Sunrise of Rocky River - Rocky River, OH

Assisted living side seemed more bright and alive; the memory care seemed more dark and not as appealing, but they looked like they cared for their residents. Said they will be updating the facility in the near future.

The Sunrise was really very nice. It felt like a home with all these beautiful antiques and appointments throughout the floors' i.e. lovely sitting areas, common room, atrium with birds, dining room, sun porch, and small library. The staff also very friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. But these apartments also lacked a kitchen...because this is primarily Assisted Living. I liked the fact that is was a smaller facility and would have been easier I think for seniors to acclimate.

A real Pleasant Place

I thought the staff were very friendly and did an excellent job with giving my dad and I a tour of their community. The community was very pleasant but they did not allow pets and they did not accept Medicaid should my father run out of money while he was there and I was looking for a community that would so that I would not have to move him once he was settled in.

Nice place with nice people. Clean. No foul smell. No residents asking for help. The rooms are tiny, though. Would not work for my mom who has oxygen, electric wheelchair, extra tanks, etc.

An ok visit

I did not receive a full tour of this community. I was only in the lobby. The part of the community I saw was nice. I did pick up some literature to find out more about the community. This community was a little more expensive and a little farther away than the one we chose.

A tour to see

We toured this community for care. The room was nice, but it seemed as little congested for care. The staff was nice and friendly and they were able to answer the questions we had. We liked the activities that would be offered. We would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Nice, Small Community

I'am satisfied with my mothers move to this community. So far everything is working out pretty well, and she is doing good. They have a good staff, and they have been attentive, and helpful. They have activities available for the residents when they are ready to participate. With my mother being the picker eater she is, surprisingly she is satisfied with the meals. I like the fact it is a nice, small community. It isn't so overwhelming to my mother. This is a community I would recommend, it is working out well for us.

Worst assisted living home in ohio

This place is absolutely horrible staff puts on a front as if they care for your loved ones but are concerned only with money employees a horrible staff of caregivers violating many state policies and regulations.

Good Tour

My tour of this community went well. Everything looked nice, and well maintained. Everyone was very kind. The experience went well.

Caring for Mom Well

My mother is being cared for very well here at this community. She is currently on hospice, and they are doing a good job caring for her. They have been awesome to work with. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the facility. I know she is in good hands, and being provided with great care. This is a community I would recommend.

The tour seemed a bit rushed. The efficiency apartments was very small and would not be suitable for my Mother-In-Law. The common areas were very nice and the atmosphere and surroundings seemed very pleasant.

Sunrise Senior Living

A small homey community!!

Mom is doing pretty good at this community. I have good communication with the staff and they are all friendly. We had Thanksgiving dinner there and it was good. This was one of the nicest places we looked at. The community is open and there are more chairs and couches in the hallways to sit at. They offer daily activities and I would highly recommend this community.

Very Nice Tour, Pleasant Community

I was very impressed with my tour of this community. The community looked nice. From what I saw everything appeared to be well maintained. My tour went very well. The staff was kind and friendly. The room they showed me was nice, but a bit small. This was one of my top picks, and it was a nice experience. This is a nice community.

Seemed like a very nice place

Although my loved one didn't end up moving into Sunrise of Rocky River I'd say our experience with them was a very positive one. Based on what we saw during our tours it was a very nice looking place, and the staff were friendly and helpful throughout the whole process.

So happy to have found this place

After having removed my father from an assisted living that had just the bare necessities. It was such a relief to know that places like this exist who actually care about the person. Every part of the person. Instead of feeling like a patient he is treated like a man. So great to know this. I can now sleep at night knowing that he is well fed and cared for.

Good experience

Our experience with Sunrise has been a very positive one, overall! It's a clean nice looking facility, and the staff is friendly and professional. We're very satisfied with the service that has been provided so far!

Smaller facility, like a bed & breakfast. Very homey.

mom calls it home

When my mom first moved there, it was amazing. Every single person came to introduce themselves. They went out of their way to get her included int he activities and feeling included and at home, meeting people and having all her needs met. Overall it has just been a very positive experience. Mom calls it her home, to the extent that she was even willing to sell her house because Sunrise of Rocky River is her home now.

Exceptional facility

Our experience at Sunrise of Rocky River has been exceptional! From our very first "search" for a place for mom, although we choose another assisted living, David was occasionally in touch with us to make sure everything was going well. When we had a need for a different AL we contacted him immediately. From that moment he coordinated everything seamlessly including mom's transfer from a rehab center to AL to their Reminiscent Center. The staff are absolutely fantastic without an exception. The facility is flawlessly clean and inviting. The care has been phenomenal. We are SO pleased with our decision, and only wish that Sunrise had been our first choice early on.

This was not a good experience for us.

We never spent one day there, our loved one passed before she got the chance to move in, and we lost almost five thousand dollars. They were a very nice group to work with, but it's the reputation of nursing homes that they are in it for the money. It was not a good experience for us. It would be a good idea to make sure you will be able to move in for sure, before putting money down.

Sunrise Senior Living

We're sorry to hear that you had this experience. We take your comments very seriously and we would like to speak with you. Please contact information(at)sunriseseniorliving(dotcom) with further details. Thanks, The Sunrise Team

Nice place overall, with room for improvement

This is a nice looking community overall, and the care staff are friendly and professional. We're generally satisfied with the service, but I would like to see them improve in a few areas. First and foremost I feel the communication is somewhat lacking. Whenever I write them an email instead of responding to me directly they try and relay the information through my loved one, which does not always make it back to me. I'm often out of the loop. They also could use a bit of work on their activities, my loved one says they do not have many and that the participation is low.
My loved ones biggest complaint is the food, which is generally just not impressive, and she says the portions are small.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you have concerns with certain things at this community and we would like to learn more. Please email us at information at sunriseseniorliving dot com so we can learn more. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Mom's care

This is not the first time I have had to place someone in nursing care. I really like Sunrise because of the bright cheery place that it is. It's not an instuitional nursing home. Plus the dog and cat on site really make it more like home.

A Very Good Fit

Change did not come easily for my dad, we looked at many "very nice" places before we arrived at Sunrise of Rocky River. What first impressed me was the size, it was large enough to have several options but small enough that it is cozy and tight knit. My dad initially moved to the assisted living floor and had a lovely two room suite, as his health declined we moved him to the Memory Care floor which has been a blessing. The care my dad receives is outstanding, everyone (from the director to the kitchen staff) greets him (and our family members) by name, and always has time and patience to have a chat with him. My dad has Parkinson's disease and dementia, before moving to Sunrise we struggled to find home care options that fit his needs and stayed within our budget. Had I known how happy dad would be, we would have made this move sooner!

This community is very clea...

This community is very clean, friendly, and meets the needs of my father. Resident pets are on site and pet visits are allowed. This is a very nice community.

No 2 bed, 2 bath apartments.

No 2 bed, 2 bath apartments.

nice but not sure if it is good fit

nice but not sure if it is good fit

outstanding. by the lake. clean, smal...

outstanding. by the lake. clean, small bldg. residents where happy. scheduled exercise 11 everyday. social events as well. have upstairs south room available(across from beauty shop)

Took my mother to personally visit Su...

Took my mother to personally visit Sunset. I loved the sense of community, she did not.

Also very impressive. Director was ve...

Also very impressive. Director was very helpful and could relate to where I was coming from since she went through the same things with her mother several years ago that I am going through now. Comfort and care seem to be top priorities here as well as security which is a big concern of mine. Lots of activities for residents which is important to me. This is definitely on my possibility list.

Sunrise Assisted Living of Rocky River is a lovely three story home specializing in assisted living with a special neighborhood for those with Alzheimers and dementia. Our beautiful home like atmosphere in combination with our devoted care managers and nursing staff make our home a wonderful place for our residents to age gracefully with respect and dignity.

Our residents are viewed as individuals, each with their own care and medication management needs. We can care for even the most frail of our elderly, bringing needed services right to their suite and allowing for residents to age in place with no need to transfer into a skilled nursing home. Examples of the types of needs we can care for are: residents who needs oxygen, those who have incontinence issues or may need a one or two person transfer assist. We accomodate special diets restrictions such as no added salt or concentrated sweets, pureed and mechanical soft. Residents may personalize their suites by bringing their own furniture and belongings. Family members are welcome to visit any time throughout the day. Our residents who have pets are welcome to bring them to live at Sunrise Assisted Living of Rocky River.