Discovery Village at the West End - Richmond, VA

Place is a Total Joke - Horrible Experience

Terrible services - patients are ignored and are over charged for things like bed pads that are never used. Patient therapy was a joke - total joke. A group of patients are taken to a large room (many in wheel chairs) and then someone stands up and does their physical therapy instruction. Can never find a nurse on duty - this happened to our relative and the patient in the other bed. We pulled our loved one from the facility.

Love it here

My mother is here in residence. I love the facility. It is clean, healthy, and my mother is being well taken care of. I stop by 3 to 4 times a week. It had been an awesome experience.

Provided a wealth of information. That aided in our search.

Family beware and watch your loved one if you use this facility

Facility is seems nice from the outside- seems like a lot of employee turn over in the last 1 and 1/2 years. Have seen patients sitting with no shoes, have seen patients sitting with no supervision. Some of the management seem uncaring to the patients and family! Have had problems with the facility and the director-the director even reported incorrect information! Have had to contact the state to investigate the facility for possible violations. Still not sure how a patient could leave the facility and no one know how- the facility did not know the patient was missing until the police brought the patient back and knocked on the door.

It's been wonderful

its been wonderful. The Crossings at University Park is a wonderful assisted living community. My overall rating of this community is 4 stars. This is a pretty good facility with great services. If you are searching for an assisted living community in the Richmond, VA area, I would suggest this place. It is clean and has a good atmosphere. I am glad that my loved one is well taken care of and happy here.

New, clean facility, but lacking in many ways

Our family experienced both the Assisted Living and the Memory Care units. While the facility building is new and pretty, we felt the staff were inexperienced and unreliable and management was not empathetic to patients and families. A few of our brief thoughts over a few months were:

-Incorrect ratio of medicine technicians to residents/patients. Caused hour delays in time sensitive medications being delivered, even when the facility was not filled to capacity.
-Residents voices were ignored, no follow up after resident feedback meetings.
-Kitchen/Food was subpar. Often did not post menu.
-Little to no activities for memory care residents. Routinely would just see staff sitting and watching tv with residents as the major activity for the day.
-The facility was very concerned with appearances, and not so much resident care and relations.

Overall it's a clean, new facility that smelled good and offered some 'fancy' meals and activities for Assisted Living residents. But the minuses outweighed the pluses for us.

Respite care

My husband spent a week in memory care. He was safe, well fed and entertained. The staff placed a call to my cell twice so I could talk to him while I was away. I would use The Crossings again.

Clean, friendly staff, open...

Clean, friendly staff, open, bright, liked semi-private room. Plan to use for respite

The Crossings at University Park is a superior facility for any loved one.

My husband could not come home after rehab due to his inability to walk and after looking into several facilities for him I was very impressed with The Crossings at University Park. He has been there for slightly over a month and I am truly pleased with my choice for him. For the most part, he is very happy there, although he would rather be home. Home is not an option at this time. He has availed himself of the outings provided (which I could not provide if he were home). Food is very well prepared and served graciously in the dining room. All in all I would highly recommend the Crossings at University Park to anyone seeking a clean, caring community.