Brighton Gardens of Westlake - Westlake, OH

Stay away

Terrible response time. Not a caring community. Only interested in profit margins. Unresponsive in emergencies

It was a nice tour but dad is just not ready for this type of care

I thought the staff were very friendly and did an excellent job with giving my dad and I a tour of their memory Unit. It was very nice and well staffed, but for now, I do not feel that my father is ready for that type of care.

Settled in Nicely in This Community

Everything is working out pretty well for my father with his move to this community. It is a nice facility, and I'am comfortable with his move here. He has settled in very nicely. They have a good staff, and they are taking good care of him, and his needs. When I come to visit the community, and his room are nice, and clean. They do a good job with the cleanliness. There are nice activities available, and the meals are very good. So far everything has worked out well for us in this community, and I would recommend it.

Very nice place. I would feel good about using this facility for my parents.

Care and concern

My father was in this community. I was not happy that they did not call an ambulance for my father to go to the emergency room. He did not go back after that. We were not happy. The community was nice and clean. The staff was not as helpful as we liked. The community is clean. The meals could use small improvements. We would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one. Mayone takes more than one tour.

Sunrise Senior Living

I have peace of mind

Knowing that my mom and step dad are safe and well taken care of gives me peace of mind, should anything come up with either one I'm called ASAP.

Very comfortable setting, and clean. Rooms where nice size. [Removed] was very nice.

Not the place for us

I toured Brighton Gardens when looking for my parents. It was a beautiful facility. I felt it wouldn't be a good fit for my parents because the apartment was smaller and didn't offer a kitchen.

Nice Experience

This is a nice community, and my tour went well. Everyone was very nice, and friendly. The community appeared to be nice and clean. It was a nice experience.

My tour!

This community seemed clean during my tour. The people I met were nice. This community felt like a hotel and did not have a homey feeling to it.

Sunrise Senior Living

The staff pay attention to my cousins needs!!

They have a nice garden they are hoping to enlarge at Brighton Gardens. They leave the doors open in the summer since the gate is locked so the residents can come and go as they like. When we first went there we had some excellent crab cakes and they make homemade soups. They have him interacting more with the other residents and enjoying some of the activities.

Nice place

Overall our experience with Brighton Gardens of Westlake was a good one. It is a nice looking place, the people are friendly, and we are satisfied with the services that they provide.

The staff is very friendly and work wonderfully with the residents. The building is very clean and the residents are kept busy with time to be by them selfs if desired.

Loved One Is Happy

Well my loved one seems to be really happy over there at the Brighton Gardens of Westlake. My loved one has been gaining some weight while he is there too, so I think that it was a good choice for a facility.

Great place

We put our Father in there and believe it offers a lot of value for the money. The food is good, the staff is awesome and go out of their way for your loved one. The facility is clean and very fancy and way better than Rae-Anne.... My father gets the help he needs when he needs it. He doesn't have to wait more than 5 or 10 minutes and am very pleased with what they do. The activities are good except my father is blind so it does make it hard. They do a lot of trivia and singing and bring live music in all the time. They also have Happy hour and serve beer and wine so I give it a high grade....

Nice looking place

An excellent place for our mom.

My brother and I think it's an excellent place for our mom. They are very attentive. She get's good care there. Them seem to care and help. The staff is very friendly. The facility itself is very nice. It's very clean. The value is excellent. The care services that she has been getting is excellent as well. The Brighton Gardens of Westlake is a nice community. We are very pleased with this facility.

Very nice facility. The place was spotless and the staff were very helpful. I am definitely considering this facility for my dad.

I would recommend this place to anybody!

My mother in law stayed there for rested stay for two weeks. We really liked it. They had extra touches. Those little touches are what makes the place very nice. We checked several places and it was the best value. I would recommend this place to anybody. The layout of the place was very, very good. She didn't feel like she would get lost. We had a great experience here.

Very nice place but expensive.

The staff at Brighton Gardens of Westlake are fantastic. I'm very comfortable trusting my moms care to them. Her room is nice. We saw it during the day, and with the windows it was nice, light and airy. I couldn't understand what my mom meant when she said it was dark in the room at night. I came to see her when it was dark and it was only then that I realized that the only overhead lighting was in the kitchenette area. And, yes, it was dark. Had we not brought a couple of lamps form home it would have been totally dark. We're bringing another lamp over so she has more light. That's the only complaint that I have about the room. The cost per month is expensive and they have no Medicaid waiver. That means when her money runs out, she's out. I can't allow that to happen, so as much as I like this place I am looking for another one. I needed to find a place fast as her illness came on suddenly. I underestimated how quickly her money would be used up with the additional fees and now I'm under even more pressure to get her condo sold ASAP just to keep her there past 6 months. It's too bad that our seniors lives are only as good as the balance of their bank accounts.

I was really impressed with the staff here.

I was really impressed with the staff here. I really liked that they had a Finch cage in the lobby, and also 2 community dogs. My dad loves nature, so he would really like that. They also specialized with people with Alzheimer's and dementia, had a special technique that they used that they raved about.

So far so good

So far so good. My mom is transitioning pretty well. She likes it here which is a big plus. The only issue I had is with the administration. They say they would do one thing but don't follow through. Other than that, everyone is very nice. There is an awful lot of activities that they offer, which is nice. My overall rating of this property is 4 stars. I would recommend the Brighton Gardens of Westlake.

EXPECTED

It seems the norm for any of these facilities to charge an enormous price for "services" rendered. If I had POA, my family would not be in any of these. Young, minimum wage type care by aids is expected and provided. They woke my family member up at 5am, 5am! to take a yearly blood draw for general health ordered by his doctor. Already being confused, and questioning why he is there, this was absolutely uncalled for! Nothing was said to anyone about this either. He could have been taken to doctor for this anytime, but no, 5am made sense to them. Sing along consists of handing out flyers with words, playing casette recorder, one song after the other, with little or no interaction between. Maybe I expect too much with the sales pitch given.

Very nice!

very nice for skilled nursing, rooms were small enough for her to maintain, not large enough for a couple, wheelchair accessible, all areas were very wheelchair accessible, everywhere was bright. Automatic doors. Continental breakfast all day

Very nice community

We've had a great experience with this community so far! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and all of the care and activities they provide seem high quality. The staff are all very friendly, and respond to any questions or requests you have quickly.

This community is very clea...

This community is very clean, friendly, and meets the needs of my father. Resident pets are at the community and pet visit are welcome. This is a very nice facility.

So far so good

The main reason we chose Brighton Gardens is because they were close to home. We had a meal the day we moved our loved one in and it was pretty good. It is a beautiful setting with plenty of green around. We are very pleased with the community so far.

beautiful..possibly too big

beautiful..possibly too big

This is my place of choice for my her...

This is my place of choice for my her however I believe Brighton Gardens will be cost prohibitive. Everything about Brighton Gardens is wonderful from the level of care to the environment including their dog, Bailey, the aroma when entering the building and the very versatile and accommodating dining. Extremely beautiful facility. Terrific homey feel. Director is awesome with her knowledge. Also in love with all the level of care, so only one move.

large bldg. very clean. staff friendl...

large bldg. very clean. staff friendly. front desk had a resident helping worker.

She liked, I did not. No sense of com...

She liked, I did not. No sense of community.

Very impressive. People exceptionally...

Very impressive. People exceptionally friendly. All employees that we passed on the tour shook my hand and introduced themselves and told where they worked; housekeeping, food services, etc. They seemed to have many activities and were very helpful. I think she could be very happy here and very well taken care of. I even got hugs from my Definitely in the running.

Brighton Gardens provides assisted living in an apartment-style setting that offers the simple pleasures - nutritious food, comfortable surroundings, and the support of a warm, caring and competent staff. A separate Special Care Center for residents with Alzheimer's or other memory related disorders is also on-site. The key to our success in the Special Care Center is our dedicated and compassionate staff, which receives special training and supervision. Our Special Care programming offers a variety of activities designed to achieve memory enrichment and positive social interactions. Caring for residents with dementia is a partnership between the community and the family, frequent family visits are encouraged and support groups and advisory councils are arranged. A Short Stay Program for seniors who need short-term care may also be available. It is the ideal alternative for recuperating after a hospital stay, while family caregivers are on vacation or if you just want to try out assisted living. Please call for more information or to schedule a visit to find out how Brighton Gardens can enrich your life or the life of a loved one.