Eliza Jennings Assisted Living - Westlake, OH

We did visit here and have ruled it out. They were not at all welcoming and we do not want a high rise building.

Nice Place, Friendly and Helpful Staff

We toured here, and really liked this community. It's a newer, bigger place than some others we visited. It's definitely nice, and the staff members were friendly and helpful when we were there. However, it would have taken my loved one two months to get in because there was a waitlist when we were looking.

No Complaints!!

I have no complaints of the tour I had taken of this community for my loved one. The staff where friendly and on time to our appointment as well as answered any questions we had for them. They even where kind enough to offer us a meal during our visit to see what the menu was like. I liked the the open floor plan and that it was easy to navigate through the facility. It was just not the right fit in the end decision.

This location was very clean and friendly. Enjoyed talking with [Removed] and getting to know all that Eliza has to offer.

Devon Oaks

Very clean; everyone is helpful and goes beyond their individual job description to assist, tons of activities. Our parents are checked on regularly. The food is good. Rooms are small for two people..
Located near world class Heath care at the Avon Cleveland Clinic.

Biggest negative is extreme lack of religious services. This is sad since they residents have time to be encouraged as death draws nearer to them.
They didn't even have Easter services.

Very nice assisted living facilities. Ample common space, activities and a large bedroom. We appreciate the not for profit mission. Concerned it is too far from us and my parents church.

Safe and comfortable living.

This community has been wonderful to my loved one they continuously make sure that her needs are being met and that she is feeling safe and comfortable in her new living environment. The building is well maintained and is always kept clean. Overall I have no complaints and would recommend this place.

everybody from housekeeping to dietary knows each clients name

At Eliza Jennings Assisted Living everybody from housekeeping to dietary knows each clients name. They have a saido burning class/memory class that is free of service. They work with the residents for 15 minutes each day and practice simple math and reading. Everyone from maintenance to housekeeping teach the residents. The administration is very respective and answer any questions I might have.

This is a great place if you have to have a place.

This is a great place if you have to have a place. I would rate them highly so far.

SAIDO program sounded really interesting. Too far from my home - Kathi took a lot of time with me which was really nice.

Very Friendly and Accommodating.

My mother has dementia and I just felt that “Devon Oaks” had the better services to be able to care for. She is having some issues but they are due to her dementia. The people are really patient and trying really hard to help her. Mom is a real finicky eater and surprisingly she likes the food. She also likes going to the onsite beautician. The outdoor commons area is nice but the indoor common area is a very small. However they do have a large TV room so they can watch their shows. To sum up “Devon Oaks” is very friendly and accommodating.

good possibility

good possibility

Very nice, but not big enough. Only 1...

Very nice, but not big enough. Only 1 bathroom and 1 bedroom. I really like the Saido learning program.

Nice but suites to small.

Nice but suites to small.

The rooms were extremely nice. I love...

The rooms were extremely nice. I loved how the rooms were sit up and how everthing was organized. So far this is one the nicest places I have seen. It is the top of my list.

Choices for aging well

Eliza Jennings is a nonprofit organization that offers a range of services for today’s older adults. Whether you are seeking independent living in a secure community setting, searching for just the right assisted living environment, care in your own home, require rehabilitation or skilled nursing care, Eliza Jennings offers a solution for every need.

The Eliza Jennings legacy began in 1888 with the philanthropy of our benefactress, Eliza Wallace Jennings, who intended to care for women of need. Eliza’s legacy of philanthropy and concern for older adults lives today, more than 125 years later, as a cornerstone of our organization and in our mission to serve older adults.

With over 90 years of collective experience on our board of trustees, Eliza Jennings’ leadership brings extensive expertise in aging services and understanding to its role and responsibilities as a nonprofit organization.

Eliza Jennings is proud to be a multiple-year recipient of the NorthCoast 99 Award, honoring us as one of the 99 best places to work in Northeast Ohio.

Eliza Jennings was also the first Aging Services Network in North America to be accredited by CARF International, including accreditation for person-centered long term care. This designation represents a mark of quality for demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous self-evaluation.

Our communities are available for older adults seeking the following services:
• Assisted Living
• Alzheimer Support (SAIDO Learning®)
• Home and Community Based Services
• Hospice Care
• Independent Living Apartments and Villas
• Rehabilitation
• Respite Care
• Skilled Nursing
• Wellness Clinics

Eliza Jennings Assisted Living Community at Devon Oaks

At Eliza Jennings, we consider our assisted living communities to be a comprehensive solution for older adults unable to manage living on their own. Our assisted living residents do not yet require extensive medical or nursing care, and our assisted living communities primarily act as a middle ground between independent living and full nursing care.

Our assisted living communities are equipped to provide residents with 24-hour assistance with activities of daily living, such as dressing, grooming and hygiene, eating, and other routines. Beyond in-home care, residents in our assisted living communities are provided access to nurse practitioners, physical therapists, and other licensed professionals.

Eliza Jennings' Devon Oaks community is designed to maximize vitality for older adults, and the community’s variety of spacious apartments are designed for functionality as well as safety. Fitness programs and exercise classes are customized to meet individual needs.

Hope for people living with Dementia

Eliza Jennings is the first location in the United States to offer SAIDO Learning®, an innovative proven method for improving the quality of life for older adults suffering from Alzheimer’s disease and other symptoms of dementia. SAIDO has been practiced in Japan for more than 11 years with impressive results, and empirical data have proven its effectiveness.

For the first time, we can do more than simply care for older adults with dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, at Eliza Jennings we can now treat the symptoms and set goals for improvement. SAIDO Learning is an innovative, non-pharmacological treatment that has been shown to reverse or reduce the symptoms of dementia among older adults with cognitive impairment. This breakthrough, life-transforming treatment is available in the United States through Eliza Jennings.