LOVE IT!

May not be the shiniest place, but the staff treats the residents like family.

Good Tour

I had a nice tour

Loving and responsible care

I LOVE, love, love this facility and the quality care that Mother receives. Having had experience with other assisted living and one other memory care facility on Mother's journey, I can say without a doubt that her needs - well beyond the physical day-to-day needs - have been met and exceeded. Not only does Mother feel at home and cared for so very well at the Gardens of Smyrna, so do I.

Simply Gorgeous!

The outside of this community is just gorgeous. Very beautiful from the entrance. I was able to speak with the people and they were very nice and super helpful. Again they just did not offer the services that my loved one needed.

Bad Experience!!

The people that work there are very friendly. The care that my loved one received from the staff that was in charge of the residents was not good. My loved one came walking to the community and when we took them out they could not walk. The room that they were in had the air broken so it was very hot. One night i went and there was no staff on site. When i opened the room to see my loved one it was very hot in there. I would not recommend this place.

I'am Satisfied With The Community and Everything They Have Done For Us

I was very overwhelmed with my situation at first. Once I found a place for mom they pointed me in the right direction. They referred me to this community, and everything has worked out very well. They have a wonderful staff here, they are caring and very understanding. For the most part the community and her room are well-kept. There aren't many activities offered, but she is very engaged in talking with the other residents. They offer wonderful meals, the food is very good. It has been a great experience. I would recommend it.

A hard decision made much easier!

I recently was faced with the very difficult situation of having to move my 88 year old Grandmother into a secure, cognative care facility.
I had absolutely no clue as to where I should even begin and had very little time to figure it out.
After making the choice to reach out to A Place For Mom for guidance, I was turned on to The Gardens of Smyrna.
Upon speaking with them I felt immediately relieved. It was as if a 5 tom weight had been lifted from my shoulders.
I made an appointment to go view the facility in person and was met with smiling faces and warm, sincere assurance that all would be fine and that I was not alone in this.
The building was very quaint on the outside but warm and homey on the inside. The people were helpful and nice and the residents all seemed very satisfied and comfortable.
I made my decision after asking all the pertinent questions and recieving the correct answers.
I have not regretted moving my Grandmother there. It was a Good decision!
Thank you, A Place for Mom and Gardens of Smyrna!

Please do not send you loved one here!

Please do not put your loved one here. None of the promises made exist after they move in. My father just moved in last week. He has dementia and is paralyzed on the left side.

The staff, if present, are very sweet. There are just not enough of them.

They do not bathe the patients as promised.

My Father is covered in bruises and complains of pain in the arm that is severely bruised, it may be broken. No xray or attention given.

Saturday we were there and shaved him and clipped and cleaned his nails. He was covered in filth and there was feces under his nails.

We went in again Sunday. Only one staff member present. Men were wandering the halls unclothed and my Father was laying in his bed in just a diaper. The time we were there was from 12-2. No lunch was served. I went and got him something from McDonalds. He needed a drink. I went into the kitchen...it's filthy. This should probably not surprise me because his bathroom is disgusting. The ants are so bad that they are crawling up my father's leg. I tried to find an attendant to help me change him as his diaper was full. No one even on the floor. Very sad.

What could be a nice place but is very poorly managed. Manager stays in her office, if even on site at all. The place smells of urine (every) time I have visited, patients wandering the halls (no activity, no stimulation)but yet they have a schedule posted. The men and women are separate (poor men seem lonely and caged). Staff are all really sweet but will not hesitate to tell you that once family is moved in you may as well forgot all of what you are promised during the tour and just accept that they are offering discount rates... (That's Bull) If you don't care where you place your loved ones (PERFECT PLACE) If you do care pay the extra money and go somewhere else

They are really nice. They have a lot of activities.

He likes it there. They are really nice. They have a lot of activities. It seems well organized, they don't just leave people in their rooms. It's clean. It's the first place I really felt comfortable with when we were looking. It's working out pretty well so far.

Gardens review

On first arrival we were not overly impressed with the staff. They knew we were arriving this day and basically left us with junior level caretakers who did not really assist us much. However the next few days we met more of the staff (rehab folks, administrators, CNA's, nurses) who were very informative of care and knowledgeable.

Place is a bit older than we thought but is nice and homey.

Excellent Staffing and Sensative to Residents

I truly appreciate the staffing at The Gardens of Smyrna. Sue took the time to place my Mom with a most perfect roommate.

They just seem to compliment each other.

And my Mom is smiling and happier than she has been in awhile. Even though she is still adapting to her surroundings, she is happy and very pleased with the facility to date.

The staffing is also watchful of the residents and address potential issues.

I thank God for having the opportunity to place my mom here.

great place

The place is great. I highly recommend this facility. I rated them with all 5 stars. They are doing a really good job here so far.

they took good care of him while he was there

The Gardens of Smyrna wasn't a good fit. My husband kept getting out of there. It wasn't their fault. He has special needs and kept trying to go out of the window. They were kind enough to refund me my money. I am appreciative of them doing that. The only thing I didn't like is they keep the men in the basement. Overall they took good care of him while he was there.

work really hard and were very responsive

At The Gardens of Smyrna the staff is just real nice. They work real hard at keeping the place clean. I do think they need more for the residents to do than just sitting down in front of the TV. I know it's hard with a facility like that though. The really work hard. I was a nurse in a long term care facility and I do look at things differently than others may.They work really hard and were very responsive to any issues I ever had.

Friendly, patient people

We couldn't be happier with how things have turned out at The Gardens of Smyrna. The people here are friendly, professional, and very patient and caring. My loved one can be quite a handful, to say the least, and they've done everything they can to help him settle in and feel comfortable. I highly recommend them!

I think overall it's a good place, and they care about their residents.

I have found the people there, especially the administrator to be very good. They have been very helpful with helping work out the medications. My difficulty comes from my expectations from the larger facilities, as opposed to the residential care homes. They don't have the staffing that the larger places have. They are well within what's required. They are all friendly, and I feel like the staff genuinely care, but I just wish there were more of them, they all have to do so much. It's a more home like atmosphere. There is a T.V. on in the sitting area, and some drawing materials out if they would like to draw, but there really isn't any activity at all. They really appear to have worked hard at getting care providers to come into the home to work with the residents there. Their nurse practitioners they work with have been excellent and made themselves available! That has been so critical to us in the transition. I think overall it's a good place, and they care about their residents.

This facility was a turn off from the minute I got to the parking lot. I had to call their number for someone to know that I had arrived. I was given the code to enter the door which I thought was careless, thoughtless and dangerous. I could have been a serial killer. Got inside and it took a few minutes of me to be recognized after I had been to the kitchen/dining room area, etc. When someone finally approached to ask what I wanted, I told her of my 11am appointment, only to be told that they do not offer tours on Saturday. My tour was confirmed through APFM. They got the director on the phone who also said that there are no tours on the weekend and when I wanted to reschedule to. By that time, I knew that it wasn't the place for us. I cannot tolerate unprofessionalism, plus I did not like the look of the place. One star since there is not option for zero star.

very helpful

They have been very helpful and very understanding and easy to work with.

Nice place

Overall we are pleased with our experience with The Gardens of Smyrna. It is a nice looking, clean, well run facility. The staff are friendly and professional, and do a good job looking after the people who live here. I think for the price they do as good a job as you can expect.

Perfect Place

Perfect place for our family member. The staff were all very friendly and caring, and they take great care oft he people who live here. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and they have a lot to offer.

Perfect Residence!

Perfect place for our family member. Private room with a shared bath. Enough room for furniture and personal items. Great management Wonderful care givers. Very affordable Small facility.

Very new community

They didn’t really have the activities that they advertised that they had. They’re new though so some of the things like the activities might improve in the next six months or a year. There is enough parking.

Excellent value

This along with it's sister property, the Gardens of Smyrna are an excellent facilities. Sue, the administrator is very professional and likable and the staff is well trained and efficient. I am very pleased with my decision to place my mother in this assisted living/memory care facility.

Clean, recently opened in r...

Clean, recently opened in renovated structure. Manager (Sue) is from Blue Ridge. 40 bed capacity, 10 currently occupied.

MEDIUM SIZE...looks really good!!

MEDIUM SIZE...looks really good!!

The Gardens of Smyrna is a family-owned, licensed
memory care community serving the needs of our residents and their families. We strive to create the most supportive environment possible for everyone closely involved in an Alzheimer's or dementia resident's life. We welcome family and friends to participate in every aspect of their loved one's life.

We have 38 spacious private and semi-private rooms. Housekeeping and laundry are provided daily, and residents are assisted with ambulation, bathing, nutrition, medications supervision, and all daily living activities as part of our regular routine.

Owners are dedicated and on the property daily. We maintain a high standard of quality care and services to all residents and have always far exceeded industry standards. We are private owners, and our stability and excellent reputation are well known.