Summit Place Senior Campus - Eden Prairie, MN

Summit Place is Retirement living like no other. We offer beautiful Town Homes, Independent & Assisted Living apartment homes and Reflections suites/apartments for those with Memory Loss.

What sets this retirement community apart is its commitment to health, fitness and lifelong well-being. This commitment is evident in the array of services and amenities available on or near the Summit Place Campus.

The Summit Club is your life partner for health and wellness through both land-based and aquatic fitness programs. Every detail is designed with your health, comfort and wellness in mind.

In our Assisted Living, personalized care plans are designed to encourage independence at all levels while providing the support needed to live in a private apartmen

A Wonderful Tour

After we had a tour of this community I decided this was the place. However they were not able to provide the level of care that he needs. The staff were nice and it was clean and a wonderful place.

Mother loved the look and feel of this place. She will be placed on the waiting list, and hopefully moving in soon.

Mom Is Doing Well

The staff are nice and helpful when needed. I think they communicate with me well. The meals seems good, she is not complaining. The community seems to be clean all the time. My mom has tried a couple of activities.

Good Home

My mom is living at Summit Place Senior Campus. She is doing fine so far. The care is going pretty well. My sister visits her often.

Nice staff

Things are going well at Summit Place. The staff is very nice and we have made lots of friends here. The staff does a great job of communicating with us. The apartments are modern and spacious and the food is decent.

Lots of activities

The staff here is great. They are very good with the residents and they communicate well with us. The facility is always clean and maintenance does a great job keeping it that way. There are also lots of activities for the residents.

We are happy but........

I feel everyone is working toward success for my mom. The food is a challenge. It is not consistently great. She eats breakfast at 8:30AM and is expected to be hungry again at 11:30. Even the aides think this is not a good situation. In memory the residents are not given the opportunity to have a choice in their meals as the residents in the main dining area. Why can't my mom be taken to the main dining area for meals?
She truly feels the way meals are served in the memory area are without manners. I have experienced many of these meal times and it is not great. Maybe someone needs to take a closer look in this area. I do feel mom is safer than she has ever been, but she does need to be walking much more than she is doing. Don't get me wrong, we are happy, but I feel you should be taking a closer look at what is being done for the memory residents.

didn't work out

It didn't work out at Summit Place Senior Campus. He was 3 or 4 hours and he tried to walk out 3 or 4 times. he wasn't ready for memory care. They staff was great. We may use them again in the future. It would have been a great facility if it would have worked out.

Everything Is Good

They just have done everything really well, I do not have any complaints except that they did what I did not want them too and separated my parents. Other than that they have been accommodating and been really good with everything.

Good

Great place! Love their apartment and the Summit seems to have everything they need. It is also close by to so many stores it makes it handy for my dad who still drives.

DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER THIS PLACE

Summit place is absolutely awful. Management is the worst in the business. This is the absolute last place you want to put a senior. All smoke and mirrors. Dig deep and you'll find nothing but [removed] greed.

Not a good fit

We toured here when we were looking into options. It wasn't a good fit for us, they just weren't set up for my loved one's needs. Other family went and toured, and decided against this, it just wasn't right for us.

We thought that it was excellent.

I would rate them very highly, especially their friendliness. I also really like the care. The thing that made this community stand out to us, were the fitness options that are offered here. We were looking for a place that offered a good fitness area for my Father with Parkinson's. That was one of the higher needs on our list and when we saw this one we thought that it was excellent.

Mom and I met this Tuesday ...

Mom and I met this Tuesday with Joy, the marketing rep, and Linda, nursing rep for LifeSprks. The assessment for Mom was unnerving and quite intimidating. She is resilient, however, and tried to make the best of it. I did come back yesterday and the plan for care was certainly ramped down considerably by Linda. Joy and fellow marketing rep Libby worked hard to make it a win/win. I brought in the security deposit of $2000 and the rental agreement today. We are planning to move Mom into Summit Place next week.

Exactly What I Sought

Summit Place is exactly what I was looking for in a senior campus. It has a great pool, my highest priority. The staff is friendly and everyone tries to know everyone's name. There are lots of activities to take part in if you like. We all have different taste in food but the dining room tries to please. The casual bistro is excellent. Two of my friends have moved out to save money, however. I am among the youngest here but have made many friends and substitute Moms.

The underbelly at Summit

Lots of activities for the folks living there. Food is somewhat above average. Facility is always clean and tidy. Friendly staff. Between the assisted living apartment and the assisted living services through "Lifespark", the care for one couple in 2013 was $170,000. In the 5+ years they have lived there, the Eden Prairie Police have been out four times to file [removed] reports. [removed].

Move in coming up

Please let Deborah know that we have, with her help, successfully found a place for mom at the Summit Place in Eden Prairie!

Libby Jensen at Summit Place has been terrific to work with. She has been available to answer all of our questions.

We have a move in date of April 9th and Mom is excited to make the move that she has already begun packing.

It was with the information and guidance provided by your service that made this part of the challenge...well much less of a challenge.

We were impressed with the ...

We were impressed with the facility and enjoyed our visit with Libby.

Review

The Summit Place Senior Campus is a fantastic place. The staff are more than accommodating and helpful. It is no wonder why everyone is so happy there. The rooms are first rate, the food is terrific, and location is perfect.

Great place!

The apartments are lovely, the people very friendly, the staff is helpful and efficient, the exercise program is wonderful and the pool, delightful. I would recommend Summit Place to everyone.

Toured this location twice ...

Toured this location twice now. Liked it very much. Second time was with Dad. Lots to do, summit club is nice, calendar full. Definitely an option.

Big classy hotel-like, 494 bend north...

Big classy hotel-like, 494 bend north,Prairie Center, tree view on the South and SW sides,sharp happy looking tenants (professionals), big bright apts, underground parking, long halls will want scooter, Spa hot bubble pool extra)staffed pool, exercise equipement, Independent w/services-Assisted, W/D in Indep.,need outside dog walker $600+?, paths on grounds, Bistro, Schwans, ala carte fees, about $3800-$4600+ dogs? [removed] rent,food, 3hrs/wk Aides, 3hr mo Nurse Care Manager (escort to MD), wait list $500($400 returnable) Move in +$1500 security deposit.

Big classy hotel-like, 494 bend north...

Big classy hotel-like, 494 bend north,Prairie Center, tree view on the South and SW sides,sharp happy looking tenants (professionals), big bright apts, underground parking, long halls will want scooter, Spa hot bubble pool extra)staffed pool, exercise equipement, Independent w/services-Assisted, W/D in Indep.,need outside dog walker $600+?, paths on grounds, Bistro, Schwans, ala carte fees, about $4400-$5200 [removed] rent,dogs,food, 3hrs/wk Aides, 3hr mo Nurse Care Manager (escort to MD), wait list $500($400 returnable) Move in +$1500

Like the emphasis on fitness.

Like the emphasis on fitness.

Great atmosphere, lots going on with ...

Great atmosphere, lots going on with residents in and out of the building. Takes VA funds. Fabulous pool and fitness center, has 2 beauty shops, 'entertainment area' bistro, small gift shop, reservable great room with kitchen and many common areas. The 2 bdrm A.L. units are on the small size, (one bath), but would be doable. Does have a small oven, and refrigerator. Mass once a month. 3 meals/day included. Month to month rental. Has independent living, assisted living and memory care

Generally good location and features.

Generally good location and features.