance between safety features and welcomed amenities that make life enjoyable. Outside of the apartments, our community thrives and brings residents together over special events and entertainment. When residents wish to explore the surrounding area, a convenient bus stop in front of our community can take them to local restaurants, shopping destinations and much more.