The Gardens - Ocean Springs, MS

Toured without an appointment. Staff were friendly and allowed us to tour on our own. Residents seemed happy and content.

Professional and caring

We are so happy to have this as our mom's new forever home. The staff and nurses are wonderful. Very caring and professional.

Food I wanted to eat myself!

I was looking for a place for my aunt and as a friend advised if you are going to check out an assisted living you should come at meal time. As I watched the staff serve the meal I was struck with way that the staff were so kind and well trained. The people who were eating were treated well and generally seemed happy to be there. The food looked and smelled really good not like hospital food. After I told my two cousins about my visit they were excited and made an appointment to take a tour.

Amazing staff!

I absolutely love the Gardens!! It's very clean and welcoming from the moment you walk in the front door. The administration staff is very helpful in answering all question from the ED,BOM, to health service director. They have wonderful food and there Day is filled with a lot of activities, even trips out. I would recommend this place to anyone.

The Gardens has done a great job helping my father make a great transition into assisted living. His studio is warm, cozy and inviting and we've made it his own with the help of the Gardens. He is still feeling quite independent despite needing some assistance in certain areas. He enjoys the friends that he has met, and considers the entire Gardens staff good friends as well. We are impressed at the quick response to any questions or concerns we have had and how friendly, attentive and respectful the Business Admin, staff and Health Services Director are to all residents and their families. We love the available transportation for my father and the other residents. I am happy to say that their Social Calendar has been a busy one, there are also many opportunities to gather together and have a good time at the Gardens. Dad cannot believe how fast his first year has gone, and neither can we.

Very Pleased

I couldn't pick a better place for my loved one. I love how the staff treat the residents like family.

My friend's mom needed attention quickly when she was ill and the staff answered her questions quickly and efficiently. They really go above and beyond to help others.

Dad has Settled in Nicely

My father is doing pretty well here at this community. So far everything is working out very well. He likes it here, and I'am trilled with his move to this community. The staff is very good. He has adjusted very well to this facility. It has been a great experience, and I would recommend this community.

Blessed

Awesome staff and facility. Friendly and caring.

The facility was very nice and the staff is very friendly.

Activities Galore

I've personally witnessed the activities being conducted at The Gardens and have found them to exceptionally organized and well demonstrated. The residents have told me on more than one occasion how they love the activities and Activity Director. In particular, a holiday party was thrown for residents and their families-a massive turn out with live music, a large array of foods, fun projects, and upbeat attitudes. Would recommend this facility solely based on the activities alone!

Home sweet home!

The community at the Gardens has been very nice. The staff have been very helpful with the move. The staff and everybody there are very friendly and nice. The community feels like home and is very welcoming. They offer a variety of meal options that my loved one is enjoying. We are very pleased with The Gardens!

Not a good experience

My first hand experience is I would not recommend that anyone place a loved one in this facility. If I could get the balance of my money back from them I would bring my mother home today.
This facility claims to be "assisted", but other than meals, making beds and administering medications I don't see any "assistance"!!!
I talked with them prior to putting my mother in their facility and told them specifically what she needed assistance with: help with putting the batteries in her hearing aids and putting them in her ears correctly and then make sure she takes them out at night and completely remove the batteries (they last a lot longer this way) in the evening; assistance with making sure she removes her dentures and properly cleans them and her oral hygiene; some assistance with her clothing to make sure it matches and assistance with her bathing.
The reason we put her in their care for a month was so that we could have a break after having her 24/7 for 2 years and we needed some time to recoup, regroup and unwind. Caring for a loved on with Dementia is not easy.
I requested that she see the physical therapist and occupational therapist for help with walking gait, etc,.
Two weeks later I am told they need a Dr.s order for this.
She was bathing herself and couldn't get out of the tub and was screaming for help and when help arrived she fell and said she was having chest pains and her leg hurt so I told them to send her to ER which is maybe a block away and I would meet them there. No one accompanied her to the ER and she was confused, alone and scared when the hospital staff allowed me to with her. When I first got to ER I had inquired about her and wanted to make sure she was registered and they didn't know she was there---only that ambulance had brought in a resident of The Gardens. Once the hospital determined that she had no injuries and that she was not having a heart attack I took her back to The Gardens and other than ask for her discharge papers no inquired about her. I made sure she had dinner, got her ready for bed and left. 2 days later she still had the id bracelet from the ER still on her wrist irritating her skin and when I asked for a pair of scissors was told to leave it on as they through it was a door alarm bracelet which she had never been provided. If they had been "assisting" her with anything you think that someone would have noticed this.
The toilet in her bathroom rocks from side to side and is so loose you can turn it to the side, there is no shower chair for this 89 year old to sit on in the tub/shower, the water is way too hot for a facility that has patients this old that could scald themselves.
When the director asked me this morning how things were going the above is exactly what I told her. I also told her that I would not put my mother back into their facility nor would I recommend it to anyone else.
Maybe I am out of line, but I expected more from a facility that is "assisted"living than providing 3 meals, meds and a clean bed.
Too my knowledge, she was never taken out on any of the "trips" in the Van that I was told were weekly as she has dementia and didn't realize she needed to sign up for them. The only activities that I knew were going on were daily Bingo games and exercise,
Every time I went up there the main lobby hall was lined with residents in wheelchairs, walkers and sitting on the Love seats and chairs waiting for time for the next meal.

A Great Home For Mom

My mother is still adjusting to community, but everything else is working out very well. The community looks great, they do a very good job of keeping everything nice and clean. The staff has been great to work with. They are always willing to help. They are very friendly and kind as well. There are many activities offered through out the week. The food is good, they do serve well balanced meals. It is a bit expensive, but it has been worth. It is a great place for my mother to be. I would recommend it.

Great facility

I have a family member who has been a resident at the Gardens for over 3 years. I highly recommend the Gardens as the staff and management are extremely professional and friendly. There are plenty of activities for the residents as well as great meals. The facility was recently expanded so many rooms are fairly new.

Simply the Best!

The Gardens Assisted Living has simply put, made a huge difference in my Parents [names removed] life and in our families life. I live in Savannah and knowing they are taking care of is huge to me. My dad was supported and encouraged to get his VA Benefit which has helped hugly. From Jodi, the GM, to Shrika the head Nurse to all the staff, they are the best, it did not start that way.

What changed, new Ownership and Jodi's Leadership! I can't say enough about it. She is the best!!!

Great place to be!

The Gardens took wonderful care of my grandparents. The service was great and had a very friendly staff! They definitely felt like they were at their home away from home!

Love the Gardens!

We love the Gardens! It has a very warm, homey atmosphere. The staff is friendly and they try hard to accommodate the residents and plan fun and interesting activities.

Happy

The people have always been very helpful and seem to be happy both being there and working there. It is a very upbeat place

Great place for seniors

Made us feel welcome from the first day. Entry process was easy, everything was explained and I was assured they could answer any questions any time. Administration and Staff were exceptional and easily accessible. I feel comfortable having my wife at this facility.

Great facility

The staff is wonderful. Jody [last name removed], the Executive Director, goes above and beyond to make sure residents get the care and attention they need. And they are "Johnny on the spot" should a medical need arise as the hospital is just across the street.

Excellent Facility, Staff

Wonderful atmosphere. Very clean. Kind and caring staff that goes the extra mile to make sure its residents needs are fully being met.