Home Sweet Home of Athens - Athens, NY

Lovely Facility

My mother spent the last 5 years of her life at this wonderful Assisted Living Facility. Grateful is an understatement. We were blessed to have found such a homey place. The staff and care was exceptional and my mom made several friends there. The size of the facility really made a difference in the social experience. My mother's mind was kept at ease because she knew someone was always nearby.

I would recommend Home Sweet Home of Athens to anyone who is worried about placing a family member in a facility, because this place made an enormous difference in my mother's and my quality of life.

God bless the caregivers and owners.

Not the right fit for mom

I don't think this community was a good fit for my mom. Her needs exceeded what they were able to offer to her. I for people who are fully functional and ambulatory this is a good option. We chose this community because it was very homey and small. It is not modern and is slightly outdated but we did not mind, it is still very clean.

I found it to be very clean although very small.The only thing you could do independently is to come and go.Scheduled showers and kitchen is OFF LIMITS.Very little freedom and nothing within walking distance...

Clean. Staff helpful in eng...

Clean. Staff helpful in engaging residents. Received a tour when I showed up unannounced. Was pleased overall, with what I saw.

Home Sweet Home of Athens is a 24-bed facility located in historic Athens, NY blocks from the majestic Hudson River. Owned and operated by Registered Nurses we care for the person’s physical, social, and spiritual needs. Our family atmosphere encourages a sense of purpose and promotes independence with individualized attention. We strive to keep our facility small and homelike in nature.

Home Sweet Home of Athens is a specialized home. We have private and semi-private rooms for our independent living adult home. We also have an assisted living program (ALP) licensed by the New York State Department of Health for residents needing additional staff assistance and supervision allowing the resident to “age in place.”