The Waterford at Corpus Christi - Corpus Christi, TX

My tour

This is a lovely community. The people we met during our tour were friendly. This community seems to offer a lot of activities and they allow pets. The way this community was presented it seemed as though it would be a little more expensive than what we were looking for.

Care and comfort

We like the care at this community. We like the caring staff who make her feel confortable. We like that she does enjoy the variety of good meals. She is active with the many activitites and it makes us happy to know that she is in a clean community with good care. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one and a good value

Great place!

This place is just great! The staff are great; they are sure to take care of my loved one's needs and requests. There are plenty of activities offered for my loved one to participate in. The only complaint is that my loved one, along with several other residents, don't particularly care for the food. I know its hard to cook for a large group but they really need to improve the menu and quality of the food (for example the broccoli is more stems than anything). I still recommend the place highly however.

Know your facility type

Be advised this is a Type A facility. Your loved one must be able to evacuate alone in 13 minutes or less and if they can't, Waterford will kick them out. Save the trouble and find a Type B facility instead. You can search the state database of the Dept of Aging and Disabled for different facilities and the state complaints against them. Wish I'd known that beforehand, would have saved us all a lot of trouble, time, and money.

[removed] Residents do not have proper equipment such as transfer boards and lifts. There is only two people working during any given shift and that is not enough to help with all of the residents.

We are very happy with the service.

So far things are going pretty well. We are very happy with the service. All of the feedback I have gotten has been positive, there have been no complaints so far. I would rate them very highly at this point.

The Esplanade is dedicated to creating environments where moments of joy, independence, and wellness are the focus each and every day.

Choose your path at The Esplanade!

It's not just a name, it's our mission. At The Esplanade, we want our commitment to our residents to exemplify this definition; we want to support you in fulfilling your path in life.

Enrich your life; expand your horizons!

At The Esplanade, you will step into a welcoming, home-like neighborhood where you live the life you want! Whether you prefer an active social calendar or a more relaxed way of life, our respect for each person's individuality and lifestyle is at the center of all that we do.

Our residents are warmhearted, dynamic people who enjoy the freedom of Retirement and Assisted Living; freedom for the worries and hassles of solitary living, freedom from cooking and cleaning, freedom to come and go as one pleases in surroundings that are kind, gracious and secure - knowing someone is always at hand if help is needed.

Rediscover Yourself....

Our vibrant Life Enrichment program features new adventures, exciting opportunities to learn, fun with friends and a variety of social, recreational and wellness activities. Our programs help build meaningful friendships and allow you to explore new things! The Esplanade is where friendly faces and conversations are easy to come by; a place where independence, dignity, and privacy are respected.