The Gardens at Brook Ridge - Pharr, TX

Awesome Staff!!

I have no complaints about how things are going for my mother since she has made the move into this community. The staff have been wonderful to her and I could not have picked a better group to care for her while she is there. My mom has been very active in many of the activities and staying busy throughout her day. I am very pleased with this place and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Highly recommended!!

The Gardens at Brook Ridge is a great community, I highly recommend them because the place is very nice and has treated my mother very well. The meals provided are portioned well, and very nutritious. The place is always very clean and well maintained. They offer a mixture of activities, and even though my mother has not partaken in any yet, she knows they are available to her.

Too Expensive!!

I only went to The Gardens to inquire information and they were just too expensive. The people at the front desk seemed friendly. The place was clean and looked very good. No one ever reached out to me, though.

Home Sweet Home!!

There is a doctor that comes to the community on Fridays. My loved ones are now receiving more medical care than before and this is good. They also get complimentary transportation two times a week to doctor's appointments. All of the staff are friendly and follow up with them often. There are 3 healthy meals being provided to them. I also like that they provide church services, bingo, and movie nights for them. This is a wonderful place with above and beyond care.

New Facility!

I was very impressed with the Gardens at Brook Ridge. so much so that we moved Mom in on Tuesday!

Friendly Care

This is a great community for good care. We are happy with the food, but we would like to see more of a home setting and not a restraunt setting. The dining area needs to be cleaned a little better after meals. More activities should be available for others. Great value and highly recommended for others and loved onces.

Such a beautiful place for Mom!

Since moving Mom into the Gardens I've had to increase the level of care to ensure she is getting the proper attention but things have been really good! The facility itself is beautiful and the residents seem to be very happy. I've actually recommended the place since she's moved in and Mom's best friend will be moving in next!

This assisted living place is brand new and the faculty itself is beautiful! Very modern! But because it is so brand new there isn't any beautiful gardens or landscaping or trees. Seemed very barren on the outside. It was very quiet and not too much activity going on. It was a little depressing due to the fact that you didn't see people out and about. We arrived at about 1:00pm and had hoped to see people in the dining area but there was no one there. They offer many nursing services though and may be a good place for someone who requires a lot of assistance. The apartments are beautiful and modern. But no balconies or patios. Nothing pretty to look at outside.

very nice place

My mother in law is living at The Gardens at Brook Ridge and they have been really good. She does complain sometimes about them not suiting her requests for medications and not handling her request in the friendliest most professional way possible. She wants it when she wants it and they are not always willing to accommodate.

It is a very nice place though and overall things have gone very well.

Sunshine

It's great to hear your mother in law is happy at The Gardens and is enjoying our brand new building. I am sorry she has had a less then perfect experience with staff handling her medications and needs there, and I will be sure to pass this on for our Team to improve. If there is anything else we can do to further improve or make her experience better, please let us know.

Pretty good overall!

They have a very helpful staff! Also, my mom wants there to be more consistent bingo games since they cancel if there's less than two people. Also, the beautician is very strict about her hours, so if she works on four residents and you're fifth in line, you won't get service; several times I've had to take her to a salon rather than her getting her hair done there.

Sunshine

Thanks for sharing your mom's feedback. We hope she is enjoying The Gardens and the many amenities it offers. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make her experience even better.

They are doing a good job

The Gardens at Brook Ridge is a brand new facility so it's very clean. Everyone is nice, friendly, and welcoming. They are doing a good job. They have a few rough edges that they are working out. The activities that they offer are not very well attended. My loved one has been in there 5 weeks. I eat lunch with her everyday and get to see the place very well. The Gardens at Brook Ridge is a really nice place.

Sunshine

Thank you! We appreciate you sharing your positive experience with the SeniorAdvisor.com community.

very good

So far the experience with The Gardens at Brook Ridge has been very good. They have been very attentive and friendly both to my grandmother (the one who is living there) and the rest of the family. They are extremely sweet, very caring, and do a great job.

Sunshine

We are happy to hear your experience has been positive and thank you for sharing with us. If there is anything we can do to make your grandmother's experience even better, please let us know. Our residents and their loved ones are our number one priority.

communication needs improvement

We signed mom up to get in The Gardens at Brook Ridge back in May, and they have not been very good at communicating what is going on. Things have been continually delayed, and I have to go in or call to find out as they never contact me proactively.

On the good side, it is a beautiful place and has everything that someone in that situation would need.

Sunshine

We are sorry your expectations were not met in terms of communication. As a brand new community we have experienced growing pains, and now have an exceptional Team in place ready to assist you. Please join us again, for lunch and a tour, and we promise you will be impressed with both The Gardens and the customer service.

Introducing The Gardens at Brook Ridge

Brand New, State-of-the-Art Assisted Living & Memory Care Community

The Gardens at Brook Ridge is a warm, welcoming assisted living home that fosters a sense of community for the residents. The overall design balances the operational needs of providing services while creating safe, comfortable recreation and living spaces. Opening in June 2014, The Gardens will offer exceptional health and personal care services, well-balanced meals and personalized wellness and fitness programs. As the Rio Grande Valley’s newest and premier all-inclusive community, The Gardens will provide resort-style living with world-class and professional care – a beautiful community to call home. Situated right next door to our Independent Living community, Brook Ridge, The Gardens is also conveniently located close to many medical facilities, including McAllen Heart Hospital, Rio Grande Regional and McAllen Medical Center.

Assisted Living residents can choose from 65 suites on the 1st or 2nd floor with a variety of floor plans and views. Our private Memory Care wing offers 17 private, semi-private and shared suites with a private entrance and dedicated staff focused on caring for residents with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.