Villa of Corpus Christi South - Corpus Christi, TX

A very happy mother!

My mother has been living at Villa South for over a year. She was unhappy and lonely living alone. The staff goes above and beyond to keep her happy and active. They keep a close eye on her and her health. She is always smiling and happy to stay there when I leave. They made the transition a very smooth and easy process. I could not have done this without their help.

Lisa Witt

It warms our heart to know you are pleased with your mother's care at Villa South! Thank you for letting us know.

Great Facility

This facility is one of, if not the best assisted living facilities I have visited. During my clinical time here the facility was clean and the staff was great. The residents here are also very pleasant and enjoy the living conditions here.

Lisa Witt

Thank you for your positive feedback on Villa South!

The facilities are kept clean and the staff is friendly. They seem genuinely invested in their residents and it's better than other area nursing homes I've been to.

Lisa Witt

We think our staff is a strength. Thank you for your kind observations on our assisted living community!

This is a great place for residents. Great courtyard, events, games and a beauty shop. Wonderful facility with great staff.

Lisa Witt

We appreciate your positive review of Villa South!

Caring Staff

I have been a nurse for 22 years and wish I had known about Villa South when my Grandma was still alive. The staff there are very caring and the residents are well cared for!!!!!!

Lisa Witt

We believe our staff at Villa South is a strength that distinguishes us. Thank you for pointing this out. All the best!

Not a good fit

The staff here did a nice job with my tour, they took their time showing me around and answering my questions, The community was clean but I felt the dining area in the memory care was cramped and dark and I did not feel that this would be the best fit for my mother.

Lisa Witt

We appreciate your thoughtful review. We will take a look at the memory care dining room to see what improvements can be made. Thanks for letting us know.

5 Star Review

We moved my mother-in-law to Villa of Corpus Christi South a little over a year ago and have nothing but positive things to say about the facility. Having Alzheimer's, she requires a lot of assistance. There is never a question as to whether she is receiving the help she needs. Every staff member we have met and/or spoken to has been kind, courteous and compassionate.

As we were moving her in, I was able to visit with the Executive Director, Admissions Director/Business Manager and Head Nurse. I felt as if I were talking to old friends. Am happy to say, it continues to be that way.

We would highly recommend this facility!

Lisa Witt

Quality care is our #1 mission. So glad you are satisfied with Villa South. Thanks for sharing!

Great Value/Friendly Atmosphere

I have found Villa South Assisted Living to have a very friendly home-like atmosphere. The staff are warm, caring, and compassionate. I love that they have a community dog, Oscar, for all the residents to love as their own. The common area is bright and cheerful. The facility is clean and smells good throughout. Resident care always come first. If you are looking for care for your loved one, you will not find a better value nor better care.

Lisa Witt

So glad you are pleased with the care at Villa South. Our residents love our community dog also! We appreciate your positive feedback.

Nice tour

This is a very nice community and I did have a very nice tour here, the staff took their time showing me around and they answered all my questions. I felt that this community was a bit larger than what would be the best for my mom but would recommend a tour.

Lisa Witt

We appreciate your positive feedback on Villa South.

Peace of Mind For My self

My mother is doing way better since her move to this community. I know she is safe, and in good hands in this facility. They have really provided me a peace of mind knowing she is receiving good care. The community is nice, and clean when I visit. The staff is kind, and helpful. This has been a good move for my mother, and her needs. I'am pleased with all they have done for us, and I would recommend this community.

Lisa Witt

We are delighted that you have peace of mind with your mom living at Villa South. That is what we strive for. Thanks for sharing!

My husband's new home

I am happy with the care at this community. I like that they always keep me informed on any changes that occur. The staff is always nice and caring. The meals are a good variety. They do have activities that are offered to the residents. He likes having visitors and is adjusting. I like that the community.

Thrive Memory Care I toured this community for my husband's care. This is a new community for memory care. I found the community to be the very beautiful community. The staff was excellent. They have a nice variety of activities that are offered.We would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Lisa Witt

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It's a challenge when a loved one is at a point of needing a memory care community, so we are pleased that you are happy with the care, activities and meals at our community.

No followup!

When I arrived at Villa of Corpus Christi South, I was supposed to meet with [Removed] to tour. When I arrived, she did not even come out of her office, she sent someone else to give me the tour. Afterward, she never did a follow-up. It did not leave me with a good impression.

Lisa Witt

We are so sorry that you understood you were scheduled to tour with one staff member and that you felt you were not given the attention you deserved when another staff member gave you a tour instead. APFM often gives the name of the Executive Director so you have a point of contact. However, Villa South has several staff members, including an Admissions Coordinator and an Executive Manager, capable of providing tours and answering questions. I understand you expected one person and would have hoped that person would greet you and introduce you to the person giving the tour. At the time, we had an issue that required immediate attention and felt you were in good hands with another Team Member. I appreciate your feedback and will make sure this does not happen to another visitor. I wish you the best as you search for the best assisted living facility. You are always welcome to return and give us another chance to improve our service. All the best.

Great Community

My mother is doing well here at this community. This is a nice place, and I'am comfortable with her move to this community. They are taking good care of her, and her needs. Everything has worked out very well for us at this community.

Lisa Witt

Thank you for sharing your perspective! Keep us posted on how your mother is doing. All the best.

My Mother Is Doing A Lot Better Here

Everything is going very well for my mother here at this facility. They are caring for her very well. It is a community I would recommend. They do a very good job with keeping her room and the facility very nice and clean. They have a good staff here. She is slowly trying the activities,they offer many for her to choose from. The food is fine. I know she is in good hand and receiving great care.

Lisa Witt

Thank you for sharing your mother's positive experience at Villa South. Glad she is settling in nicely and you are reassured she is in good hands. Keep us posted. All the best.

Villa of Corpus Christi South is all that!!!

My husband has moved to Villa of Corpus Christi SOuth and things are going great! He is adjusting, pretty much settled there, and they are taking real good care of him up there. I am real comfortable with them. They are seeing to all of his needs. I don't have to do anything anymore, they tell me they got him taken care of. I am really pleased! The food is fine, he is diabetic so they make sure he sticks to his diet, he's not always happy about it, it's not what he wants, but they make sure he eats right and takes his medicines. I would tell others to definitely check out this community and take their loved ones there.
I've also told so many people about A Place For Mom, it was such a blessing to find their site and get help from them.

Lisa Witt

Thank you for sharing your glowing review of Villa South. Our staff is proud of the care provided to residents and we appreciate your detailed insights to share with others seeking quality care.

Pretty good job

They have been doing a pretty good job here. The staff is patient, kind and attentive. The facility and the rooms are clean and orderly. The residents here are clean and they seem happy and well taken care of.

Lisa Witt

We appreciate your positive feedback. Keep us posted on how we are doing.

Great place

My mother-in-law lived at Villa South for 3 years. She was always treated with kindness and respect. All of the employees showed genuine concern for her needs especially in the last few weeks of her life when she could not speak for herself.

I was always contacted promptly by a staff member if they felt she had a need that should be brought to my attention.

This facility is always keep clean and attractively decorated for holidays and special occasions. I visited on a regular basis and was always pleased when I arrived to find all of the residents attending music or dance programs.
The rates were never increased in the 3 year period she was a resident. I had not had that experience at another facility she lived at prior to the Villa.

Lisa Witt

Dear Deb, thank you for providing such an in-depth review of Villa South. Our team takes great pride in providing the best environment for our residents and we are pleased that you appreciated all of these fine details. We will miss your mother-in-law. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of her life.

They have done well with being friendly and helping my mother. They have been very poor in there medications. They cannot follow instructions.

Lisa Witt

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. Your feedback was most helpful. Our team met and believe your concerns have been addressed. Villa South has a solid track record of care and compassion for its residents in the Corpus community. We are pleased that you are happy with the friendly staff who have helped your mother. We pride ourselves on our top quality care and nurturing a warm and comforting environment. We look forward to continuing to work with you and your Mom to provide the supportive care she needs.

No complaints so far.

I have had my grandmother in the Villa's for about 4 months. They seem to be taking very good care of her. She has alzheimers and is in their Stepping Stones unit. I visit about once a week and she continues to be in good spirits and seems to like it there. She is always clean and well groomed. They have a doctor that comes in and checks on them regularly. Any issues that arrive I have been consulted either with one of the caregivers or the doctor herself.
I was nervous about putting her in a home but she seems to be doing well so far. This was the most affordable Alzheimer's unit that I could find in the area and I don't have any complaints.

Lisa Witt

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you are pleased with the care provided to your grandmother in the Villa of Corpus Christi South Stepping Stones alzheimer's unit. It is natural to be anxious about such a significant late life transition for your grandmother. We take great pride at Villa South in the care provided and will make sure to pass along your positive comments to our care giving team!

12 Years Resident at the Villa

The Villa staff have been wonderful people and are highly competent. Their level of detail an awareness of the needs of each resident are outstanding.

Lisa Witt

Thank you Daniel for your glowing review. After 12 years of having a family member at Villa of Corpus Christi South, it is good to know that we are consistently providing top quality care. I appreciate your taking the time to let us know how we are doing.

Home Away from Home

It was very difficult to come to the conclusion it was time to move my dad from his home and familiar surroundings to an Assisted Living Facility. Finding Villa South did make the transition easier. They made my dad feel he had become a part of their family. From help with move in to arranging a new doctor to visit within the facility all went smoothly. Nurses, aides, dining personnel and business office staff are all friendly and helpful. As I live out of town, it is great to have peace of mind knowing daily help dressing, eating , taking medication as needed, plus having social activity with other Seniors is all found within the community of Villa South.

I'm happy and even better, I feel my dad is happy !

Lisa Witt

At Villa South, we understand that late-life transitions can be difficult. Thank you for letting us know that your Dad has made a successful transition and that your family is pleased with the care provided by the Team at Villa of Corpus Christi South. Our mission is to provide peace of mind to families so they know their loved one is well cared for. Thank you for your kind review.

Villa of Corpus Christi South is a private pay/>Assisted Living residence that offers the
amenities necessary to provide for a
resident’s daily living. Our goal at Villa of
Corpus Christi South is to fulfill the needs of
our residents by giving them an enriched
lifestyle, a better quality of life and the opportunity
to share new experiences and activities
in pleasant surroundings. We provide a
comfortable, “homey” environment for our
residents and include the elements of privacy,
security and convenience.
Villa of Corpus Christi South offers unique
coastal living, with a location only minutes
from the shoreline. We continue to be
progressive and flexible in meeting the
changing needs of those needing assistance.
You, your family, and friends are invited to
visit Villa of Corpus Christi South. We look
forward to sharing with you our unique
approach to Texas-style Assisted Living.

Please check out our secure Alzheimer's unit with the following features:

- Incontinent Care Available
- Therapeutic Activity Program
- Resident Support, Structure, Stability,
Stimulation, and Safety

Villa of Corpus South amenities include:
- Private suites with carpet, kitchenette,
including refrigerator and microwave, full
bath, individual heat and air conditioner
controls, and window treatments.
- Electric, water, and cable included in
basic fee
- Emergency pull cords available
- Attractive common dining area to provide
social interaction during meals.
- Hairsylist/manicurist available weekly.
- Private collection of books within facility
- Multiple living/sitting areas
- Picturesque surroundings with local
indigenous plants
- Enclosed lighted courtyard for pleasure or
exercise
- Individual mailboxes in a central location
- Smoke free environment
- The choice of using a furnished or
unfurnished suite
- Fireplace within the lovely carpeted living
room.
- Baby grand piano available for your
enjoyment.
- Screened porch to enjoy the Texas coastal
climate
- Parking available
Amenities Services
- Full service staff including a full-time activity
director, nurse, and dietary manager.
- Nurse and care attendants on call 24 hours
availability.
- Full service dining to provide three home
cooked meals per day:
- All meals served restaurant-style
- A full activites program provided
- Social functions
- Supervised exercise programs
- Shopping/errand service
- Housekeeping provided with special
attention to individual details:
- Suite upkeep/repair by maintenance staff
- Transportation services available through
scheduled appointments.
“Serving Seniors with Care”
Certified Alzheimer

Our Services include:
- Full service staff including a full-time activity
director, nurse, and dietary manager.
- Nurse and care attendants on call 24 hours
availability.
- Full service dining to provide three home
cooked meals per day:
- All meals served restaurant-style
- A full activities program provided
- Social functions