Peachtree Creek - Smyrna, GA

Peachtree Creek and Wayman Parks are FANTASTIC!

My wife and I were in a tough situation near the end of [date removed]. We were needing to find a facility for my mother in law, because her disease had progressed to a point where she had to be in a memory care facility. As we began our investigation of different options, it became apparent that there are several facilities providing average/below average care, while still charging astronomical prices. We spoke with family, friends and people in the industry and were able to compile a list of 8-10 places to evaluate. The first place we visited was Peachtree Creek. The director of the facility, [name removed], came out to meet us for our meeting. As we spoke with [name removed], it was clear that he is passionate about his job. As we listened to the things he said, my thought was that this sounds to good to be true. The thing that stood out to me the most was the stories he shared of current residents and how he interacts with them. There are so many places where the person in charge is simply managing the staff but is not doing much more. [Name removed] does not work that way! As he took us on a tour of the building, the stories he shared began to come to life. His interaction with each person was really the icing on the cake! After the interview/tour, both my wife and I were confident that we had found the home for her mother. Normally, there is a lot of red tape that makes it difficult to move a patient from one place to another. [Name removed] and his team totally took the lead and we were able to have her moved with little to no stress for us. I just want to send out a BIG “thank you” to [name removed] and his staff! [Name removed] is a true professional and he’s made Peachtree Creek a home for not only his residents, but the families, too!!

Staff excellent, but facility just ok, did not see potential for placement.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your feedback. We would love to hear any additional thoughts you have on how we can create a five star experience. Please feel free to contact us directly at our community phone number!

Peachtree Creek cares about your loved one!

Moving my son to Peachtree Creek was like moving him from darkness to sunshine. They care about their residents!! They listen and try to solve issues that the families may have concerning their loved ones. They keep striving to make Peachtree Creek a greater place for your loved one! This is not an easy occupation but they chose this as their life's earthly journey. Are they perfect? No, but it is their mission to continue growing towards that goal. Yes, Peachtree Creek cares . . .

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review; we appreciate your confidence in us and we're honored to provide exceptional care for our residents!

[Removed]

I'm not giving Peachtree Creek any stars...
No I moved my wife from the facility without notice...Run...Run...I tell you...
If you love your loved one falling, unattended to,no one has an answer , supervisor never in the building and the aides over worked
Here's the place for you....

Family Member

No..No..No
My father had several falls, which I
Never received an explanation for.
Food is served off a wheel cart.
I watched the cooks serve without washing there hands. The floor techs are over worked, no support from management at all.
[Removed] deceived my family. Wayman only smiled with solutions.[Removed] was Never at the facility only weekends ,[Removed] was a good support. Our family experience was horrible.
So beware!!!

Working Out Well

My love one is well here in this community. He is safe, and doing well. I do feel he is in good hands, they have a great staff. They have been great to work with, and are taking good care of him, and his needs. The experience is going well, and this is a community I would recommend.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and recommend our community; we appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that your loved one is making his home here with us!

Best Place in Atlanta

I moved my mother to Peachtree Creek approximately 2 years ago after suffering two falls in one week at her previous memory care facility. Her first fall resulted in a broken clavicle while the second fall caused a fractured hip. Needless to say, she was not returning to that location! While she recovered, I frantically looked for another facility that would offer better care. Every facility l visited left me highly disappointed and discouraged. Then someone recommended Peachtree Creek.

I loved the fact that this facility was 100% memory care and not some isolated hallway in the back of an assisted care facility. When I walked in, I felt like I was entering the Country Inn hotel....very warm and cozy. After meeting with the director and talking with several staff members, I decided to move her there.

Now, I'm going to be honest, I was not immediately impressed with the level of care and support, although it was much better than the previous facility. I met several times with the director and expressed my concerns. I was assured that changes were being made and improvements were in the forecast.

Well, change came! New owners and a new director. [Removed] has made a remarkable difference. He is hands on and extremely attentive to the residents and their families and friends. Wayman has also hired many top notch staff members. [Removed] is an absolutely phenomenal Activities Director. He keeps the residents creatively engaged and stimulated. The [Removed] run a tight Wellness program. All of the RA's are very attentive and take such wonderful care of my mother. The cooking staff, custodial staff, and customer service staff all do a fabulous job. I am constantly sharing with them how much I appreciate the service that they provide.

In addition, if you are ever in need of a hospice service, AGAPE.....absolutely the best! So, in conclusion, if you are looking for a quality memory care service, please stop by and check out Peachtree Creek!

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for sharing your confidence in us! We appreciate your feedback and we're honored to provide care for your mother!

Peachtree Creek-Cream of the Crop

Peachtree Creek is a great facility if you're looking for a place that really cares about your love one. Wayman Parks and his staff are top notch.

I moved my mom to Georgia in 2016 after years of living by herself, falling and injuring herself, numerous Life Alert calls and the onset of dementia. She lived with a relative for a while but it got to the point she needed professional assistance. She was moved to an assisted living facility that really should not have accepted her. My mom was wheelchair bound and couldn't mobilize herself. It was obvious after being there for a few months that the facility was just filling rooms for the money. She was the only resident that was immobile. My mother spent most of her days alone in her room often missing breakfast and many times eating dinner alone in her room. Her dementia seemed to progress rapidly and she was very depressed. She fell often and stayed on the floor sometimes for hours before anyone checked on her. When relatives went to visit they often found her alone in the cafeteria while the staff was cleaning saying they did not have time to move her yet. The facility was often understaffed. But of course when she was admitted we were told someone checks on the residents every 30 minutes, they had diabetic meals, etc. all of which we quickly found not to be true. It was a nightmare. After two bouts with pneumonia within a month she was sent to rehab. It was there where I was told she needed to be placed at a facility that could offer a better level of care. Peachtree Creek was recommended.

We met Kandie Romano, Director of Sales and Marketing and my mother's life began to change. My mother is actively involved in daily activities to stimulate her mind thanks to Nicholas Bridges, Program Director. Although she has early dementia it has definitely regressed from when she lived at the previous living facility. She is involved in both physical and mental activities that has helped her emensely! Jessie and Jannella of the Wellness Staff take great care of her. I never worry about her medical condition. She feels special instead of being part of a cattle call. The whole staff is extremely professional and open to discuss any issue you might have. The facility is very clean with constant renovations. My mother is happy, well fed, thanks to Chef Tarey. I no longer worry about if my mother would be around the next week. I know being at Peachtree Creek has extended her quality of life.

You can't go wrong allowing Peachtree Creek to care for your loved one. Thank you Wayman and Staff.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your kind review; we appreciate your confidence in us!

Hard to reach, but good intentions...

First, I'd like to point out that this review is being done because SeniorAdvisor.com sent me a note saying it would be my last chance to post. My mother has only been there a month. At my initial tour and follow-up, everyone was friendly and seemed helpful, but since the very day I signed the paperwork, I cannot get anyone on the phone anymore. I've left messages and texts and get no call backs. Sometimes when I call, it just rings and rings and rings. This is distressing. I visit at least once a week, so any issues so far have been handled then. When I've visited, Mom's hair looked unclean and her "depends" diaper was long overdue to be changed. They also have been doing improvements to the building, and one day the chemical smell from some glue they were using was so strong I became nauseous. I could not believe the residents had to deal with it all day. I'm pretty disappointed so far, but I'm also willing to give it a chance (3 to 4 months) to take input and make corrections.

I really liked the owner!!

My mother was only at this community for a short period of time but while she was there the staff where great. She was not the easiest to care for and had a few issues and the staff did the best they could to take care of her. I really liked how well the owner and administration team kept in touch with me. They always called me if there was a problem or any updates on her medication.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review; we appreciate your feedback!

A nice place for a respite stay.

Mom had a nice respite stay at this older community. The community was well taken care of. She did not have her own restroom. She was at a different care level than most of the other residents. She loved the food and they took good care of her while she was there.

Peachtree Creek is Extraordinary!

My mother lived at Peachtree Creek for over two years before her death from the side effects of dementia. I really don't know how we can adequately thank the wonderful staff at Peachtree for all their consistent loving, compassionate care over the course of those years. Peachtree Creek is a very well-run facility with an eye toward the needs of each individual. We, as family members, were made to feel extremely welcome each and every time we visited (that was daily). Her needs -- whether medical or personal -- were met with great care. We view our dear friends at Peachtree as just that -- friends AND family. We would highly recommend this wonderful facility to anyone who needs this special care. They are extraordinary.

Ready to go!

We never got to move our loved one in. The people were really nice and helpful. Candy made sure that all questions were answered. The whole family was happy about this move. Then when it was the day of move in the community said that they did not have her for a move-in. Also they went up in price dramatically. We just could not afford it at that time.

SLC Midwest

We would like to thank you for taking time to leave your feedback, and apologize for any miscommunication that occurred. We would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your experience, particularly relating to the move-in communication you described, and invite you to reach out to our Executive Director, Wayman, at our community phone number. Thank you again for your time, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Overall Pleased With Community

So far I am happy with the care. All the staff are nice and friendly, doing what they are supposed to. The food is not the best but it has been getting a little better. We have been giving them feedback. It is a clean place and all seems pretty good and we are overall pleased.

Unclean Environment/Not enough staff

This place has a strong activity program, however the day to day care of the seniors is not acceptable. They do NOT have enough staff to take care of the residents. Their philosophy is a unique one regarding having a strong activity program for Alzheimer's residents, however the residents are not taken care of in their rooms. They are often left alone. My grandmother fell several times because she was left alone in the common area. She also developed bedsores due to not having her depends changed often enough. We moved her out due to these concerns.

This facility is completely understaffed to handle the number of patients on each hall. Usually only one person per hall and they tend to stay in their desk area rather than walking the halls and checking on the patients. Staff rotates halls regularly so there never seems to be anyone familiar with the patients on the hall and their needs or their special handling requirements. Medicine times can vary daily - more than an hour early or late. We have been very displeased with this facility.

Patient and gentle staff

Overall things have gone well at Peregrine's Landing! The people here are very friendly, both to the residents and to their families. They really seem to care about the well-being of the people they look after, and are always patient and gentle. My loved one never hesitated to tell me if anyone in her previous community was rude or short with her, and I haven't heard a single complaint since she moved in here!

extremely happy

We are extremely happy with Peregrine's Landing at Peachtree Creek. The people there are really awesome, incredibly friendly. Even when we were just visiting, the people would stop and speak to us and go out of their way to introduce themselves and help in any way they could.

Review of Peregrine's Landing At Peachtree Creek in Smyrna, GA

I highly recommend them to any family in need of memory care. The place is always clean and the staff is extremely friendly.

Our first 2 weeks

My father moved in 2 weeks ago and seems to have settled in easily. He's had multiple visits from family that confirm the same. He is clean, alert and comfortable in the environment. The staff is friendly, compassionate, respectful of the residents, welcoming of questions or concerns, and are quick to respond. The activities are engaging and of variety. It feels homelike as opposed to institutional or hospital. The halls are short and bright and the courtyard is very pretty with sidewalks to wheel my dad on and enjoy the day, play with the Peregrine's therapy dog or watch the pet chickens run in the grass. That was quite a novel experience! The interior is designed to trigger memory response whether by the electric train or soda fountain counter, baseball memorabilia or old movies, I think this was the best place we could have placed my dad.

Friendly.

There is enough parking. The food is very good. The staff is very good. How clean the community is and how friendly the staff is are the best features of this community.

The people were excellent!

We really liked Peregrines landing. There were a couple of reasons we didn't choose it. One was the cost, it was really expensive. Also we would have had to have a shared room, and we didn't know how she would do with a roommate. The people here were excellent though, they went above and beyond they were outstanding!!

Nice place

My loved one was only here a short time, but we were impressed with them overall. The facility itself was always well kept and clean, and the staff were friendly, helpful, and accommodating. I always appreciated how willing they were to facilitate specific care needs my loved one had when I wasn't able to be there personally.

Nobody's perfect, but they are pretty good.

The general areas are kept pretty clean, and would get about a 4, but the rooms could use a little more attention. I have found that there is a little slack in what they say they are supposed to do and what they actually do. The caregivers that are assigned to the patients, seem to change often, and if we have a problem we don't know who is assigned to our loved one at any given time, they have a lot of turnover. The food would get a 5, it's really good, they have had dinners for the families, and it's relatively good, and they give them enough and it's balanced. They specialize in dementia care, and we didn't know that kind of thing existed. They need to be a little more hands on and the ratio of staff to patients are one staff to fifteen residents, and I think they need more than that.

My Experience at Peregrine's Landing at Peachtree Creek

Pros
Planned activities
Visual stimulation with mini pigs, dogs, aviaries,
Cons
[removed]
Belongings lost
Belongings shown no respect
Through lack of care, mother developed a very bad bed
sore when a wheelchair was necessary for getting
around
Not enough care givers and much turn-over

Peregrine's Landing Patient Review

Peregrine's Landing is an older facility and has done everything possible to meet my mother-in-law's needs. She is in the final stage of life and requires 24-7 oversight. They have done everything to make her last days comfortable. Unfortunately, other residents are able to enter her room and take items that belong to her. We has brought this to management's attention several times and they try to control tis problem. However, items continue to be taken. They do make sure to check on the patients and do emphasize personal care. They are open to all suggestions and have good communication with the family. I would recommend this facility for any memory care needs.

A nice open memory care community

This isn't a comparison to others in the area, since I haven't had experience with communities there, but just a description of the experience we've had so far. I feel like they have done a good job so far, overall. The staff have all been very friendly, and I appreciate that they've been willing to work with me on ways to resolve any issues my loved one has been having
In addition to the regular sorts of things one would look for in memory care I was interested in two specific requirements: I wanted somewhere where Mom wouldn't feel claustrophobic in, and I wanted the community to have a good social atmosphere. Peregrine's Landing met both of these needs. They have an open set-up where the community is secure, but the residents are free to roam within the facility. They've also got a large secure outdoor area (which hasn't been accessible to them due to the weather, thus far.) There are a good number of residents still at a social cognitive level, so my loved ones social needs are being met as well.

Ok, but disappointed

The caregivers staff are what make this place special, however; they are grossly unstaffed which impacts the overall quality of care.
The leadership team lacks experience and communication with family members unless you request information or updates.
The place has a very strong oder which could be managed but again, the lack of appropriate staffing levels makes this difficult.
There is a lot they say they will do but it does not happen unless you persist which is annoying when you're already dealing with the stress of having to place a loved one into a facility. Having then to worry they they receive the appropriate level of care makes the stress even more challenging.
It's sad that our country has accepted that it is okay to not give the best possible care to our elderly because corporations only care about profits and not people.
I hope my journey in life does not require me to live in one of these facilities. It makes me depressed every time I visit my family member.

Good care overall, some communication issues

The common areas here are always very clean, although I feel like they could spend a little more time on the individual rooms. They also do a good job overall with the care, although we've had some issues with specific services. My loved one receives his medicine through the VA, and there have been some mixups which have been difficult to clear up due to a language barrier with the staff. There have been difficulties communicating with the staff in general, the director isn't great about returning emails. I will say that Joe Cline has been a pleasure to work with and always gets back quickly, however.

Very professional. Great pr...

Very professional. Great program. Extremely expensive!

loved Joe, however: Facilit...

loved Joe, [removed] Facility is dark and dirty. smelly. Rooms are very small. no way

Advantages separate levels of care,p...

Advantages separate levels of care,perform activities for levels of care cost is low lots of walking area drs come to examine residents kitchen help resident gather together Provide outside service to take mom to water aerobics Disadvantage Can hire sitter to take mom to water aerobics, outdoor gardening, but not very defind, Not as pretty, no memory care pets around the area no plants Questions Do they go on outings eg lunch, xmas lights

Liked that it was all memory-care. A...

Liked that it was all memory-care. Appreciated the programming. It felt a little sad when walking around. Did not see any engagement of staff and residents.

Peregrine's Landing at Peachtree Creek is located in Smyrna, Georgia. We pride ourselves on being an assisted living facility for individuals who have dementia or AlzheimerÆs disease. Memory care is offered to all residents. Some of the great services that are provided include the following: 24 hour assisted living help, medication administration, continence management, weekly housekeeping and laundry, restaurant style dining and in house medical teams. We are known for our excellent selection of social, spiritual, educational and entertainment programs that allow the elderly to interact with other residents. Both seniors and their family members are embraced by the staff so that memory care can be successful. Family members are involved in all of the aspects of care so that they can make sure that their elderly loved ones are taken care of. We pride ourselves on being a facility that focuses on making assisted living something that seniors feel happy about.