The Eliot at Catskill - Catskill, NY

I love The Eliot!

I love The Eliot! Recently, my family and I had to make the tough decision to put our aunt in a senior care facility. We are her only family and she had began to need more care than we could provide. We viewed many senior care facilities. This was a really long and emotional process, and very difficult on us all. But at the Eliot, we all, especially my aunt, really felt at home. The entire process, from the beginning to end, made us feel so cared for and comforted. The marketing girl was so empathetic and knew just how we were feeling and how hard this is. When we were there we knew we were making the right decision. My aunt was even excited about the activities! I hadn't seen her excited for quite some time. I am so incredibly grateful for the staff and level of care we received. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

On our list

We visited The Eliot at Catskill yesterday. They were celebrating National Ice Cream day, all residents and staff were involved and absolutely loving it! The staff showed us through the entire facility and were all very nice, they even invited us to join the Ice Cream festivities! The Eliot is definitely on the top of our list for Mom.

Too large

The Eliot is a wonderful place. The representative who showed us around was very nice and informative. I did not choose this for my mother because it was a little large and I felt it would be overwhelming.

Nice place

The Eliot at Catskill was a very pleasant facility to visit. I had a relative who had decided to stay there after he reached a certain age and was no longer able to fully care for himself. The Eliot's staff seemed very polite and courteous. It's such a stellar assisted living facility that I have even considered staying there, myself, one day in the future.

We settled on The Eliot and are very happy with our choice. It was a easy process as they have been very accommodating. All of the help from the administrator and on down has been great. The room is always clean and the food is wonderful.

Administrator is incompetent

Doesn't care about residents or employees, all they want is money

Good People

We cannot thnk the good people at the eliot enough. They are extremely helpful and professional. My parents' transition has been made as smooth as can possibly be!

Very thankful :)

My mom lovingly calls The Eliot her home. They provide her with confidence to stay as active and mobile as possible. The daily activities provide her the stimulation to participate and interact with other residents. The social interaction rounds out her life at The Eliot and is very important.

Friendly helpful people

The people at The Eliot are very friendly, and very helpful. I had a lot of loose ends to tie up before I was able to move, and they've been a huge help throughout the whole process. I've been very impressed with their follow-up and concern.

A great choice to make

I have chosen the Eliot as a living facility for my friend last month. Knowing her high expectations, I worried about her being content.
She is extremely happy with the service. The aids are very friendly and even hug her goodnight.
The meals are ok, but the soup is delicious.
Colleen, the facilitor has been very helpful as well. She always responds promptly.
I am very happy overall.

This place is absolutely disgusting. ...

This place is absolutely disgusting. It is poorly managed, filthy, the staff either isn't adequately trained and licensed or don't care to do their job. They rude and treat the tenants poorly. I'm highly disgusted to say my grandmother is a tenant/patient and I'm searching for a new place for her.

Eliot at Catskill = A+

My Uncle moved into the Eliot at Catskill 2 months ago and we could not be happier with our decision. The staff are very caring and attentive. He has made several new friends and the activities staff have been taking him out to see different sites around Catskill. He loves Ken's cooking and the variety of food they offer there. Our family would recommend them to anyone looking for a safe and caring home.

Good, but not if your mom's a foodie

My mom is having a mostly good experience at the Elliott. The staff is friendly and helpful; the grounds are very nice, green and flowering; her accommodations are comfortable; and she's been making friends. Her main complaint is with the food: the meals are not well-balanced and the kitchen seems to be skimping on portions. They've just hired a new chef, however, so this may change. Also, the activities are on the slight side — not enough intellectual pursuits (concerts, plays, or other cultural outings as opposed to shopping trips to Wal-Mart). But overall, her experience there has been good (although she's only been there two weeks).

A warm, caring atmosphere. Smiling, accomodating and competent staff. Delicious, restaurant-style meals. Friends, activities and spirituality. All of this and more is part of the carefree lifestyle experienced by the residents at The Pavilion.

Nestled in the Catskills, The Pavilion provides a wide range of services, including three meals per day, medication management services, weekly housekeeping and laundry and daily bedmaking, personal care services including assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming and toileting, an emergency call system, and beautiful spacious rooms and suites. Rooms and suites are fully furnished, but residents are encouraged to bring anything they'd like to decorate their private space. An on-site licensed home care agency, in addition to the 24-hour enriched housing staff can provide additional services such as wound care and assistance with catheters or colostomys.

The Pavilion Senior Residence is more than just a place to live- It is a better way of life for the one you love.