Valley View Assisted Living and Memory Care - Harlingen, TX

Giving the Best for Mom

Great service. Easy going and sensible personnel that identifies with your worries for Mom. They are with you all the way through the search for a good home for your ove ones. Thanks for all your help. It was much easier to find a nursing home for my Mom with your help. Thank you sooo much

The Nicest, Cleanest Place with the Nicest People

We really wanted to move my mother into Valley View, but unfortunately, she now needs skilled nursing. Valley View would have been great. The people there seem really nice, and both [Removed] are just phenomenal people. The rest of the staff is super helpful, the food is good, and it is all around a very nice community. It is by far the nicest, cleanest place with the nicest rooms and people we saw while we were searching for a place for my mom. We have moved her to a skilled nursing facility that is also very good, but we were quite pleased with Valley View.

Love this place

I love this place. Valley View Assisted Living and Memory care it is an excellent fit for my loved one. The staff is very friendly. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. They are very welcoming to friends and family when we come to visit. The staff is easy to communicate with. They respond quickly to any questions or concerns regarding his well-being. He enjoys the meals that they provide. The staff encourages the residents to participate in the activities provided. He seems very happy in his new environment. I would recommend this community to others.

They Are Providing Really Good Services

We picked this community and now everything is really good for my dad. He likes the meals and activities that the community provides. The staff give me updates and fills me in with any details, since the last time I visited my dad.

Awesome Place!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment made sure to answer any questions we had for them. They had a a nice open floor plan with lots of great amenities available to all the residents. I would defiantly recommend it to anyone it was just not the right fit for my mom in the end decision.

A good choice

The staff are excellent at Valley View. They are taking good care of my dad. They help with his medication and are quick to respond when he needs assistance. The food is very good and they keep the community well taken care of. They offer a lot of daily activities and outings. I would recommend this community.

Mom's stay at Valley View

When you first pull up to Valley View Senior Living you don't get a feeling like this is going to be sad. To the contrary. When you walk in the front door you might think you are in a beautiful Apartment foyer.
My mother is in the memory care wing now. The assisted living wing was not as pleasant for a couple of reasons but now she is content. The nurses and aides are just wonderful! I've watched them patiently feeding a person who cannot feed themselves. Gently guided people when they appear to be lost. I just cannot say enough about their kindness and patience.
I think my mother is in the very best place for her. I know when I leave, each time, that I'm leaving her in Good hands.

PS If you're wondering about the Assisted Living experience I will just say that it was a time when my mother was trying to adjust. The bad part is that her wedding ring disappeared and a ruby ring ..one week the center diamond was removed then the following week the ring too disappeared. I mentioned it to the manager and she told me I shouldn't have brought those items into the space anyway. I knew she was right but it stung anyway.

By the way. As a caregiver for my mother for over 2 years I was in pretty awful shape myself. Then I heard there was a support group monthly upstairs at VV. I can't tell you how helpful this has been for me and I'm sure for others.

My father's care.

This community is taking great care of my dad. The staff is caring and helpful for all his needs. The food is very good and appealing for him. Activities are offered to him to be involved. This community comes highly recommended for other families.

Valley View gets 5 stars from me!!!

My mother in law is doing good since moving into Valley View. She loves it there and we are even looking into maybe moving my parents into the community. The food is good and they offer a lot of activities for the residents. The community is clean and I would recommend it.

Didn't get to move in, but still very impressed!

Unfortunately our loved one was unable to move in due to some medical issues that came up, but up until that point our experience with Valley View was absolutely wonderful. The gentleman who helped us out, Richard, was a huge help throughout the whole process, and the people were nothing but accommodating to us! They got the room set up just the way we wanted in terms of paint, carpet, appliances, etc! The facility and the grounds are beautiful, and everyone seemed very friendly. Even though we didn't end up getting to use them I could tell it would be a wonderful place, I'd definitely recommend at least looking into them!

Very happy with everything

Very happy with everything the facility has to offer.

Pleasant staff

Brookdale is a nice, clean facility. The staff is also pleasant and they are very accommodating to people who have special requests. It is always clean and well maintained here. Everyone has such a postitive attitude here.

Need to improve on communication

They can improve on their communication. They have not informed me of issues that they have with my Father. There have been a couple of issues that I brought to their attention and they did try to appease me and resolve the issues

Stay on top of it!

For the most part I am pleased. There are some issues that have been slow to establish on a regular basis. Daddy was suppose to have a hands-off shower 3 times a week. This has not happened. His personal laundry is to be done once a week. This has also not been consistent. I have been disappointed in the cleaning of the apartment. He is there because he needs the extra nursing care that they promised was part of assisted living part B. Sometimes it is slow. I understand these are seemingly insignificant concerns, however, it was necessary to find a different place for my mother after she was released from the hospital. She is on palliative care. She has special needs which include an Asept catheter. It became clear that Brookdale, formerly, Canteberry would be unable to adequately take care of her light of the fact that simple things seem to fall through the cracks. This has made it necessary for my parents to live apart at a considerable added expense. While no place is perfect..I am still having to remind the staff about what should be automatic.

It's going pretty well so far.

It's going pretty well so far. It's kept very clean. The food looks good, and they say it's good. They are very well taken care of and everyone is nice. My loved ones don't participate much in the activities, so it's hard to rate that part.

Needs Improvements.

This facility if severely understaffed. Calls for assistance sometimes take as long as two hours.

There is no one available for help during dining hours because all of the people working are called to the dining room. Food is often cold. The carpet is damaged and filthy. Carpet cleaning occurs only when expected visits from company people. Shortage of silverware and basic needs for meals.

Cold showers have been frequent over the past few months because of badly needed repairs to the boiler.

I wouldnt have asked for a better assisted living. They really help my loved one having dementia. There is some activities to help them with it and take it by day by day. He seems really happy their as long as that is then im happy too. The facility is also always nice and clean. The staff does a really great job.

Review of Canterbury court assisted living.

I placed my mother in Canterbury court assisted living on 22 February and she made a quick adjustment. The room is wonderful and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The activities are great for the people and they continue to keep the people active and engaged with each other. Mom danced at a Madagascar party. She hasn't danced in years! This was a joy to see. I can find nothing so far that we are unhappy about. This has been wonderful for us and we were assisted by a home for mom. I can only hope others can find such a good fit for there loved ones.

Taking care of the elders.

The office staff is very professional and have the clients interest in mind. When I moved my parents in, there were a couple of things that needed to be done in their studio and the facilities people were prompt to fix / complete them. Most of all, the knowledge that my parents are satisfied with where they are, is fulfilling.

Great Place very help staff

Richard the director of community relations is fantastic. He was so helpful in getting my dad and step mom moved into their apartment. As for cleanliness the carpets in the hallways are worn and stained. The Apartment itself was very clean and nice. The meals are good and lots of activities if your parents want to participate.

Friendly Staff, Comparable Price

The staff are all very friendly here! Although my loved one does not participate in the activities, I see them happening regularly and other residents are engaged. I've heard feedback from my loved one that the care services could be improved. However, as far as price is concerned, they were comparable to the others and right there with them. We chose them because, when we were visiting, our loved one met with the staff, had lunch, and decided this was the one!

Canterbury GARDENS (independent livin...

Canterbury GARDENS (independent living) not Court (assisted living). Cleanliness could be better. If maintenance gets done, it takes awhile. No followup on maintenance. Needs more activities especially for men. Overall I am satisfied.

Everything that they have offered has been excellent.

We have not been able to move there yet, however everything that we've seen, everything that they have offered has been excellent. It was very clean and attractive with absolutely no odors, the grounds were lovely. The personnel was excellent. One of the things that was appealing to us is that, even though there is some Alzheimers and dementia, he will be able to go on drives in the van. The environment and meeting the needs that we have and the security. I think they are very reasonable. We looked at places that were a thousand dollars more a month for less. The menus looked varied and healthy.

Very nice, clean community

I've only visited a few times myself, but my Dad seems to like it here. It is a nice looking, clean community, and the staff all seem very friendly. It's "affordable" as far as assisted living costs go. Dad has also had good things to say about the food.

So far so good

Everything that we have seen so far looks really great. They are friendly and helpful. They seem to be taking good care of our loved one. So far we have been very pleased with everything they are doing.

Canterbury Court Assisted Living is conveniently located near the major medical community of Harlingen. Our welcoming, home like atmosphere and friendly staff are beyond compare. You can live the pampered lifestyle of having someone else prepare home-style meals and enjoy the company of friends while being served in our comfortable dining room. You will have the privacy and independence of your own spacious studio or one- bedroom apartment with the security of knowing our staff is always there to help you if you need it. All apartments are equipped with refrigerators, microwaves, individually controlled heating and air conditioning, handicap accessible showers, and an emergency call system. You will have the luxury of having our bus take you to doctor appointments and shopping – or perhaps you will join us for a scenic drive on a Sunday afternoon. Maybe you would rather sit and entertain friends and family in our cozy, beautiful living room or gather around the piano for a family sing-a-long. Our activities and events are sure to please you.

For residents with Alzheimer’s and dementia-related needs, Canterbury Court is proud to feature accommodations in Hibiscus Gardens, our Special Care Unit, providing individualized attention and care by 24 hour staff specifically trained for these type of needs. The residents have the freedom to venture around Hibiscus Gardens and admire the decorations, join others in activities, or we will set up their own area to do whatever they enjoy. They will have the pleasure of their own semi-private apartment and be encouraged to be as independent as possible and maintain their dignity. We become part of their family and provide the emotional support they and their family members need through the progression of the disease.

Many of our staff have been with us since we opened our doors 1998. We truly are family and welcome you to join us. Come see the difference we will make to your life.