Rockport Senior Living - Rocky River, OH

• Memory Care Services

Welcoming Community

The staff has made my mother feel very welcome and a part of the community. They have been wonderful about communicating my mothers needs and identifying services that will benefit her.

The staff at the Rockport were also very friendly and accommodating, very welcoming. My biggest concern was the building: it felt like a motel. Granted there was no furniture in the apartment I saw. First the location of the Rockport is in the middle of a busy, commercial street. The lobby was uninviting, the rooms also uninviting. A big drawback for my aunt would be the lack of a kitchen and therefore wouldn't work. I feel badly because the two women I met clearly were committed to providing the best for their clients.

This option was OK. I liked activities and amenities provided. I am concerned about the narrow hallways-got crowded around the dining room as residents waited to enter for lunch-and with the walking distances down hallways. For someone without mobility constraints, would be easy.

Found a fantastic new home for our aunt!!!

Using Senior Advisor to find a place for our aunt was the best decision we could have made. [Removed], our consultant, was so helpful and answered many of our questions. He pointed us in the right direction and Rockport Senior Living was the best for her. It checked off all the boxes and she is loving it. Very friendly staff and the people living there are great. Thank you!

Good options for care

We toured this community for care. The staff was caring. The community is clean and the menu was appealing. They offer activities for the residents who are wanting to participate. We needed a community that was able to work with payment. Families might want to consider this community for the care of a loved one.

Very nice place. [Removed] was knowledgeable and informative. She made me feel comfortable asking questions and getting answers. The residents were happy. The place was well taken care of. My grandmother was a resident there 16 years ago. It was nice to see the updates they have done.

Things are pretty good

Mom likes the food. They have an experienced staff and the management staff have been here a long time. The cost is lower than other communities in the area. This is an older community, however they do keep it up very well. I would recommend this community.

Not Enough Activities Offered For the Eldercare Members

My husband's experience here at this community was adequate. The community is nice and clean, everyone is very friendly and helpful. My issue with this community was that I didn't feel there were enough engaging activities offered for the Eldercare members. My husband wasn't encouraged to be active. He continually was looking for more to do.

Highly Recommend Rockport Senior Living!

My mom really likes staying at Rockport. She is comfortable there. The staff are all very friendly and call each of the residents by their first name. My mom says the food is really good which is very surprising since my mom is very Italian and a GREAT cook herself.

Good and bad

We chose Rockport for affordability and care. My dad was evaluated by the nursing staff and told he would easily fit in, however upon arrival several weeks later, we were told after several days, that he would not be able to stay there. The nursing staff would tell us one thing and the front desk staff another. There was also a "sign on" type of fee of 1000.00 (non refundable) that we were not told about in any previous discussions and had to pay on the first day. Furthermore, the place is an old hotel and the doorways going into the rooms and bathrooms are tight. Accessibility is not good. My dad like the food.

Nice Facility

We toured this place for 2 loved ones. The facility is nice, the downfall is the communication. I tried calling 3 times and left messages and we did not get a return call back. We wanted to rent the room. I also noticed no one really talks to anyone when the residents are in the lobby. With both of these downfalls, which I think are crucial, we decided to move on and find another facility.

Staff were very friendly, but it's a converted motel without a homey feel.

I don't think she has any complaints, so far.

I don't think she has any complaints, so far. It's clean and she likes to go to the music activities. I do have one complaint; that it was not made clear that memory care was all private pay. They can't be in an assisted living memory care on medicaid. They didn't have a time limit for the assisted side, you didn't have to private pay a year first. You pay until you spend down your money, then you can switch to medicaid, unless you need memory care, then it's private pay only, and for medicaid you need a nursing home.

A Positive Experience

I think that moving in and everything went fantastic. We had a lot of help during those times and with the issues involving that. Maybe a little bit better organization with the activities when my loved one first moved in would have been good. Tt was a very positive experience.

Amazing

Rockport is amazing! Everyone there treats my mom like a queen.

Jim's move to Rockport

My brother has been living at Rockport for a little over a week, so my comments can only be limited to this short time span. So far my sister and I are ecstatic over the kindness and efficiency we have experienced. Since he moved from out of state, there were some difficulties in getting medical records, and the staff (especially Lynne) bent over backwards to accommodate us. We had toured the facility a few times before choosing Rockport and everyone was more than helpful. Then we had to suddenly "make the move" and everything possible was done to make it happen!
We couldn't say enough.

Rockport has been a Godsend!

After trying three different facilities Rockport is hands down the best! The staff is friendly and courteous but most of all you can tell they genuinely care about their residents! The building isn't the nicest we've seen but the care is! Rockport has been a God send for us and out Uncle!

Best value, best staff!

Rockport has continually exceeded all of our expectations. They really do make the community feel like a family and they seem to genuine care for their residents!

Rockport Senior Living

Thank you for the kind review! We do our best to make sure our residents and their families are happy!

All you need for senior care in one stop

I had been struggling with the thought of putting my loved one in a facility, however, we started with the Adult Day Program and my loved one had truly enjoyed it and I found that my time with them was much more personal because they were being active through out the day and when they came home where more engaged. We then chose to move to the brand new memory care unit that they had just opened. It was a very hard decision for my family and I, but after seeing how well they did, we knew it was the best one. The staff is so caring and Amy who we worked with in the adult center and then throughout the transition to the new unit was so great and made is feel as if we were her own family and shared so much knowledge with us. Thank you to the facility for giving our loved one the next best thing to being home. Keep up the good work.

Adult Daycare at it's finest.

Adult Daycare at it's finest! I have struggled with the idea of Adult Daycare for a long time for my mom. But when the dr. said I hd to do this, I searched all local facilities and found this one to be the best. The daycare attendees are happy, involved and cared for from top staff. I met with the head of the program several times before I made my final decision, she even stayed late twice to accommodate my schedule. She not only does this as her job, she puts her heart into this and you can tell that from the feeling you get when you enter the facility. The location is not the most convenient, but I would drive further to have her in the care of these individuals. Thank you for making this transition so easy for me and my family.

Rockport Senior Living

Thank you for your kind review. We will continue to work diligently to earn your trust.

Seemed nice

We toured this location when we were looking into options for a loved one. It was a nice clean place, and the staff were all very friendly and helpful, but it did feel a bit institutional compared to others that we looked at. This was a nice enough community, but we didn't think it would be the best fit for our loved one.

Added montnhly services can add a lot...

Added montnhly services can add a lot to the bill.

The Negatives: 1. Smell. ...

The Negatives: 1. Smell. Strong odors of cigarettes, perfumes, and potentially insecticide in lobby and hallways. 2. Residents are assigned tables. 3. Cheap carpeting in rooms. Half-size refrigerators. 4. Not very sophisticated in their manners. The Positives: 1. Busy place, lots of people moving around. A variety of people. 2. Shopping in walking distance.

Rockport Senior Living

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. We take your comments seriously and are always looking for ways to improve our services and presentation.
If you would like to talk about your suggestions in greater detail, please do not hesitate to call us. Again, thank you for your time and for your feedback.

5 stars

I had my mom move into rockport after a hospital stay. She chose this facility on her own before we even had to make the move. When I toured I fell in love with the staff & other tenants. But I will be honest the price was also very appealing to us. I stayed with her the first 3 days and experienced it with her.... The food was great, homemade soup everyday. The staff was great and treated not only her like family but me also.

Amazing

I chose this facility for my grandmother after the sudden death of my grandfather. As you can imagine this was a terrible time for me and my family. I toured about 5 facilities and this is the only facility that gave me the "home" feeling. The staff was so kind, caring and compassionate. We had a meal and a lunch tour, the food was great, it was homemade and served with a smile. My grandmother has been there for about six months and she has turned into a new person. She is social and enjoys the activities as well as the new friends she has made. I recently went and had lunch with her and as soon as lunch was over, she kicked me out to load the bus and go for an afternoon drive. (I have never been so happy to be asked to leave.... haha) Thank you for having such a great place for my grandmother to call home at the age of 90!

Rockport Senior Living

Need to encourage people to be more active

We chose Rockport because of the value, the price, that's why we initially checked it out before any of the others because of the price and then we realized that it was really nice and clean. The only complaints they have is the food. When we first visited we tried the food and it was okay but I guess they're saying it's getting worse. We haven't spoken with anyone about it yet, but they're really really disappointed in the food and they're saying a lot of other people are too. I wish they would have an activities person, or a couple, that really goes around to people and knocks on their door and encourages people to get out and do things. My mother in law sits in her room with the curtains pulled and sits there all day; if they had people that would really encourage them to get out and do things that would be great.

Still looks like an old motel. Dad sp...

Still looks like an old motel. Dad spent enough time in motels while he was working.

liked

liked

Staff very helpful and welcoming. Th...

Staff very helpful and welcoming. The place was very nice.

Rockport Senior Living

Thank you for your kind review.

Rockport is one of the most affordable, social communities in Rocky River, Ohio. We are privately owned by a local, caring family and have had the same core staff since our doors opened in 1995. We invite you to come visit us today and find out why more Westshore area seniors call Rockport home!